The most expensive house in the world... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that looks great!!!

ReputationRep:
    As they've put the car in the picture, surely the car is thrown in as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicgate)

i think it would cost too much to maintain. i think sky news say 500 000 each year. and with all the staff it wouldnt be very private anymore
    it actually said it was 500 000 per month, oh and the car im sure whoever buys this house could pay for that car with spare change just lying around.

to be honest if everybody on this forum and there families sold all they own we probly still wouldnt be able to buy and maintain this house.

ReputationRep:
    Ugly and pretentious. If i had the money, i wouldn't build / buy a house like that

ReputationRep:
    I am confused if somebody had that much money to spend you think they just design their own house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I am confused if somebody had that much money to spend you think they just design their own house.
    ideal for a lazy billionaire then?

ReputationRep:
    Well I was watching some show on MTV the other day, and you can buy an island in bahamas for as little as $3 million dollars (thats only about £2 million). That's only for a small one mind you, but you can buy a biggish one for about $30 million (about £20 million) I'd rather have one of these islands than this house any day!!

ReputationRep:
    the nature of the bahanina islands mean that a reasonably big wave would wash them away...so its hardly a long term investment, so you would have to spend a fortune stopping it sliding into the sea...

ReputationRep:
    Well there were also some man made islands, I can't remember where they were, but they were in the process of being built (to be finished in 2008). They cost between $20mil and $60mil, depending how big you want your island, and they were being built in the shape of the world. And being man made, there was less risk of them being swept away by a wave.

ReputationRep:
    yea - i've heard about that one too...not so sure where it is though...
    I heard a rumour that elton john bought britain - any one else heard that? (i might have heard it on the now show, so that doesn't fill me with confidence!)

ReputationRep:
    If I was rich I would buy this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

That way I can still stay in Manchester

Or though I would much prefer this at half a million less

ReputationRep:
    I am sure for a few million I could have the penthouse in this

ReputationRep:
    i would prefer it at a million and a half less myself...wouldn't mind getting paid to live in somewhere like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    i would prefer it at a million and a half less myself...wouldn't mind getting paid to live in somewhere like that...
    Damn I had meant to post a mansion at £1 million but missed the link. I am off out now anyway.

Or £200,000 would buy me a 2 bed terrace with room for a single bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    yea - i've heard about that one too...not so sure where it is though...
    I heard a rumour that elton john bought britain - any one else heard that? (i might have heard it on the now show, so that doesn't fill me with confidence!)
    Just googled it and its off the coast of Dubai. (I knew it was off the coast of somewhere lol)
    Here's a pic:
    http://guide.theemiratesnetwork.com/...orld_dubai.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    If I was rich I would buy this

That way I can still stay in Manchester

Or though I would much prefer this at half a million less

Thats the nearest mansion to me.

ReputationRep:
    All you need is a Segway and you're set!

ReputationRep:
    Damn that house is good and Top Notch, all you who say otherwise are jeolous that you can't own one. :cool: :bandit:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.