Is Maths AS and A2 possible in a year?

Watch this thread
username368993
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm considering it for year 13, is it possible if I study the As stuff over summer???
DJ AgnieszkaA
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
you will have a **** summer.
but yes its entirely possible.
its not that hard.
yellowlolly
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Yes, is possible - i'm doing AS and A2 in year 12. it is hard work, but is worth it to know you can get it out of the way in one year.
Good luck =)
Adnis&Disaster_lover
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
It's definitely possible! I'm doing Maths and Further Maths and i'm in year 13. I did ALL the Maths modules in the first year - C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1 and i got an A* overall (we're going to resubmit the marks to get the A*).
In the beginning, i kinda sucked :/ but then once i got it and kept practising the papers, it turned out to be pretty good
I'd advise getting a headstart in the summer though. Did you do any maths in year 12? If not, then yeah definitely get a headstart. It's not impossible Just practise.
Good Luck!!
username368993
Rep:
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok, in that case I definitely will - without ruining my summer too much. Surely its not THAT easy though, or are you all gifted mathematicians? Thats pretty impressive by the way ^^
amani-puresapphire
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Its not possible but you have to be committed! I know someone who is doing this as well as AS + physics and 4 other alevels.
F.I
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Go for it, im planning on doing all of Further Maths next year
amani-puresapphire
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
It's not easy unless you practice practice practice then its not entirely bad. I suck at it but when i put my head to it and practice, its less daunting. The more questions i do the easier it becomes. Some people do find it not as challenging but im normal you see
Farseer
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Possible but not easy
Progashman
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Adnis&Disaster_lover)
It's definitely possible! I'm doing Maths and Further Maths and i'm in year 13. I did ALL the Maths modules in the first year - C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1 and i got an A* overall (we're going to resubmit the marks to get the A*).
In the beginning, i kinda sucked :/ but then once i got it and kept practising the papers, it turned out to be pretty good
I'd advise getting a headstart in the summer though. Did you do any maths in year 12? If not, then yeah definitely get a headstart. It's not impossible Just practise.
Good Luck!!
People like you make me feel ******ed. I'm struggling with just maths over 2 years and I got a B at AS
taheki
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I hope so because I'm doing it. Getting C1 and C2 results next Thursday; sitting C3, C4, S1 and M1 in June.
Harry-AA
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
considering maths AS would be easy in about 3 months, most probably.
w04andia
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
yep, possible
OfficerJR
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Adnis&Disaster_lover)
Good Luck!!

People like you are cool.

You inspire other people.

Like me. : )
bill-e
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Yea very doable. If your good at maths then you won't find C1 and C2 a problem. If you decide to take M1 you might be taking a risk as it tends to be one of those topics which you either get or you dont, but after you do D1 which is ****. the slightly safer, more dull, option is the S1 and S2, which you wont strugle with either but just is time consuming. C3 and more importantly C4 are the ones to watch out for :P
Adnis&Disaster_lover
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Progashman)
People like you make me feel ******ed. I'm struggling with just maths over 2 years and I got a B at AS

I'm sorry :/ The teachers were a ***** though and basically kept telling us we were dumb and if we did badly we'd be dropped and stuff... so yeah that made me practise. BUUUT... im failing in further maths right now if that makes you feel better? lol hopefully it'll all clear up before the exams xxxxx
Adnis&Disaster_lover
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by OfficerJR)
People like you are cool.

You inspire other people.

Like me. : )
Aaaww thankl you!! That's so nice <3 Good luck with whatever you're doing xxxxx
I_Lost_The_Game
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
if your good at it, then easily. IF not, then still possible
Adnis&Disaster_lover
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Thank you
No it wasn't easy, but like i said, just keep doing the papers. It WILL click at some point and the relief you'll get from that will make it all worthwhile (haha how cheesy do i sound lol) but i mean it It also helps if you have someone to help you. In my case, my maths class helped each other out (as well as the teachers), but in your case, you have TSR
Good Luck! xxxxx
Last edited by RK; 2 years ago
*MJ*
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Perfectly possible if you put the work in.

I can't emphasise the put the work in part but definately possible!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads