The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I see, then Spode, baldsoup, that the school, offers many of the books that i need, and if its necessary for me to buy them ill wait till i actually start the course, thanks for all your comments and advises,

"For the sciences, the school offers these revision guides:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...6333278-2205431"

I see so they use Neuss, thats great,

Thanks,
Sadia
Reply 21
Sorry, just read my post and realised that it might've been slightly misleading when I said 'the school offers' - I meant they sell (at I think a slightly discounted price - not sure). The school encourages you to buy them 'cos some of the Science teachers like using them in lessons
Reply 22
LOL, okay thanks for the useful information! Baldsoup
Reply 23
just a small remark... don't just use Geoff Neuss's Chemistry ... it's only a study guide!! my teacher only uses those books in chem. and physics class and doesn't add much of explanation so i'm gonna have to study quite some things on my own now :s: ... hope i'll find a good book and make myself work :p:
biology---campbell, third edition

history---a short guide to writing about history (can be found on amazon)

english---a short guide to writing about literature (amazon as usual)

math---calculus demystefied, the complete idiot's guide to calculus
Reply 25
I think the Oxford study guides are good- i know the English and Math ones are. My teacher told us the Allot isnt good enough for Biology higher level- is that true?
Reply 26
Not true. Doing HL, and Allott is great. I've looked at past HL Bio papers, and they're pretty predictable; nothing out of the ordinary.
Reply 27
OK thanks
Reply 28
Though, I should note: It IS great, but you have to understand everything being said. If you don't, then you could be in real trouble. What I mean, is that it is not like Campbells, where if you don't understand something, you can skip it - and hope it won't be in the syllabus. Everything written is in the syllabus, and must be understood.

Latest

Trending

Trending