The TSR Palestinian Society Watch

bashment
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Palestinian Solidartiy Society

ok people i have decided to start a society called the palestinian society
its aim is to educate people and provide a help on the situation with the palestinians (palestine).

the basis of our charter

1. The PSS was created to show solidarity with the Palestinian people in their struggle for a homeland.

2. The PSS welcome people from every race, religion, political party or organisation.

3. The PSS is non party-political, reflecting the bredth of the national Palestine Solidarity Campaign.

i was hoping for people who are interested in joining if you could pm me and replying below that would be great

thank you.

HOT TOPICS

1.should israel be a jewish only state ?

2.what are israeli lobbies and what do they do ??

3.what are the settlements ??
what are the illegal settlements all about ?

4.what roles does the media play in shaping the conflict ??

5.whats with Israels apartheid style wall ??

6.maps here you can see maps of palestine before israel was created, maps of the illegal israeli wall and maps of the illegal settlements.

7.israeli military statistics ranging from arms imports and exports

8.Aid to israel ! ever wondered how israel can afford the latest hi tech american military hardware ?

9.divestment (withdrawing investment) from israel from the christian groups, organisations etc

10.ever wondered how many people have been killed and injured ??

11.this is a list of great websites for boycotting companies that support israels illegal activities.

HOW CAN I HELP
http://www.bigcampaign.org/
http://www.palestinecampaign.org
http://electronicintifada.net/new.shtml
http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html

companies include
Starbucks
Marks & Spencer
McDonald's
Danone
nestle
Timberland
rupert murdock - the sun, sky TV

see the above links for more details

CRIMES ISRAEL HAS COMMITED

United Nations Resolutions against israel
http://www.middleeastnews.com/unresolutionslist.html

israel leads the list of countries ignoring UN resolutions
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pa...ubContrassID=0

ISRAELS NUCLEAR WEAPONS
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Israel/index.html
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarti...07&ItemID=8500
http://www.counterpunch.org/feldman1014.html

Mordechai Vanunu - the israel nuclear technician that exposed israels nuclear and thermo nuclear weapons to the world and was
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/2841377.stm
Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
this should probably be in the 'societies' section. Or the international forum.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it will move there once we've introduced ouselves in this section (afterall, it is a very political issue!)
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is there room for any criticism of Palestine in your society or will that not be welcome?
Person
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Of course there is always room for constructive criticism, however we don't really want a debate here and the moment as you know how off tack threads can get. Once we've got ourselves sorted out a bit then we might open up to a bit of discussion.

Also we'd want to maybe vote on motions etc if we have enough members to we have an official TSR PSS position rather than individual members giving their own opinions.

You're a bloke?!
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)
You're a bloke?!
Lol you never knew?
ArthurOliver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Here we go...

~Bashment says he'll: educate people...on the situation with palestine (an area of land) and on "who are the palestinians" (presumably a people)

~BW asks: Is there room for any criticism of Palestine (which is an area of land, so we'll assume he means the Palestinian people)

~Northu says: of course (the implication being that Northu also connects the land of Palestine with the Palestinian people)
________________________________ ___________

So we have the first questions

1) What is the link between Palestine and the Palestinians?

2) Doesn't Israel take up much of 'terra Palestina'?

3) Does Palestinian nationality remain constant even in diaspora? Or are Israelis the new Palestinians (as happens with the Pakistanis or Jamaicans who come to Britain and overnight become British)?

If Palestinians exist and are still so named despite no longer occupying much of the land previously known as Palestine, and the people now occupying the land named Palestine are not Palestinians then we have three further questions.

1) Who are the Palestinians and where is Palestine?

2) Who cares?

3) Why are the Pakistanis and Jamaicans in Britain called British?

If somebody can give me an answer which recognises the rights and desires of the 1948 Israelis, 1948 Palestinians and 1948 British (>99% White), and all of their descendents, to homelands designed to protect and nourish their particular sense of identity and heritage--I'll give you some pos rep when I'm able!
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ArthurOliver)
If somebody can give me an answer which recognises the rights and desires of the 1948 Israelis, 1948 Palestinians and 1948 British (>99% White), and all of their descendents, to homelands designed to protect and nourish their particular sense of identity and heritage--I'll give you some pos rep when I'm able!
The day you manage to post without mentioning the word "white" or some other mention of race, I will pos rep you.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
The day you manage to post without mentioning the word "white" or some other mention of race, I will pos rep you.
When supremacists like yourself allow that White peoples have the same rights to homelands as the other tribes and nations of the world my reason for posting will be gone.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But white people do have homelands.
It's just that other people live there too.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
Here we go...

~Bashment says he'll: educate people...on the situation with palestine (an area of land) and on "who are the palestinians" (presumably a people)

~BW asks: Is there room for any criticism of Palestine (which is an area of land, so we'll assume he means the Palestinian people)

~Northu says: of course (the implication being that Northu also connects the land of Palestine with the Palestinian people)
________________________________ ___________

So we have the first questions

1) What is the link between Palestine and the Palestinians?

2) Doesn't Israel take up much of 'terra Palestina'?

3) Does Palestinian nationality remain constant even in diaspora? Or are Israelis the new Palestinians (as happens with the Pakistanis or Jamaicans who come to Britain and overnight become British)?

If Palestinians exist and are still so named despite no longer occupying much of the land previously known as Palestine, and the people now occupying the land named Palestine are not Palestinians then we have three further questions.

1) Who are the Palestinians and where is Palestine?

2) Who cares?

3) Why are the Pakistanis and Jamaicans in Britain called British?

The thing you have real problems grasping is that the empire we built up had consequences. we gave citizens of our empire certain rights, one of which was citizenship within the 'mother country'.

That is why they can come to britain. There is no comparison with israel.
Jamie
Report 13 years ago
When supremacists like yourself allow that White peoples have the same rights to homelands as the other tribes and nations of the world my reason for posting will be gone.
tribes and nations like..?
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll join. I've been involved in this struggle for as long as I can remember.

MB
Person
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol you never knew?
No! I just read your siggy. But you're a girl in my mind!

Ahem, this isn't aplace for debate, especially not useless white supremacist debate.
anabelle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can never understand why don't they settle in the territory they have, elect a president, try to calm themselves and stop terrorism from inside and then decide what to do...

Is it so hard to found a state?
Person
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is it so hard to found a state?
They are occupied by Israeli troops. There are almost 400 000 Israeli settlers in Palestinian territory. These settlemnts are protected by army barracks and buffer zones and settler only roads. When you take away these pieces of land you are only left with isolated, cuts of sections of land in which it is impossible to create a viable state.
anabelle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It would be so great if they could get a stae. Think of the tourism they would gnerate.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ayaan)
But white people do have homelands.
It's just that other people live there too.
(Original post by Jamie)
The thing you have real problems grasping is that the empire we built up had consequences. we gave citizens of our empire certain rights, one of which was citizenship within the 'mother country'.
That is why they can come to britain. There is no comparison with israel.
…tribes and nations like..?
(Original post by Northumbrian)
Ahem, this isn't aplace for debate, especially not useless white supremacist debate.
Ayaan, the Israeli homeland is a Jewish homeland--explicitly. The hoped-for Palestinian homeland is specifically for Palestinians--Frenchmen, Inuit and Bantu won’t be welcome.

Ethnic/Genetic homelands for the White Nations descended from European Christendom are not permitted—they must welcome people from all over the world and their identity be explicitly multicultural and multiracial. If Indians, Pakistanis, and Jamaicans are now Englishmen—the historic English nation doesn’t exist anymore, and what has replaced it is not White.

Jamie, this is only related to Empire in that both Commonwealth immigration and Empire were both initiated by wealthy elites and businessmen to increase their wealth and power. The sins of the great-grandfather shouldn’t fall on the great-grandson anyway, it’s a sure-fire excuse for war and racism.

The comparison with Israel is valid—Israel actually makes my point more forcibly than any other nation could--shouldn’t all peoples have equal right to a homeland? Why shouldn’t all tribes and nations, including the Scots, English and the Welsh as well as Israelis and Palestinians, have secure homelands which discriminate against ‘the other’ to preserve and develop their unique heritages.

Northumbrian, the only supremacism (valuing one over the other) I see evidence of, is the preparedness to ‘blend out’ the ethnic/genetic White nations of Europe and the New world, while hypocritically arguing for homelands to secure the ethnic/genetic futures of other peoples.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Really? If I wanted to I could go to palestine or Israel and live there if it wasn't for the security situation. You may not have noticed this, but other countries take in refugees and expats too look at basically all of Africa, people move from one country to another all the time, and there are plenty of white people there as well, look at south Africa. What is your position on UN rules as to the status of a refugee?
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I support the Palestinian cause, but only because, as someone with no connection to either side, I feel inclined to help the underdog.
Israel has tanks and weapons (funded by the US and the UK, particularly the former), and the palestinians have guns and explosives (yes they have stones, but lets not pretend that is their most advanced weaponry...they also have sticks :rolleyes: ). Yes, it is true that palestinoian terrorist groups are funded by some arab nations, but the funding is still far from equal.

I am against boycoting companies that support Israel. What do you hope to achieve? How will this be achieved by boycotting these multinationals? I did it for a month but realised it was pointless.
Raising awareness and signing petitions is far more useful.

Remember: Israel gets far more money from other national governments than it does these companies you are boycotting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (282)
80.57%
Leave (68)
19.43%

Watched Threads