Turn on thread page Beta

summer 2006 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, summer 2006, will have hopeflly completed my first year at uni...
    I would really like to go and work abroad over the summer, but i would just like to know if this is a good idea.. like is there anything that will stop me or things i would need to do over this period?? Im only thinking of about a month!

thanks vicky xx

ReputationRep:
    this all depends on where you go and what you do...
    i know a lot of arts courses are given reading to do...although this isn't necessarily restrictive.
    Personally doing geology i have to go and do some mapping for 6 weeks at the end of my second year (off 2 italy in 2 weeks ).
    Normally you shouldn't worry tho

ReputationRep:
    it will be geography?? will that restrict me more?

ReputationRep:
    possibly - when you get there talk to some second years and just ask if they do any field work over the summer, otherwise, you will be sorted.
    Alternatively, theres bound to be someone here who does geog at the uni or going to or knows someone who is - so search them out!
    you should really have done geology tho, not geog!

ReputationRep:
    lol, i will have a search.. i will move this to the geography forum i think .. thanks for the help x

ReputationRep:
    anytime
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    To be honest if it's just for a month you should be fine - you're likely to have about 3 months vacation over the summer so you've got plenty of time to do anything you need to for your course. Be careful of resit exam times - make sure you'll be in the country at the appropriate time in case you need to resit any exams.
    Oh, and I'd totally recommend working abroad incidentally. I'm working in the Czech Republic just now and am in my sixth and final week here - gonna miss it loads cos I've had such a fantastic time!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that Jenn.. yea i will av to ask around at uni so i know for sure.. glad youve had a gd time in Czech rep! xx

ReputationRep:
    whichever wimp here doesn't have a sense of humour should really lighten up

ReputationRep:
    what??

ReputationRep:
    sorry vicky - i'm just unhappy that someone decided to neg-rep me because i made that passing comment about geology being better than geography

ReputationRep:
    really?? oh right.. lol. just wondered what you was on about! thought we had said something wrong

ReputationRep:
    no - someone seems to think you are so naive as to be put off your course by a passing comment though.

ReputationRep:
    me??no i ant been put off.. y wud i be??

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i was trying to work out...theres obviously someone else out there who isn't so sure about studying geography who got rattled by my post

ReputationRep:
    oh... how odd.. nevermind ey

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.