The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BringMeTheRadke
What is included for shared bathrooms? Will I need to bring my own toilet paper/hand soap? Also what is provided in terms of bedding? And what are the prices for the launderette like?Thanks!

Hey,

Toilet paper and hand soap are provided for all shared and public toilets across campus. You may wish to bring a small wash bag that is convenient for taking your other toiletries, such as shampoo etc.with you to the bathrooms.

Duvets and pillows are provided in halls, so you'll just need to bring your own sheets and covers with you. There are several laundrettes across campus, and these charge approximately £2.50 per wash and £1 for the dryer. You'll need to provide your own detergent for these, which can be purchased at the Union Shop on campus or at any supermarket.

Camilla :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by chinadoll1
I've been asked to pay a £300 prepayment to secure my room. But I'm worried I might not have got the grades to get in. Does anyone know what happens to the £300 if I don't get accepted? Will I get it back or will RH keep it?

The £300 payment is refundable where a student does not satisfy the entry criteria and is therefore not able to take up their place at Royal Holloway.

Fingers crossed for you though!

Reply 1322
Just wondered what the difference was between Runnymede 1 and 2?
Original post by AMR25
Just wondered what the difference was between Runnymede 1 and 2?

Not much at all, it's all the same Hall - both have single beds and en-suites and are self-catered halls made up of flats of around 6 to 8 people. The differentiation in name makes it easier to locate the flat/block you're looking for (particularly handy for when you've ordered takeout!).
Reply 1324
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Not much at all, it's all the same Hall - both have single beds and en-suites and are self-catered halls made up of flats of around 6 to 8 people. The differentiation in name makes it easier to locate the flat/block you're looking for (particularly handy for when you've ordered takeout!).

Ok thankyou, so its just location differences- where is Runnymede 1?
Original post by AMR25
Ok thankyou, so its just location differences- where is Runnymede 1?

They're both very close to each other - less than a one minute walk from one to the other. Both are located towards the bottom of campus where most of our Halls are located.
So, I'm hesitating between Runnymede and Reid...someone decided to scare me into thinking there are some halls that are, shall we say, less safe than others...as an international student I gotta admit that makes me a little bit nervous :frown: Any advice between choosing Runnymede or Reid? Like which is more comfortable, closer to campus, friendlier, closer to stores and shuttles and such? And what's the difference between Runnymede I and II?
Original post by ace1026
So, I'm hesitating between Runnymede and Reid...someone decided to scare me into thinking there are some halls that are, shall we say, less safe than others...as an international student I gotta admit that makes me a little bit nervous :frown: Any advice between choosing Runnymede or Reid? Like which is more comfortable, closer to campus, friendlier, closer to stores and shuttles and such? And what's the difference between Runnymede I and II?

There really isn't much difference in Runnymede 1 or 2 - I know this can be confusing! Both offer the same facilities, the differentiation in number just makes it easier to find your way around.

Runnymede and Reid are located next to each other, towards the bottom end of campus where many of our other halls of residence are situated. The rooms in both of these halls are very similar: single beds and en suites. The main difference is that Runnymede is a self-catered hall consisting of flats of 6-8 people who share a kitchen, whereas Reid is a catered hall and is made up of houses of 12 people, who have access to a pantry but take their main meals in one of the campus dining halls.

It is around a 10-15 minute walk from both of these halls down to Egham high street. Alternatively, there is a bus stop outside the Founder's building which you can take instead. For smaller purchases, there is a small grocery/convenience store located on campus near to Reid and Runnymede. Additionally, many students choose to place online grocery orders.

In terms of safety, our security team operates a 24/7 service and we're actually one of the safest University campus' in the UK.

Give me a shout if you have any further questions!

Original post by Stickyelmo
If I get to kings wood does the food still come over the holidays? Kings is my last choice because its more expensive T_T Cheap me haha

Hey, just wondering if you got into Kingswood? 😊
So getting closer to Uni and I'm beginning to wonder if there's anywhere I can go to, to get suggestions on what I need to purchase for my accommodation? like a list perhaps or some general ideas? Thanks
Original post by Metatronic
So getting closer to Uni and I'm beginning to wonder if there's anywhere I can go to, to get suggestions on what I need to purchase for my accommodation? like a list perhaps or some general ideas? Thanks

Hey, not sure if you wanted a general or a specific one for RHUL 'what to get' list but here's a generic one that I sort of followed, some things I didn't need to buy but there's good advice on it :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15855-what-to-take-to-university-checklist
So we're under 2 weeks until we move on... When do we find out our room numbers?
Original post by meadowlarkmolly
So we're under 2 weeks until we move on... When do we find out our room numbers?

I think when we actually arrive there they'll give us our room number and key? Not sure though.
Original post by meadowlarkmolly

The 10th
Hi everyone!

We have set up an updated thread with the latest info and images of halls at Royal Holloway over here, so come check that out. Feel free to pop us any questions you might have about halls over there! :yy:

:smile: Summer
New accommodation guide here

:bl:
Thread closed :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending