Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    darr...

mother has this thing that she wants to pay for things for me, sounds like a gud idea but then she wants control over it. latest example-a coat, says she will pay for it but what will happen is that she will complain that "i will not pay for that" and demand i have a coat she wants me to have but not what i want: time to put foot down

shes not keen on me visiting leeds uni (one i applied for) she says it costs so much to get up there, i think its because its the furthest away form home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    darr...

mother has this thing that she wants to pay for things for me, sounds like a gud idea but then she wants control over it. latest example-a coat, says she will pay for it but what will happen is that she will complain that "i will not pay for that" and demand i have a coat she wants me to have but not what i want: time to put foot down

shes not keen on me visiting leeds uni (one i applied for) she says it costs so much to get up there, i think its because its the furthest away form home
    Yeh, it must be really irritating when applying for Uni- when parents do the 'It's too far' thing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnewThat!)
    Yeh, it must be really irritating when applying for Uni- when parents do the 'It's too far' thing :rolleyes:
    yeah it is, one of my friends took a map, drew a circle round bristol of about 100 miles and applied anywhere out of that circle lol,

i wish parents woudl figure that their is a reason why ppl apply further away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Hi again, all,

Does anybody else have problems with seriously overprotective parents? My dad's fine, he's on my side, but my mom, she must be evil. She doesn't let me do stuff like go to town on my own, even to meet friends (I live in Birmingham, about 15mins bus ride from the centre from the bottom of my road, friends live all over the city), she insists on following me. She'll (seriously!) run to the front door screaming "Nooooo!" and bury herself in the corner next to the door handle so I'd have to forcefully remove her to get out. There are countless times this has happened.

Also last summer all my friends were going on a great trip to Tanzania for a month and I nearly went on it, until my mom began to look for every excuse possible to stop me, taking the opportunity posed by the cancelling of flights to Nairobi (the organiser of the trip had to reshuffle the flights a bit) to stop me going. If that hadn't have come, she'd have tried to stop me going some other way.

I've tried talking to her but she's still the same. I'm 15 years old, all my friends can do pretty much what they want. Mom always has some lame excuse!

Does anyone have any advice? Or parents just as bad, or worse?
    my parents are just as bad mate, i wont even get started

ReputationRep:
    man, i feel sorry for u guys. As long as i ring up every now and then just to let them no i'm ok, my parents are pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    man, i feel sorry for u guys. As long as i ring up every now and then just to let them no i'm ok, my parents are pretty easy.
    The parties have been disbanded BTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The parties have been disbanded BTW
    whats that suppose to mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    whats that suppose to mean.
    the stuff on your sig about teh different Partys ef GOT etc...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.