This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine this year are.
Keep the nails at a decent length or wear falsies. i think bitten nails look unproffesional but I cant stop biting them damn it. I can give up meat but not biting my nails its crazy

Go out more. I work really hard so I need to chill sometimes. Plus i cant last 2 years without a bloke and I live in all female halls

Work hard

Be more confident I want to do an assertiveness course. At the moment I only assert myself if I'm pissed off.
I know the answers in seminars and I feel too intimidated to say anything incase I am wrong and look stupid.

Drive more- I still hate it and I need to be more confident with that too.

Most importantly not to miss opportunities with guys because I am too shy.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Mine this year are.
Keep the nails at a decent length or wear falsies. i think bitten nails look unproffesional but I cant stop biting them damn it. I can give up meat but not biting my nails its crazy

Go out more. I work really hard so I need to chill sometimes. Plus i cant last 2 years without a bloke and I live in all female halls

Work hard

Be more confident I want to do an assertiveness course. At the moment I only assert myself if I'm pissed off.
I know the answers in seminars and I feel too intimidated to say anything incase I am wrong and look stupid.

Drive more- I still hate it and I need to be more confident with that too.

Most importantly not to miss opportunities with guys because I am too shy.
Have you found that university has increased your confidence and assertiveness?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Mine this year are.
Advice buy those bitter nail varnish things, in that way whenever you try to take a bite, the bitterness drives you away.

Not that I know anything about nail varnish or anything... :rolleyes:
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Advice buy those bitter nail varnish things, in that way whenever you try to take a bite, the bitterness drives you away.

hmm 2776, UKL Demigod? is that your status? ive not seen it before.. :confused:
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

i've tried those and they do work, but sometimes any food that touches your fingers also picks up the taste so you end up with revolting sandwiches etc.

i've just had false nails on for about a week + i took them off last night + they have damaged my nails so much, they're even weaker than before... i think i'm going to get proper acrylic ones when i get back from holiday.

lou xxx
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
its new, look at about UKL
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
Yeah d has updated the titles again me thinks.
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
its new, look at about UKL
oh ok, sorry for acting a bit delayed
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well this is my second time at uni, I was shy the first time it hasnt really changed. I'm more independant but I'm naturally quite introverted I keep myself to myself and I'm not that good in big groups of people. I think its an only child thing.

As for the nail varnish I actually get to like the taste of stop and grow the only thing I can think of is to put false nails on top.
ilovecjs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine are gonna be:
1) Make a website
2) Stop biting my nails
3) Stop cracking my knuckles
4) Stop eating so much sherbet
5) Don't put so much sugar in my tea (3 spoonfuls!)
6) Go to sleep earlier
7) Don't watch so much TV
8) Don't EVER watch repeats on TV
9) Finish my scrap book
10) Get my films developed (Is that how you spell it? Yeah.)
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To do and say exactly what I think.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
THEY ARE SUCH A WASTE!

You might as well start sticking by them this very instant if you are going to take them seriously. People who say they aren't going to bite their nails and bite them all of of New Years Eve haven't got a clue.

Adam
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1) Lose a bit of weight, I know it will be better for me in the long run and i'll feel better about myself (not too much though)
2)Work a bit harder on my attendance
3)Pay more attention to bands that haven't been around for like a couple of years, for example I have recently started getting very into No Doubt who have been around nearly as long as I have
4) Save money for University, STOP SPENDING IT ALL
5)Try to be a generally nicer person
6)Sleep better

see realistic, no giving up smoking or drinking...if you want to stop doing something bad, start small and then build it up it doesn't seem like so much of a struggle then.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
oh ok, sorry for acting a bit delayed
No, it only came into force today,
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads