Turn on thread page Beta

What's it like being a singleton? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsailor)
    Worst is when people ask silly questions:

"If I hit you, will your brother/sister feel it?", "Do you know what your brother/sister is thinking all the time?" :mad:

I sometimes feel like saying, "If I hit you, will you piss off?!"

Michael
    I get that sometimes too!

ReputationRep:
    LOL they think you guys are linked with each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    LOL they think you guys are linked with each other.
    Well, it's the whole ESP thing isn't it...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it's nice to have my own space and not be constantly compared to anyone. I'm the oldest of 3 and I like it just being me who gets to drink alcohol and have an en suite bathroom, and soon a car. :rolleyes: I like that I don't have to answer to anyone because no-one really cares what I do, but I still wish I was closer to people. I'd probably have felt/feel a lot more pressure to go out-smoke and get laid etc if I was a twin/triplet! I think it would actually be really embarrassing having someone in my family unit know certain things that'd happened to me/or I've done. :s:

It's hard to compare because every family is so, so different, even if 2 families had the same kids, the kid's childhoods would be really different.

ReputationRep:
    i have a twin and she isn't related to me!

ReputationRep:
    i wanna murder my sister half the time. But because shes older than me i dont see much of her, which is good sometimes and bad others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    i have a twin and she isn't related to me!
    :eek: tis a miracle! Care to explain...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkward_eagle)
    we look similar, are together constantly, read each others minds, finish each others sentences...

but we arent related at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkward_eagle)
    a step sister born on the same day but parents divorced again so....technically not a twin but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    we look similar, are together constantly, read each others minds, finish each others sentences...

but we arent related at all!
    WTF that's not a twin. and answer my pm!!!
    ps i thought u were in chat

ReputationRep:
    weird... my best friend's a non-identical twin and people used to think i was her twin cos we looked kinda alike and our personalities are more similar than hers and her real twin's are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfusion)
    WTF that's not a twin. and answer my pm!!!
    ps i thought u were in chat
    what PM??

and its called moving forums!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i guess everyone wanders if the grass is greener

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I'd probably have felt/feel a lot more pressure to go out-smoke and get laid etc if I was a twin/triplet!
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I certainly haven't felt that being a triplet has pressurised me into smoking or anything like that! I can see what you mean though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.