The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm not sure that i know the one you mean, but i bet that there are worse.

for example, ANY advert that is trying to sell windows. particularly the one with the man who shouts "I SAID, YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE!" over and over.

also, adverts for personal injury claims. "i fell over... and thought i'd blame someone." although it's not the advert itself that annoys me, more the premise upon which it is based.

still, the zafira advert does sound irritating.
Reply 2
NAH! I think its quite clever, not in the least bit funny and not a very 'manly' advert considering its supposed to be aimed at a male audience, but some marketing graduate worked his socks off for that add, so show some appreciation! lol.
Reply 3
the jamster ringtone ads. There on every other ep and they get so annoying. I also hate the safestyle windows ad.
Reply 4
I hate the M&S add with the women saying 'these are not just berries...'

30,000 people starve to death every week in Africa alone and we have to have the 'finest hand picked berries' makes me sick
Reply 5
oh i hate them too. the kids really annoy me.

i hate the pi helpline one. the one with the scary man and the "PI helpliiiiiine- let us take the pain- for your claim" jingle.

and the trafford centre "don't stop me now" one. and the one for Park: saving with Park for christmas 2006??? who thinks that far ahead? actually, i hate any ad that uses a Queen song. i like queen but its too much.
Reply 6
I love that car ad! With the little kids like, 'It's got satellite navigation, sunroof...' and looking at their parents acting stupid, and saying, 'They've have a tiring day, bless 'em' type stuff! It's rather amusante!

I hate the PI one as well - and all those, 'I tripped over my shoelace at work and decided to screw over my employer' ones. They're so cheaply done.

But, 'You buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free!' has to be one of the greatest adverts ever! That's proper Yorkshire cheapness, that is!
Reply 7
I jsut hate the advert. what 9/10 year old kid says "fancy a butchers" or whatever it is he says. :mad: It is just not normal at all :frown:
Reply 8
LPK
I jsut hate the advert. what 9/10 year old kid says "fancy a butchers" or whatever it is he says. :mad: It is just not normal at all :frown:

That's the point in it - which 9/10 year old kids would get their mates around into their car to show them sat nav and sunroofs? :rolleyes:

The fact that we've had a discussion about the advert means that it has been successful - adverts don't have to be liked, they just have to be memorable. "That Vauxhall Zafira advert" - well you've just managed to remember the make and model of a new car....they've got to you! :p:

Anyway I love the advert, I think it was thought through really well :smile:

The BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE! One is great too, love it! :biggrin:

All the injury claims ones and the loan ones ("CCJs? No equity? Poor credit history? Unemployed? NEVER MIND! We'll take all of your loans and put them in one big sum so you only pay £5 a month for the rest of your life so you end up paying £5,000 more than you would have") really piss me off!! :mad: :rolleyes:
Reply 9
I don't think it's meant to be aimed at a male audience to be honest. It's a family car, so more likely it's aimed at a growing family. *shrugs*

I think it's quite clever to be honest. Liked the old one better though.
Reply 10
the new ford advert annoys me more - that one where the test driver flashes back to a 70 style walk through the woods or something
that music is unbearable
Reply 11
LPK
OMG, That advert annoys me so much. With them acting kids acting like adults. The advert is just so so crap, and pointless. 1 of the worst adverts i have seen lately! :frown:

Oh dear.

I thought this was going to be a thread about how brilliant that advert is. I love it - makes me laugh every time. It's when he says "someone's doing all right..."

:biggrin:
Reply 12
Any ringtone advert.

Andrew
Reply 13
Zafira advert is Innovative.

Better than Maxda's Zoom bloody Zoom advert!

I like the Kia one at the moment that reminds me of when Homer kept running up to the vehicle only for the driver to put foot to pedal again.
Reply 14
I disagree completey. I think its a brilliant advert and really funny.

But then again, my famly is known for its werid sence of humour.
It's funny in an irritating kind of way. It's also satirical in that it shows how adults talk behind each others' backs ("someone's doing alright" etc). The fact is that it takes a normal situation and turns it on its head by giving the kids the adults' roles and vice versa. As such it is pretty memorable and even has a thread devoted to it on TSR thanks to you LPK. :wink: Do you think Jamster would have sold so many ringtones if the Crazy Frog wasn't so ****ing annoying?
Glory
the jamster ringtone ads. There on every other ep and they get so annoying.

Trust me, when you see the adverts in Germany (www.jamba.de) you'll find a new fondness for Jamster ones...

But hey, they're making loads. What do they care?
I hate that advert, if I saw those kids in real life talking like that, I would most certainly push them over, get in their car and run over their faces several times.
Reply 18
HearTheThunder
I hate that advert, if I saw those kids in real life talking like that, I would most certainly push them over, get in their car and run over their faces several times.

:congrats:
Reply 19
LPK
OMG, That advert annoys me so much. With them acting kids acting like adults. The advert is just so so crap, and pointless. 1 of the worst adverts i have seen lately! :frown:

As if it wasn't annoying enough. I am now having a heated argument with my housemate about what the kids at the end are saying, right after the parents drop the boxes.

Perhaps you can help us resolve our dispute. Are they saying:

a) "Oh, they're tired"

or

b) "Overtired"

If you guys can't help I'm going to have to track down the person who wrote the ad...

Nic

Latest