Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine this year are.
    Keep the nails at a decent length or wear falsies. i think bitten nails look unproffesional but I cant stop biting them damn it. I can give up meat but not biting my nails its crazy

Go out more. I work really hard so I need to chill sometimes. Plus i cant last 2 years without a bloke and I live in all female halls

Work hard

Be more confident I want to do an assertiveness course. At the moment I only assert myself if I'm pissed off.
    I know the answers in seminars and I feel too intimidated to say anything incase I am wrong and look stupid.

Drive more- I still hate it and I need to be more confident with that too.

Most importantly not to miss opportunities with guys because I am too shy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Mine this year are.
    Keep the nails at a decent length or wear falsies. i think bitten nails look unproffesional but I cant stop biting them damn it. I can give up meat but not biting my nails its crazy

Go out more. I work really hard so I need to chill sometimes. Plus i cant last 2 years without a bloke and I live in all female halls

Work hard

Be more confident I want to do an assertiveness course. At the moment I only assert myself if I'm pissed off.
    I know the answers in seminars and I feel too intimidated to say anything incase I am wrong and look stupid.

Drive more- I still hate it and I need to be more confident with that too.

Most importantly not to miss opportunities with guys because I am too shy.
    Have you found that university has increased your confidence and assertiveness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Mine this year are.
    Advice buy those bitter nail varnish things, in that way whenever you try to take a bite, the bitterness drives you away.

Not that I know anything about nail varnish or anything... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Advice buy those bitter nail varnish things, in that way whenever you try to take a bite, the bitterness drives you away.

hmm 2776, UKL Demigod? is that your status? ive not seen it before.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

i've tried those and they do work, but sometimes any food that touches your fingers also picks up the taste so you end up with revolting sandwiches etc.

i've just had false nails on for about a week + i took them off last night + they have damaged my nails so much, they're even weaker than before... i think i'm going to get proper acrylic ones when i get back from holiday.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    its new, look at about UKL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Yeah d has updated the titles again me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    its new, look at about UKL
    oh ok, sorry for acting a bit delayed

ReputationRep:
    Well this is my second time at uni, I was shy the first time it hasnt really changed. I'm more independant but I'm naturally quite introverted I keep myself to myself and I'm not that good in big groups of people. I think its an only child thing.

As for the nail varnish I actually get to like the taste of stop and grow the only thing I can think of is to put false nails on top.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are gonna be:
    1) Make a website
    2) Stop biting my nails
    3) Stop cracking my knuckles
    4) Stop eating so much sherbet
    5) Don't put so much sugar in my tea (3 spoonfuls!)
    6) Go to sleep earlier
    7) Don't watch so much TV
    8) Don't EVER watch repeats on TV
    9) Finish my scrap book
    10) Get my films developed (Is that how you spell it? Yeah.)

ReputationRep:
    To do and say exactly what I think.

ReputationRep:
    THEY ARE SUCH A WASTE!

You might as well start sticking by them this very instant if you are going to take them seriously. People who say they aren't going to bite their nails and bite them all of of New Years Eve haven't got a clue.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    1) Lose a bit of weight, I know it will be better for me in the long run and i'll feel better about myself (not too much though)
    2)Work a bit harder on my attendance
    3)Pay more attention to bands that haven't been around for like a couple of years, for example I have recently started getting very into No Doubt who have been around nearly as long as I have
    4) Save money for University, STOP SPENDING IT ALL
    5)Try to be a generally nicer person
    6)Sleep better

see realistic, no giving up smoking or drinking...if you want to stop doing something bad, start small and then build it up it doesn't seem like so much of a struggle then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    oh ok, sorry for acting a bit delayed
    No, it only came into force today,

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.