The Student Room Group
Reply 1
this all depends on where you go and what you do...
i know a lot of arts courses are given reading to do...although this isn't necessarily restrictive.
Personally doing geology i have to go and do some mapping for 6 weeks at the end of my second year (off 2 italy in 2 weeks :biggrin:).
Normally you shouldn't worry tho :smile:
Reply 2
it will be geography?? will that restrict me more?
Reply 3
possibly - when you get there talk to some second years and just ask if they do any field work over the summer, otherwise, you will be sorted.
Alternatively, theres bound to be someone here who does geog at the uni or going to or knows someone who is - so search them out!
you should really have done geology tho, not geog! :biggrin:
Reply 4
lol, i will have a search.. i will move this to the geography forum i think .. thanks for the help :smile: x
Reply 5
anytime
Reply 6
To be honest if it's just for a month you should be fine - you're likely to have about 3 months vacation over the summer so you've got plenty of time to do anything you need to for your course. Be careful of resit exam times - make sure you'll be in the country at the appropriate time in case you need to resit any exams.
Oh, and I'd totally recommend working abroad incidentally. I'm working in the Czech Republic just now and am in my sixth and final week here - gonna miss it loads cos I've had such a fantastic time!
Jenn xx
Reply 7
thanks for that Jenn.. yea i will av to ask around at uni so i know for sure.. glad youve had a gd time in Czech rep! xx
Reply 8
whichever wimp here doesn't have a sense of humour should really lighten up
Reply 9
what??
Reply 10
sorry vicky - i'm just unhappy that someone decided to neg-rep me because i made that passing comment about geology being better than geography
Reply 11
really?? oh right.. lol. just wondered what you was on about! thought we had said something wrong
Reply 12
no - someone seems to think you are so naive as to be put off your course by a passing comment though.
Reply 13
me??no i ant been put off.. y wud i be??
Reply 14
Thats what i was trying to work out...theres obviously someone else out there who isn't so sure about studying geography who got rattled by my post :smile:
Reply 15
oh... how odd.. nevermind ey :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending