Revision Methods for GCSE Science!! Watch

GCSERESOURCES
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi there, I'm a student studying in my final year. As a part of my degree I'm working on a project which involves researching the GCSE syllabus and revision techniques.

If you can answer one or both of these questions for me that would be great!

1. What methods of revision did you/are you using to help you with your GCSE science revision? (Please include broad method like bullet points, or specific to one area like you designed a model of the lungs to help you describe breathing in humans)

2. What areas of GCSE Science did you/are you finding most difficult? (A specific area of biology/chemistry/physics)

Please don't write any personal information!

Thank you!!!

P.S. Sorry if you've seen this thread before - I'm trying to get as many replies as possible!
Advertisement
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1. What methods of revision did you/are you using to help you with your GCSE science revision? (Please include broad method like bullet points, or specific to one area like you designed a model of the lungs to help you describe breathing in humans)
A) wrote the answers on my hand

2. What areas of GCSE Science did you/are you finding most difficult? (A specific area of biology/chemistry/physics)
A) chemistry because this girl in my class was peng and i'd just stare at her all day
Ross1237
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the best ways to revise for science is:
-BBC BITESIZE-This site is great, they tell you all you need to know the seperate exam boards, and breaks it up into units. I really think this method help me pass GCSE Core science
-TEXT BOOK/CGP REVISION GUIDES-Another great way for revising is reading through the textbooks and revision guides.
-PAST PAPERS-I sat before each of my science exams and did loads of question papers
Advertisement
umrabashir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello! I'm in year 10&And I have a GCSE science exam coming up in June and I would like to know how I can revise for it. So can u give me some advice pls. And physics is what i struggle the most on. So please can you give me some edvice on how I can know physics before my exam
Please! Thank you:-)
Mutleybm1996
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by umrabashir)
Hello! I'm in year 10&And I have a GCSE science exam coming up in June and I would like to know how I can revise for it. So can u give me some advice pls. And physics is what i struggle the most on. So please can you give me some edvice on how I can know physics before my exam
Do past papers! I made the huge mistake of doing none, I just read from the revision guide and got A's in all my subjects rather than the A*'s I wanted. Wow that sounds big headed but it's true.
Past papers, revision guide, make decent notes
Also on the day of the exam have a packet of sweets 30 minutes before the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
_ariane29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by umrabashir)
Hi I'm in year 10 and doing the core exams this may What's your exam board?
I personally think the best way to revise for science is to avoid making lots of notes and do past papers instead. I'm not a big fan of the cgp books because they're so concise they're unclear. So instead, if I want to learn a topic I wasn't taught (the science department in my school are lacking) I watch the myGCSEsscience video that is relevent, make short minimal notes throughout, then try some practice papers.
I hope this helps you Its a really time consuming, varied, way of revising which is why my revision regime starts March. Do a little a day starting on the subjects you find the hardest then revisit them throughout the coming months.
What are you finding hard in physics? I haven't done additional yet, but in core I found drawing ray diagrams and telescopes the most challenging.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (283)
60.6%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.71%