The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Another question - do they book live bands to play?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Ditzy knows all!!
yeah they book live bands
Reply 4
oooh...wonder if they'd let my bf's band play - they are v good :biggrin:
Reply 5
Nah they only book bands who can fill to capacity ie over 1000
Reply 6
My bfs band have filled venues at that capacity.
Reply 7
What are they called?
Reply 8
Fleece

I like it :smile:
Reply 10
Are you Finnish?
Reply 11
Northumbrian
A few quick questions.

*What are arranged events at the union like?
*How much is a pint?
*How often do people go to the pub for a drink in the evening even if it's only just one drink?

Personally I wasn't too keen on the union in the evenings, there were just generally better places to go in town, some of the specific nights are supposed to be very good though, like Brighton Beach, and Wendy House (one a month sort of jobbies)

I don't drink pints so I haven't a clue!! It all seemed quite reasonable though (I usually ended up too drunk to care though)

We quite often went on an evening after we'd been in uni late for a drink. The union has 2 bars (The Old Bar and The Terrace) and a club (Stylus, with Bar Coda attached) So people were always in the Terrace or the Old Bar just having a quite drink.

Fleece: The uni has live bands, but the do tend to book the bigger ones, like Ash, Embrace (I can't think who else played, they were just the ones I saw, but that sort of band) Joseph's Well (in the city) books a lot of bands though, the Kaiser Chiefs used to play there regularly before they made it big.
Reply 12
Ditzy

Fleece: The uni has live bands, but the do tend to book the bigger ones, like Ash, Embrace (I can't think who else played, they were just the ones I saw, but that sort of band) Joseph's Well (in the city) books a lot of bands though, the Kaiser Chiefs used to play there regularly before they made it big.

Ooh thanks...they're trying to expand into Leeds atm...they've played at the vine a couple of times but i'm trying to scout around to find them good places to play. I'll tell them about Joseph's Well :smile:
get them to sheffield to the deepend and the boardwalk
Reply 14
They play at the boardwalk quite often, next gig there is 27th August...they've played leadmill before and have another gig coming up there, not sure when at the mo though..
coolio i might pop down to the boardwalk on tht night n have a listen
Reply 16
ya should :-D i'll be there
ill see wat my monetary funds are like round tht time lol
Northumbrian
Are you Finnish?

Who was that question directed too?
Reply 19
Fleece

Latest