Turn on thread page Beta

Are CAM responses due from now?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    That's too bad. But you could easily blag your way into Ruskin! Just dress like a tramp and speak with a verrrrrry Northern accent. Works for the rest of us.

Which uni do you fancy going to now? Or will you reapply next year for Cambridge?

(Fun trivia fact - my first name is Alexander.)

a.
    lol so your alumnus John Prescott is typical? I am thinking about reapplying to Cambridge, but I haven't decided. Otherwise Edinburgh, Bristol, or Durham.

How are you finding Headington? I don't expect you to say anything nice about it, although I've thought Ruskin and Old Headington rather pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the bit I am in is nice. It's a five minute walk from the shops and is quite out of the way, really. The local pub, The White Hart, is very nice and friendly (but not cheap at £2.65 a pint) and it has FREE wireless internet access so I can go there with my laptop and get some work done in the afternoon.

Bad things include having to get on the same buses as people going to Brookes (I really need to get a College scarf as soon as possible), the terrible food, no internet access in our rooms, no nearby cinemas and getting lost in the graveyard on the way home at stupid o clock.

a.

ReputationRep:
    oo jus had a brain wave - (they occur very sporadically!) the pub I went to during Ox interviews was the Kings Arms - didn't seem very student friendly??!!

ReputationRep:
    yes the White Hart's nice.... my mother did a webpage on its history (she's into that kinda thing) http://www.headington.org.uk/history.../whitehart.htm -- I wonder if a modern-day Joan of Headington would be successful?

Brookes people aren't that bad though...are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    oo jus had a brain wave - (they occur very sporadically!) the pub I went to during Ox interviews was the Kings Arms - didn't seem very student friendly??!!
    It is mainly a student pub though, and has a slight reputation for keeping its beer badly.

ReputationRep:
    oh ok - mayby they were a bit off coz most of us were under age ! lol the manager came out and was like shouting "id them all", bit of flirting with the barman tho - sorted :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    oh ok - mayby they were a bit off coz most of us were under age ! lol the manager came out and was like shouting "id them all", bit of flirting with the barman tho - sorted :d
    LOL yes... I found Oxford was alive with interviewees, they all stuck out (17-/18-year-olds looking slightly lost), and when a friend was ID'd the barman sort-of apologised (he did have genuine ID) and said that there were a lot of underage interviewees....

ReputationRep:
    hehe lol, yer well you were 17 once - i must add it is the most ANNOYING age, especially when all of your mates are allready 18+ grrrrrr!!! o well only 3 months to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    yes the White Hart's nice.... my mother did a webpage on its history (she's into that kinda thing) http://www.headington.org.uk/history.../whitehart.htm -- I wonder if a modern-day Joan of Headington would be successful?

Brookes people aren't that bad though...are they?
    WOW! The world is SO SMALL! Did your mother also do this page http://www.headington.org.uk/history...gs/rookery.htm ? I actually looked at that to get more info on Ruskin before I moved in. Please send her my very best New Year wishes!

I don't live in the old building, thank God. I live in one of the little chalets in the gardens.

Brookes are okay but...erm...

a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    WOW! The world is SO SMALL! Did your mother also do this page http://www.headington.org.uk/history...gs/rookery.htm ? I actually looked at that to get more info on Ruskin before I moved in. Please send her my very best New Year wishes!

I don't live in the old building, thank God. I live in one of the little chalets in the gardens.

Brookes are okay but...erm...

a.
    Yeah she did the entire http://www.headington.org.uk/ site, it's her main hobby -- it is a small world, but then again more people than you'd expect look at my mother's site, considering how initially-uninteresting Headington seems. I will tell her that you found it interesting.

What's wrong with the old building?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    What's wrong with the old building?
    The student rooms are on the top floor and the floors are VERY squeaky. The windows are a bit crap and the shared kitchen stinks of poo.

a.

ReputationRep:
    ah, I see

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.