temporary
    Thanks A Y A Z!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    If your brother can't go with you, I'll be more than happy :p:

Back to Palestine..
    Haha, I bet. :p:

Yes, so, Palestine...

Does Israel have a right to exist? Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    why not?
    they just dont have a right to be sad bas*****

ReputationRep:
    zara what about YOUR views?
    YOU asked the question right :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    zara what about YOUR views?
    YOU asked the question right :p:
    I've gotta go out now, but I'll tell you about my views when I get back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy Fruit)
    I've gotta go out now, but I'll tell you about my views when I get back.
    :ciao:
    take care.

ReputationRep:
    They're bad. :mad: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeh well farhan your supposed to DISCUSS.
    everyone knows theyre bad!

ReputationRep:
    lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha

I just realised how stupid I sounded.

Hehe.

Umm, they should er, you know.

Die. The bad people.

ReputationRep:
    really?
    if someones bad doesnt mean they dont have a right to live!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so, Palestine...

Does Israel have a right to exist? Discuss.
    I'd say the Jews have undergone a gargantuan amount of persecution, so if they feel they should have a homeland somehwere where they can feel safe then perhaps so. However, there is no way it should be at the expense of other people. And yes, there are many points about the conflict which are blurry before someone attacks me for this, but the point is Palestinian land has been grabbed, often with unparalleled cruelty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse)
    I'd say the Jews have undergone a gargantuan amount of persecution, so if they feel they should have a homeland somehwere where they can feel safe then perhaps so. However, there is no way it should be at the expense of other people. And yes, there are many points about the conflict which are blurry before someone attacks me for this, but the point is Palestinian land has been grabbed, often with unparalleled cruelty.
    I'd agree with this for the most part. And people wonder why they vote in terrorist organisations. When Nelson Mandela opposed apartheid south africa etc, back then he was labelled as a terrorist. Time has eventually changed that. I'm not sure hamas if comparable to this, but the comparison is when people are put under persecution and pressure by a state that barely recognises the problems ongoing in day to day life, including die-hard israeli supporters (like other situations in the past) people take extreme actions themselves.

To get rid of Israel now also has strong moral and ethical problems, just as not creating a Palestininan state after all this time does.

However, if one side is the supposed level headed democracy free from terrorism, you'd think it would choose to take the stern in helping the move toward peace. But they're more concerned with their miltary strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse)
    Completely agree! My opposition to the existence of Israel is not because I hold anti-Semitic sentiments, as many Zionists attempt to claim, it is purely because a group of people cannot be allowed to capture land belonging to another and use a horrific atrocity as justification for it. Particularly when they inflict that suffering on others in order to achieve their own security.

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree! My opposition to the existence of Israel is not because I hold anti-Semitic sentiments, as many Zionists attempt to claim, it is purely because a group of people cannot be allowed to capture land belonging to another and use a horrific atrocity as justification for it. Particularly when they inflict that suffering on others in order to achieve their own security.
    Just like you say; it has absolutely nothing to do with anti-Semitism. To claim so is ridiculous, even though there may be some people who's reason that is, but those people are not those who represent this movement.

To get rid of Israel now also has strong moral and ethical problems, just as not creating a Palestininan state after all this time does.

However, if one side is the supposed level headed democracy free from terrorism, you'd think it would choose to take the stern in helping the move toward peace. But they're more concerned with their miltary strength.
    Also agree with that.

Also, a tiny bit unrelated; but this is funny:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6JPqoyyiH...omid%20djalili

ReputationRep:
    i wanna join too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    i wanna join too!
    Click here to join! Welcome to the society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse)
    Just like you say; it has absolutely nothing to do with anti-Semitism. To claim so is ridiculous, even though there may be some people who's reason that is, but those people are not those who represent this movement.
    The funny thing is that some people actively support the Zionist movement because they hate Jews and wish to see them out of their countries in Israel!

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is that some people actively support the Zionist movement because they hate Jews and wish to see them out of their countries in Israel!
    I still find it despicable, and frankly confusing, that someone can hate an entire group of people. It is completely irrational, unless you happen to know every individual in that group and hate them personally.

Obviously the ideal solution would be if Jews, and other groups, could be integrated without fear of prejudice anywhere. This is probably just a pipe-dream though as the world seems to be sinking deeper and deeper into a depressingly divided state. The Wall being erected is quite a poignant symbol of that actually.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically to some degree you've got to blame the Police force of the world in terms of the UK and USA for deciding the Jewish people could have Palestine.
    When the UK made this decision and then just abandoned their commitments it was truly disgraceful.

The Zionists are the Jews worst enemy, I mean siding with the Zionists mean you basically believe in the superiority of the Jewish people above all others...argh it does infuriate me.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.