Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    What is a mosher and IMO you have to stereotype people as otherwise you cannot distinguish them. Goth girls tend not to be fit IMO.
    Mosher... well I guess I'd say that's someone who moshes. Probably into metal.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Its probably a good thing that you don't find them attractive- almost everyone I know does, and if *everyone* thought they were fit, then the poor girls would be mobbed.

I don't think you do have to stereotype people to distinguish them. For example, on this forum, you don't know which people would fit into which stereotypes, because for the most part, you can't see them. But you still manage to distinguish between people, huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Mosher... well I guess I'd say that's someone who moshes. Probably into metal.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Its probably a good thing that you don't find them attractive- almost everyone I know does, and if *everyone* thought they were fit, then the poor girls would be mobbed.

I don't think you do have to stereotype people to distinguish them. For example, on this forum, you don't know which people would fit into which stereotypes, because for the most part, you can't see them. But you still manage to distinguish between people, huh?
    true, but in terms of looks, you would. In london, moshers tend to merge into the same category as goths and/or skaters. I dont know, they just dont do it for me, probably cos i like curvy cute girls and most the goths I know are angular and reasonably thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    true, but in terms of looks, you would. In london, moshers tend to merge into the same category as goths and/or skaters. I dont know, they just dont do it for me, probably cos i like curvy cute girls and most the goths I know are angular and reasonably thin.
    lol.....thats pretty funni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    lol.....thats pretty funni!
    what is, my taste in girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    In london, moshers tend to merge into the same category as goths and/or skaters. I dont know, they just dont do it for me, probably cos i like curvy cute girls and most the goths I know are angular and reasonably thin.
    Lol! Talk about generalisations!

All you are saying if you say it all merges into one, is that you consider all alternative culture to be the same. There are differences... but the fact is, there are no solid definitions anyway, so the labels are meaningless. Which is what I was trying to say in the beginning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Lol! Talk about generalisations!

All you are saying if you say it all merges into one, is that you consider all alternative culture to be the same. There are differences... but the fact is, there are no solid definitions anyway, so the labels are meaningless. Which is what I was trying to say in the beginning...
    no what i was saying is that in london there is not much really a mosher group, they tend to be spread among the skaters and the goths. Which are in themselves awful generalisations, but will do.LAbels are meaningless, but it makes people comfortable being able to identify themselves and those different from themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    LAbels are meaningless, but it makes people comfortable being able to identify themselves and those different from themselves.
    Just out of interest, what would you identify yourself as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayzd)
    Just out of interest, what would you identify yourself as?
    i dunno, i was thinking about that same question, in america, probably preppy, but we do not really have an equivalent class in england. Normal , which is a completely abstract POV anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    i dunno, i was thinking about that same question, in america, probably preppy, but we do not really have an equivalent class in england. Normal , which is a completely abstract POV anyway.
    im a preppy kiddo.....tons of smiles!

ReputationRep:
    im a preppy kiddo.....tons of smiles!
    whey so it is me and you then, oh dear im in trouble.

How would you define preppy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    whey so it is me and you then, oh dear im in trouble.

How would you define preppy
    erm....normal clothes, smily people, care about how they look, play sports, and so on and so forth!

ReputationRep:
    From the Collins English Dictionary:

Goth n. 1. Dateless wonder who doesn't fit in. 2. Person who believes own misguided thoughts. 3. Mr White on UKL Website.

ReputationRep:
    erm....normal clothes, smily people, care about how they look, play sports, and so on and so forth!
    yeah thats me then to a T, dunno about care how i look though so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    yeah thats me then to a T, dunno about care how i look though so much
    you meet the rest of the criteria! yup...i dont care about how i look as much as some...i dont straighten my hair when its already straigh

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.