what makes a man? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*screams* this is a westlife song, my edited version:
"tell me what makes a man, I wanna give you all my heart, smile when you're around, and cry when you're apart, if you know what makes a man, wanna love you the way I do, Shane you gotta let me know, so I can get over you."
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
*screams* this is a westlife song, my edited version:
"tell me what makes a man, I wanna give you all my heart, smile when you're around, and cry when you're apart, if you know what makes a man, wanna love you the way I do, Shane you gotta let me know, so I can get over you."
lol.. i thought that too!!

well.. not the shane thing... :p:
(nicky is way hotter)
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Annik)
*sings westlife*

:rolleyes:
beat me to it, lol :p:
Annik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
beat me to it, lol :p:
i used to be pretty damn obsessed!!
A0307
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lauren)
It's all in the maturity. Although all men will still get excited about toy cars and will always play that stupid ball-catching/diving/bombing game in swimming pools.
Not referring to any specific examples, but who's to decide such things are "immature"?!

(Incidently, toy cars are cool, provided they're fitted with a petrol engine)
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Annik)
i used to be pretty damn obsessed!!
:eek: You are my new best friend.
ooo I want myself abit of shnicky.
se77en
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
power and respect
Sami C
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Here is my humble opinion on what makes a man:

It's the ability to make a girl's heart race with just your words. It's the ability to create passion and longing with a simple caress. It's the ability to learn from your mistakes. It's your ability to do your duty, but still be able to break the rules. It's the ability to follow what you believe in, but not at the expense of those close to you. It's the ability to brighten someone's day by doing something simple, and not wanting anything in return. It's the ability to realise that other people exist with problems, and that you are not the centre of the universe. It's that feeling you get when you wake up and finally understand that you are doing something that really matters, and that by doing it, you are helping other people be happy, while at the same time making yourself feel the happiest person in the world.

It's all these things and more. But most importantly, becoming a man is the ability to be selfless, and only when you understand this will you all be truly happy. My two cents.
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sami C)

It's the ability to make a girl's heart race with just your words. It's the ability to create passion and longing with a simple caress. It's the ability to learn from your mistakes. It's your ability to do your duty, but still be able to break the rules. It's the ability to follow what you believe in, but not at the expense of those close to you. It's the ability to brighten someone's day by doing something simple, and not wanting anything in return. It's the ability to realise that other people exist with problems, and that you are not the centre of the universe. It's that feeling you get when you wake up and finally understand that you are doing something that really matters, and that by doing it, you are helping other people be happy, while at the same time making yourself feel the happiest person in the world.

It's all these things and more. But most importantly, becoming a man is the ability to be selfless, and only when you understand this will you all be truly happy. My two cents.
That looks strangely similar to my definition of "cheesy"
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Um...a penis?

Also, someone who doesnt need to use violence to make himself feel bigger and better (unless they are put in a position where they need to) and knows how to treat women with respect.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Carbon, mostly.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Let's face it, real men only fight, drink and eat pies.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

:puke:
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Let's face it, real men only fight, drink and eat cheesecake.
Edited for truth
wanderer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

So if thats what a man is, what are the rest of us?
-TMG-
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"Only good, hard lovin can make a man"

Richie said it so it must be true.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not really H&R, will do better here.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
tell me what makes a man....*sings*
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What makes a man?

God :confused:
Sami C
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So if thats what a man is, what are the rest of us?
Boys....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads