The Student Room Group

I think my nose stud is stuck

For the past two weeks I have been trying to turn my nose stud but it hurts and I can't move it a lot. I've tried taking it out but it doesn't budge. So I think it's stuck.

Can anyone help? Do I need to go to the doc?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

what kind of stud is in there?

and why are you trying to turn it? thats just going to irritate the piercing
http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/6b/e/AAAAAprR-lYAAAAAAGvhSg.jpg like this but the end is mor curled.

I'm trying to make sure my skin dosn't heal over the piercing
Reply 3
Where did you get it pierced?
Reply 4
If I were you, I would soak it with lot's of warm salt water, on a regular basis (over a week) and only after that time (and after cleaning it multiple times with a cotton bud and the water) try to move it, if you must.
grape:)
If I were you, I would soak it with lot's of warm salt water, on a regular basis (over a week) and only after that time (and after cleaning it multiple times with a cotton bud and the water) try to move it, if you must.

OK I'll try it.
Thanks

I just want to take it out. Don't like it anymore
Reply 6
Theres tons of youtube videos on how to take those studs out :smile:
Just browse for a good one!
emilyystar
Theres tons of youtube videos on how to take those studs out :smile:
Just browse for a good one!

There's nothing. And I've pulled and pulled and twisted and pulled again. it won't budge
Reply 8
How long have you had it done?
If it's quite a while and it's not used to bing moved then it may the flesh may have started to heal around the stud making the hole smaller and difficult to turn. I agree with the salt water post :smile:, and move it after you know it's not infected.

Nose studs are a bum, I just don't think mine will ever just stay the same.
Cafwin
How long have you had it done?
If it's quite a while and it's not used to bing moved then it may the flesh may have started to heal around the stud making the hole smaller and difficult to turn. I agree with the salt water post :smile:, and move it after you know it's not infected.

Nose studs are a bum, I just don't think mine will ever just stay the same.

got it done in October. Ever since I put this new stud in, I've not been able to move it much but now I just can't move it. I can get it to move a tiny bit but then it just stops and no matter how hard I push it, it doesn't move.
soak the peircing in nice warm water with a cotton wool ball and your should be able to turn it- if i were you i would also get a bioflex stud to change it to, they are a lot easier to take out.
Reply 12
It may be the change of stud then... what kind of stud was it? Hopefully the soaking in salt water will work as it should loosen it all and stuffs. If you've tried everything then it may just have to be a grit your teeth and bear having someone pull it out with a bit of force, or go to the doctor if nothing else works.
Hope it gets better!
Does it look a bit more, umm, "sunk into" your nose than usual? That's what happened to mine. The skin ended up healing over and I had to have it surgically removed, sad times :frown:
Reply 14
For future reference, you don't need to turn the jewellery in any piercing - it's not going to heal to your skin or anything like that, it's an old myth.

I agree with the people who suggested soaking it first and make sure any crusties are removed from the curled part on the inside, and also putting a bit of lube if you have any onto the end of the stud might help it if you can kinda wiggle it in, heh. Otherwise go to a piercing studio and ask them to remove it for you.
Do what grape:smile: said. it works.
Reply 16
paniking_and_not_revising
OK I'll try it.
Thanks

I just want to take it out. Don't like it anymore

Sure, :smile:
Bella_trixxx
Does it look a bit more, umm, "sunk into" your nose than usual? That's what happened to mine. The skin ended up healing over and I had to have it surgically removed, sad times :frown:

The wire at the back looks like some skin has started to grow over it
firstly make sure ur hands have been VERYYY well cleaned before you touch it.
then clean ur nose n the hole with salty water or alcohol.
dab on some olive oil around the stud...try twisting it slowly but stronglyyy.
if tht dont work go to the place where u got it pierced and see if they will change it for u
good luck
x
This is exactly my problem my nose ring is stuck in my nose I've tried pulling and tugging even placed hot water on my nose it's just not bugging I've been given a week to get it out seeing as I have school
Please help x

Quick Reply

Latest