Turn on thread page Beta

Old Threads: Please Check Dates Before Replying watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Do you have certain criteria in deciding whether to delete a thread/post or is it down to your common sense?
    I get the strangest feeling you're about to point out an oversight or a little hastiness somewhere ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I get the strangest feeling...
    No thats just a lap dancer touching you,,,

ReputationRep:
    lol, no i think the moderators do a good job. Just wondering if there was a guideline to follow that's all.
    I wouldn't have complained if you had pointed out something I've missed.

It is at the moderators discretion. Very much depends how much patience a mod has as to whether a whole lot of replies on a bumped thread goes, or whether the entire thread disappears.

That patience varies a little between the moderation team, and also dependant on what sort of day they've had.

ReputationRep:
    Some people seem very concerned about their valuable post count when a thread gets deleted. It's not exactly the end of the world if something gets deleted by mistake or gets missed, quite surprised by some of the reactions on here.
    yes, however most mods arent trigger happy...edders can get that way sometimes though!

ReputationRep:
    If thats a threat youth, then I'll get rid of you at the same time.
    How is that a threat?
    It is merely a relevant observation. Are mods dealing with their own inadequacies by banning people, now?

... how fascist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    How is that a threat?
    It is merely a relevant observation. Are mods dealing with their own inadequacies by banning people, now?

... how fascist.
    It actually appeared to be a threat.

Ie That you would only follow the request to stop boosting ancient threads if the mod team were more careful.

Ample warning - if you followed a similar route to TINNEY - boosting threads for the purpose of causing trouble to the board - then you would follow the same route of TINNEY off the board.

ReputationRep:
    It actually appeared to be a threat.

Ie That you would only follow the request to stop boosting ancient threads if the mod team were more careful.

Ample warning - if you followed a similar route to TINNEY - boosting threads for the purpose of causing trouble to the board - then you would follow the same route of TINNEY off the board.
    Point taken. I just wanted to smoothly incorporate my point, to the thread.

I can't see me going mental and dragging up old threads.

ReputationRep:
    Point taken. I just wanted to smoothly incorporate my point, to the thread.
    Ah good. Tis what a forum is for. And yes threads do go missing by mistake occasionally.

I can't see me going mental and dragging up old threads.
    Also good. Ensure it continues as such !

ReputationRep:
    Recently we have seen an increase in the number of threads which have been brought back up the board from around July, August time - when the thread is effectively dead, and it would be more effective to start a new one.

When these threads appear, after being bumped back up, can I please urge other members not to go straight to replying to the most recent reply, but indeed check the date (and relevence) of the thread.

Things such as "What were your GCSE results?" were clearly for in and around August 21st 2003, and have little purpose now.

Key give aways folks, are threads which say they have been started by Unregistered (!).

Lets use a little bit of common sense please.

Our jobs are already difficult enough.

Expression
    On behalf of the Moderation Team
    Difficult enough? Threads from a few months ago would seem to me to be still relevant. It's not that long ago, although I'm sure there are some threads which would seem pointless to bring back.

So I don't understand the problem; although I am not one to do this, but I see no reason why other people can't. Google picks out threads from the website, and these threads can be very old. Be happy old threads are brought back. It means more people, more discussion, and more of the purpose of the site I would think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    rep isnt important, i just want you not to assume that because you cant see what a mod is doing, it does not mean that they arnt doing anything.

yes expression was dealing with tinney...but that does not mean that ollie was doing nothing
    thanks for sticking up for me kt! us ex students stick together!

yes, i deleted 2 threads when they appeared, then all was quiet for a while so i went, the system leaves you on for 15 mins (as you wouuld have seen if you had checked) but i wasnt there.

so basically i wasn't prancing about.

i was in bed. if i was here i would have deleted it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    thanks for sticking up for me kt! us ex students stick together!
    anytime!

thou i did like the original reply

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    anytime!

thou i did like the original reply

love Katy ***
    thought u might, but i thought others might not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    thought u might, but i thought others might not!
    was 2776 demonstrating? i couldnt anywhere.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    was 2776 demonstrating? i couldnt anywhere.....
    No I wasnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    No I wasnt
    Gawd this boy is about to hit 4000, and so quickly too. Uhmm, just how many posts must one put up to gain the title UKL Demigod?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Gawd this boy is about to hit 4000, and so quickly too. Uhmm, just how many posts must one put up to gain the title UKL Demigod?
    You need 3,500 for UKL Demigod.

2776 has averaged over 91 posts per day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You need 3,500 for UKL Demigod.

2776 has averaged over 91 posts per day!
    thats sad, especially since he was down at around 40 posts a day when he started this thing. a rough calculation says that he has been averaging some 300 posts a day to bring his all over average up to 91. Even I was never that bad, though I still hold the highest I think at 95.56. One of my sadder times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    thats sad, especially since he was down at around 40 posts a day when he started this thing. a rough calculation says that he has been averaging some 300 posts a day to bring his all over average up to 91. Even I was never that bad, though I still hold the highest I think at 95.56. One of my sadder times
    When I joined my post counts averaged around 40 a day and that was by far the highest post count, now that seems about average.

ReputationRep:
    My average post count is 15 per day and I thought I posted a lot! 90 a day is just sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    My average post count is 15 per day and I thought I posted a lot! 90 a day is just sad.
    Heh, sad?

Really? Says you on UKL.

Got a lot of time to kill. Anyway, trying to bring up post count before the exams and school time, cause then my post count will drop to about 20/day.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.