Scroll to see replies

Just applied, horrible that you have to choose 9 choices! lol xx
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 81
gm15
No it isn't. Its a mixed hall - its available to both postgrads and undergrads.

I'm applying now and Penrose Court isn't on the list :confused:

Is this the same for everyone? Shame, because it was the cheapest self-catering one and it takes away from the s-c options :grumble:
I think it must be just for postgraduates! x x
Reply 83
What were everyone's application choices?

I ended up going for:
1. B, T and W- 30 week let
2. B, T and W- 38 week let
3. Runnymede
4. G and W

And then I pretty much just randomly filled in the rest. It seems very strange that we HAD to fill out all nine choices, though.
watchwee
I'm applying now and Penrose Court isn't on the list :confused:

Is this the same for everyone? Shame, because it was the cheapest self-catering one and it takes away from the s-c options :grumble:

I've read some old posts saying it was only for 3rd year UGs.

I need self catered accommodation but also somewhere to put my car. How much of a bad idea is it to just park on some random side street? I've heard the neighbours can kick off.
Reply 85
The neighbours can kick off but they dont own the streets - the council do - and as long as you've got tax etc then you have the right to park on them - no matter what the nieighbours or the university might say!
Reply 86
Can't apply til mid april for me =/ going runnymede II, anyone else going for this? I seem to be the only one :frown:
dmoorcroft
The neighbours can kick off but they dont own the streets - the council do - and as long as you've got tax etc then you have the right to park on them - no matter what the nieighbours or the university might say!

Though be aware that occasionally the neighbours will take matters into their own hands if you're really taking the piss. A student who had parked their car really inconsiderately on Albert Road had their car towed away! To be honest they deserved it - if you're going to park in the local area (and it is difficult), at least park so you're not blocking someone's driveway or double-parking.

Just the other day I saw a student car with an amusing note under the windscreen wipers saying something like 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? I've spoken to you before about parking in front of my driveway and you keep parking here!'

Sure, you are legally entitled to park your car on the surrounding streets, but you have to be aware that space is at a premium and that not everyone will play nice if you park 'in their space' or make it difficult to get their car out.
Reply 88
Sweyn Forkbeard
Though be aware that occasionally the neighbours will take matters into their own hands if you're really taking the piss. A student who had parked their car really inconsiderately on Albert Road had their car towed away! To be honest they deserved it - if you're going to park in the local area (and it is difficult), at least park so you're not blocking someone's driveway or double-parking.

Well yes but if they double parked/parked blocking a driveway then that is illegal and they deserved to be towed away!
Reply 89
ARGH!! The verification code still hasn't arrived in my e-mail. Did anyone else have this problem?
erussell
ARGH!! The verification code still hasn't arrived in my e-mail. Did anyone else have this problem?

My verification code still hasn't arrived yet either! It's been more then 24 hours!
Reply 91
Looking at these pics where the hell am I going to put my 37 inch TV? :P
Reply 92
EmergingButterfly
My verification code still hasn't arrived yet either! It's been more then 24 hours!

I had this problem too after a few hours I emailed [email protected] and they provided the code for me.
Reply 93
ChrisF
I had this problem too after a few hours I emailed [email protected] and they provided the code for me.

Thanks, I did that and it worked.
dmoorcroft

Holloway put a letter on my car telling me not to park there (up in Simon's Walk near Founders). I duly ignored it but changed my parking patterns. I've also had my car horrifically keyed in the same place, although that was probably the work of chavs rather than annoyed residents.

Although technically I think that by agreeing to the terms of the accommodation we've signed away our right to park within a mile of campus.

They're also pretty clamp-happy on campus. You can park over weekends and evenings (cause that's when the clamper doesn't work) but they do start early. I was clamped at before 8am on a Monday morning once. But only that one time and a £20 fine is fairly cheap parking considering how much I sneaky use the car parks.
Reply 95
anyone put Reid hall as first choice?
Reply 96
can anyone upload some photos of Kingswood II?the description sounds nice to me, however some photos will help:biggrin:
Reply 97
Well i found these 2 on facebook - i couldn't find 1 that showed the other bit of the main room. I never did take any pics of my kwood 2 room

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v272/225/39/517022755/n517022755_801803_7523.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v272/225/39/517022755/n517022755_801804_7935.jpg
Reply 98
thanks!! it helped anyway.did u liked staying at kingswood II?? does the food taste ok?!
Reply 99
Has everyone confirmed their accommodation?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest