The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my school gave me a letter outlining everything so i'd know what time to go in etc

.... i'v lost it :redface:
Reply 41
Mine opens at 10am,
RachelBabyfrog
I think it's 10 at our school, but I'll be going earlier because I always turn up on time and end up being one of the last people to arrive! :smile:

:dito: Apart from it's 9.30 :p:
10am for me :smile:
kellywood_5
10am for me :smile:

oOo and me!
If you don't know maybe it's just safe to turn up about 10ish then...
Reply 46
mines at 10am.
Will be getting there a lot earlier than that I think. Can check if I have got into Portsmouth at 8am on their website which I might just do.
Really begining to make me nervous now.
My schools is really cruel as they make us AS people wait until 2pm to get our results. Aaarghh! means I will get more and more nervous as the day goes on and hear about what the year above and friends at other schools get. :frown:
lol it's only AS's. Don't worry
*hugs*
sentient_bean
My schools is really cruel as they make us AS people wait until 2pm to get our results.

They do that at our school as well - it's not exactly cruel! They have to because A2 people will be milling around fussing about clearing and wanting advice, and the headteach will be ringing up Oxbridge for people who just missed offers and stuff - AS people'd just be in the way :p:

ZarathustraX
I understand that the school needs to focus on the A2 people and teachers are probably going to be concentrating on them but most schools do let AS people go in at the same time as A2ers. If all schools gave out AS results in the afternoon then it would be less stressful. Oh well, can't do anything about it so will have to stay in bed til noon that day :sleep:
Reply 51
sentient_bean
My schools is really cruel as they make us AS people wait until 2pm to get our results. Aaarghh! means I will get more and more nervous as the day goes on and hear about what the year above and friends at other schools get. :frown:

:frown: I don't like this.

In our school, AS and A2 students get their results at the same time. We have more teachers there on that day, so that's why the results are given out at the same time.
Reply 52
I can understand that school making AS students wait until later to get their results.

My school didn't when I picked up my AS results, and I remember all of the A2 students being pretty damned hostile towards us because we were all crying and getting upset and panicky, even though our exams weren't half as important as their's. I got the impression that they'd have preferred us not to be there. Not to mention the teachers having to deal with their worried students from both year groups...

I think it might be better all round for the year groups to receive their results separately :smile:
I'm sorry, but why bother crying over AS levels? most pointless thing ever. you have not one but TWO further opportunities to retake, I got BBD last year, felt a bit miffed for the rest of the day and just got on with it.
Reply 54
That's exactly my point.

The A2 students look at the AS students and think "what are they so upset about? Their exams aren't important at all, stupid people" and so on. The AS students rightly see their grades as important, some get upset if they've done badly because they've put a lot of work in, and then they wonder why the A2 students are giving them evil looks!

No-one wants hostility like that on such an important day, so why not just keep them separate?
I'm going in at half nine don't care about running into the 50 A2 students.
Im getting my As results at 9am
Reply 57
12PM earliest!! I shall go mad for the hours between eight and twelve, thus by the time my results are due it won't matter what I get because I will be a foaming-mouthed wreck.
Reply 58
My school posted the AS results to people last year, so they could concentrate on the A2. It's quite a good system, I think.
Internet for me too, 10am I think. Hope they work out grades and stuff for us rather than just leaving columns of raw marks for us to get confused over :confused:

Latest