magnolia Watch

This discussion is closed.
pwofessow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Currently i have rather long hair and wondering if anyone thinks having a hair style like Tom cruise in Magnolia would be considered as fashionable (eventhou i dont have his looks :p: )..
any comments?
niamhster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This look never seems to go out of fashion. I would say though to keep it fashionable, try to keep it in good condition, regular trims, some layers through it, using a good shampoo and conditioner and styling products. However, don't overload with styling products as that can make a hair style like that look too heavy and greasy.

The hair style though is nice, so cool go for it!!!
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you could get quite a lot of success at the gay pub down the road from me, looking like this:

http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_1...onscreen23.gif

Actually, I guess it's quite a tough haircut to pull off. It's rare to have decent enough hair for it to look good and a very masculine face if you don't want people calling you Miss.

If my hair wasn't so thick and didn't look so ****** when it's long, I wouldn't mind having that haircut.
pwofessow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ur actually right, i'm quite sure many would call me miss if i do sumhow manage to pull it off..on the other hand, many do already :p:
I've tried it out, i'm simply not sure wat kind of hair is required.. I've straightend my hair, but it's really thick.. Tom cruise doesnt have such dense hair.. oki..my question: wat kind of hair would be best to try a hairstyle like that?
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pwofessow)
ur actually right, i'm quite sure many would call me miss if i do sumhow manage to pull it off..on the other hand, many do already :p:
I've tried it out, i'm simply not sure wat kind of hair is required.. I've straightend my hair, but it's really thick.. Tom cruise doesnt have such dense hair.. oki..my question: wat kind of hair would be best to try a hairstyle like that?
I think very fine hair is what you need... I had slightly long hair in high school and my hair is very very thick. There was just too much of it. Even though it didn't look that bad, it looked nothing like Tom Cruise's hair. It was more like a longer version of Matt Damon's haircut in Good Will Hunting and he doesn't have excessively thick hair.

Tom Cruise has kind of girly fine hair. That's probably the best kind of hair to have for it to look good. But then again, that's what hair products are there for: even if you don't have the right kind of hair, you can pull it off by using a mountain of gels, putties, and other hair products. I'd rather my hair looked almost acceptable without any hair product as I'm not the kind of person who likes taking several minutes to do his hair in the morning when going to uni.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads