The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nurse207
Because they probably dont want to lose their jobs. They want to get better and believe that maybe on a lower dose they can still get better after a while and not experience such horrible side effects.

Sigh.

I'm sorry, but you're either trolling or you're quite ill.

Either way, this debate is futile. Please don't go into MH nursing until you either abandon these silly attitudes or have recovered.
GodspeedGehenna

Most definitely the latter.
Reply 62
waterinabottle
8. DO THE DRUGS WORK, AND FOR HOW LONG?

The big question for people with the diagnosis of schizophrenia is do the drugs really work and, if so, how long do you need to keep taking them for?

Studies in over 5600 people who had been in hospital and had their symptoms controlled by drugs and then been discharged have now shown that:

In the first six months, four times as many people become ill again on no antipsychotics compared to people taking antipsychotics
If antipsychotics are stopped, after two years there is about a one in three chance of remaining well. Not everyone becomes ill again but we don't yet know who the lucky one in three would be
To put this another way, if you do not take antipsychotics regularly, after two years there is a two in three chance of becoming ill again and needed to go back into hospital
Only one in five people who take no antipsychotics is still well after three years
If you stop your antipsychotic after you have got better, you are five times as likely to have to go back into hospital again within three years
If you stop antipsychotics and become ill again within a couple of years, you are likely to end up taking more drugs than if you had kept going
We do not know for certain what happens after three years. Many people may be advised to carry on with an antipsychotic for longer but that is decision for you and your doctor to make.

Source: http://www.nmhct.nhs.uk/pharmacy/moa-neur.htm

people who are readmitted can be readmitted for silly things like irrational behaiour and are then dubbed to be unwell again.

as i said previously, some people just want the money and the only way to do that i think, dont quote me on this, is if they are put on a section. Did you know that 80% of people with schizophrenia remain unemployed?

therefore those who continue to take meds or claim to already have a little lodging somewhere and dont need to go into hospital again.
Reply 63
GodspeedGehenna
Sigh.

Either way, this debate is futile. Please don't go into MH nursing until you either abandon these silly attitudes or have recovered.

I gave an explanation. You couldnt accept it. So you irrationally concluded that I am ill.

Congratulations you ****ing retard

EDIT: Please dont become a psychologist because you clearly do not even know how to think yourself let alone understand how other people think
nurse207
people who are readmitted can be readmitted for silly things like irrational behaiour and are then dubbed to be unwell again.

as i said previously, some people just want the money and the only way to do that i think, dont quote me on this, is if they are put on a section. Did you know that 80% of people with schizophrenia remain unemployed?

therefore those who continue to take meds or claim to already have a little lodging somewhere and dont need to go into hospital again.

Irrational behaviour is not silly. It is a representation of a person's thought processes. And anyway, I am done with this thread. As godspeedgehenna said, lose the attitude and try to make yourself well again. Best of luck.
Thread closed as this has been posted before by the OP http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=24007229#post24007229

Latest

Trending

Trending