Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok..so i need 420/600 (AQA) uniform marks to get a grade B at A Level media, but after adding up my grades from all my As modules my overall unirform mark was 239/300 (1 mark off an A overall).
    I want to know if:

the max uniform mark for a B grade at A level - my actual uniform AS mark = the remaining marks i have to get to get a B overall

i.e 600-239=361

360 is the max uniform mark for a grade C at A level, so if i get 361 marks from my A2 modules will i get a grade B overall??

sorry if that is too complicated!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you need a B and a B at A-level is 420/600, 420 minus the 239 you already have from AS leaves 181, so that's what you need to get (low C) from your A2 modules to get an overall B in the full A-level. Hope that clears it up

ReputationRep:
    so i was right then? if i get a C i'll get my grade? *still confused*

ReputationRep:
    You need, overall: 420
    You have, already: 239
    So from your A2, you need: 181

181 out of 300 is, as has been pointed out, a low C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    so i was right then? if i get a C i'll get my grade? *still confused*
    Yep, if you get 1 over the minimum mark for a C you'll get your B overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    If you need a B and a B at A-level is 420/600, 420 minus the 239 you already have from AS leaves 181, so that's what you need to get (low C) from your A2 modules to get an overall B in the full A-level. Hope that clears it up
    You have changed your signature kellywood_5... cool!!! You will have to posts your 4 A grades soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Yep, if you get 1 over the minimum mark for a C you'll get your B overall
    minimum mark for a C is 360
    1 mark over this is 361 = C

420 = B

you have already 239

you need 181 out of 300 in your A2 for a B overall

ReputationRep:
    I finished AS English Lang & Lit at one mark off a B

At the end of A2 I had 429 points and got a B. I got a D or C (crap grades) for the first two A2 exams (LITERATURE ARRGH) then I got an A (111/120) on the last exam, the language exam.

So yeah it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    You have changed your signature kellywood_5... cool!!! You will have to posts your 4 A grades soon!
    Yeah, I got really bored, so I thought I'd experiment with fonts and colours Lol well I hope so, but I'll find out in less than 11 days.....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.