In which part of the Uk should someone live?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Yeah, it is a few small villages, but prices really went up during the national rise.
Yes, I can see that! Tahts way more than what we pay over here. And I consider the place pretty good.
meepmeep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Indeed, some parts of london were declared the worst in europe, matching bulgaria for quality, though when you go through some (not all) parts of leeds i think the sentiment can be shared.
The north of Leeds is prosperous, but the south isn't as well off. Indeed, if you're looking for somewhere more countryside-ish and full of posh types (not my kind of fun) then Harrogate ain't bad supposedly.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
The north of Leeds is prosperous, but the south isn't as well off. Indeed, if you're looking for somewhere more countryside-ish and full of posh types (not my kind of fun) then Harrogate ain't bad supposedly.
Quite a few of my relatives live in Harrogate/Knaresborough

We don't all live in posh places and we aren't rich
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
Yes, Harrogate, the place for toffs.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Harrogate, york, minor parts of ripon, its all going on round there
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FurbyMaX)
Hey,

I've gone to England twice this year (stayed at my uncle's house in South Croydon to be exact), and was positevely impressed.

If say, someone had 300,000+ pounds to spend on a Property, and wanted a villa (a house on a private land, "detached"?), in a nice neighborhood (with other properties close by, not far away), in a nice town/area (For example South Croydon, in Surrey? Is it Surrey? ), and the house needs to be modern, not those ugly (sorry could not resist ) 1800's houses.

Where would you suggest me to live? In which area? You fellow residents of the UK should have some interesting opinions, so bring it on
Some areas of Croydon are nice, maybe a bit further south, but still in the M25 would be better.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Quite a few of my relatives live in Harrogate/Knaresborough

We don't all live in posh places and we aren't rich
Yeah, my cousin lives that way and isn't anywhere near rich, but who am I to ruin a stereotype?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
South Manchester is quite expensive, even in Moss Side which is a very rough area 3 bed terraces cost £100,000. Where I live its about £200,000 for the same house and in Didsbury you are looking at £300,000.

Apartments are also very expensive. The faclilities are as good as anywhere down south.
Chima
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FurbyMaX)
Hey,

I've gone to England twice this year (stayed at my uncle's house in South Croydon to be exact), and was positevely impressed.

If say, someone had 300,000+ pounds to spend on a Property, and wanted a villa (a house on a private land, "detached"?), in a nice neighborhood (with other properties close by, not far away), in a nice town/area (For example South Croydon, in Surrey? Is it Surrey? ), and the house needs to be modern, not those ugly (sorry could not resist ) 1800's houses.

Where would you suggest me to live? In which area? You fellow residents of the UK should have some interesting opinions, so bring it on
HACKNEY, East London
fayzd
Report 16 years ago
Henley-on-Thames, and its surrounding areas are really nice. I think its the most expensive place outside London, but don't let that put you off. Most people want houses with character, so a new place shouldnt be too much. If you looked near to Henley, you could probably find something.

Winchester is lovely and would be less expensive.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Grantchester, Cambridgeshire!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alwoodly, Leeds!
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Southend on Sea is nice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
TINNEY
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Alwoodly, Leeds!
2776, YOU LIVE IN LEEDS!

I LIVE IN LEEDS!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i live in guildford and exeter at the moment and i like them both
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i live in birkenhead in my mansion
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TINNEY)
2776, YOU LIVE IN LEEDS!

I LIVE IN LEEDS!
Jesus Christ...
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Jesus Christ...
he dont come on this forum
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
he dont come on this forum
How do you know? In fact there is a member under that name...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
How do you know? In fact there is a member under that name...
Umm.... your post rate is near 90 PER DAY!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads