The Student Room Group

The TSR Palestinian Society

Scroll to see replies

justfarhan
Why are Iranians bitter about it?

Some Iranians dislike Arabs for historic, political and racist reasons. In the interests of being fair though, this dislike is sometimes mutual.
Juicy Fruit
Some Iranians dislike Arabs for historic, political and racist reasons. In the interests of being fair though, this dislike is sometimes mutual.
I thought Iranians were Arabs and Iraqis not? Or is it the other way round?
justfarhan
I thought Iranians were Arabs and Iraqis not? Or is it the other way round?

Huh? Iranians are Persians, and Persians are not Arabs. Iraqis, on the other hand, are Arabs.
Juicy Fruit
Huh? Iranians are Persians, and Persians are not Arabs. Iraqis, on the other hand, are Arabs.
That's it.
lol, well you're getting there at least. Actually just over 50 percent of iranians are persian, the rest are really a mix of azeri turks, kurds, arabs etc.

I'd like to ask though, have any of you actually *lived in the middle east? have you experienced life there? If you havn't how would you have any idea of the sexual drive of middle easterners?!

Yes there is a need for sex, but more important there's the issue of arab pride; they need to get over themselves, wars happen, territory changes hands, (not 'confiscated' necessarily just taken over). The day Ben gurion officially delcared the state of israel five arab nations attacked it and failed...smacks of incompetence to me
oh n0es
justfarhan
oh n0es

HAHA
prince of persia
One question for all those pro-palestianian whingers out there; if being arab and being muslim are such important ties of brotherhood that wars are being waged over them, why don't the arab countries get together n just shave off a little land, call it palestine, and be done with the whole fiasco?!

That would legitimise the act of theft. If some theif came to your house and took everything. Would you move into a council house?
Tibia
That would legitimise the act of theft. If some theif came to your house and took everything. Would you move into a council house?

lol, well i think you've pretty much proven everything i said about arab pride. you have to LET GO, lots happened in the past, the important thing is the present- the israelis aren't going anywhere and they are certainly not going to be forced out by a bunch of incompetent arabs who couldn't get the job done when it mattered in the first place:p:
prince of persia
lol, well i think you've pretty much proven everything i said about arab pride. you have to LET GO, lots happened in the past, the important thing is the present- the israelis aren't going anywhere and they are certainly not going to be forced out by a bunch of incompetent arabs who couldn't get the job done when it mattered in the first place:p:

Wow, you're bitter, even for an Iranian. Allow me to point out that what you've been writing borders on racism, by the way. Did Nelson Mandela have 'Arab pride' too, when he fought against the apartheid in South Africa? Should he have given up when he was imprisoned and allowed his own country to be dominated by Europeans who had no claim to that land and treated the natives like second class citizens in their own country? You truly are ignorant. It's a good job your President Ahmadinejad is nothing like you.
prince of persia

The Africans never give gave up. Why should the Palestinians? Nothing will last on earth. Empires crumble. Nations get invaded. People die. Israel has been riding the wave for 58 years. But it isn't to late. If only Hamas had access to the same training and weaponry as Hezbollah. Then we would see incompetency.
Juicy Fruit
Wow, you're bitter, even for an Iranian. Allow me to point out that what you've been writing borders on racism, by the way. Did Nelson Mandela have 'Arab pride' too, when he fought against the apartheid in South Africa? Should he have given up when he was imprisoned and allowed his own country to be dominated by Europeans who had no claim to that land and treated the natives like second class citizens in their own country? You truly are ignorant. It's a good job your President Ahmadinejad is nothing like you.

interesting, an ignoramous *and a racist, both in the same thread; would say to merit that in itself is quite an achievement. So lets deal with the racism point; it's hardly my fault the arabs were incompetent and that i don't sympathise one bit with the 'plight' of the palestinians. I have no reason to hold any grudge or resentment against them, except perhaps that too much of my country's money is going their way instead of looking after our own people:p: , but that aside no i have nothing really against them at all.

Now to the ignorant point; yes you may be surprised i have heard of Nelson Mandela, by all mean's he was a great man but not perfect. Often he used violent means and supported terrorist organisations to get his way. I think a better example you might have used if you continued that chain of thought would have been Gandhi in india.

The thing you have to realise though is the palestinian situation is in no way comparable; they are not actively being 'oppressed' by the israelis as with s.africa and india- with one exception, those living in the Gaza strip. For them yea life is a lil tough atm, getting passports etc etc.., maybe the israelis are taking liberties. But the way i see it, even that little issue could be solved if the palestinians stopped their bickering and got together a respectable parliament and leader to represent their case to the UN.

Look at Israel's success, they are democratic, have a thriving economy, a great army (albeit largely funded by the US), and no natural resources bar the odd orange tree. In short, they are smart, the palestinians, and arabs generally i'm sorry to say, *have not been (notice tense), and hence make me very doubtful they will ever be.
prince of persia

Look at Israel's success, they are democratic, have a thriving economy, a great army (albeit largely funded by the US), and no natural resources bar the odd orange tree. In short, they are smart, the palestinians, and arabs generally i'm sorry to say, *have not been (notice tense), and hence make me very doubtful they will ever be.

You missed out the bit about them taking it up the ass from George W. :wink:

First of all. Israels success isn't down to it being a succesful country. It is down to brain drain. Jews from Russia,Arab countries,Europe and USA go to Israel. They are already educated. Which means they can start work faster and don't need the state to fund education for them. They bring their skills with them.
i'll join, one of my good friends is very passionate about this issue and many afternoons were spent having discussions on this issue and its similarities to the situation in northern Ireland.
Reply 635
Bhoy_wonder
i'll join, one of my good friends is very passionate about this issue and many afternoons were spent having discussions on this issue and its similarities to the situation in northern Ireland.

Well i have had many discussions, which have often ended into full blown arguments.-i love them. :smile:
Reply 636
hello people, i want to join this society, have been a TSR for quite a while but only just having urge to write posts, the Palestinians are being unjustly treated, you know theres a Palestinian event at Manchester met next weekend, but I cant go because im going back home for the weekend for iftar with family and stuff. :frown: if your in the neighbourhood go! its really good though there is a very small fee.

Also, Ive read some of the posts and I agree if the arab nations actually stuck together instead of being fooled by america and bicker with each other, Palestinians might be better treated.
Reply 637
Welcome to the cause mate
Reply 638
hello comrades. :smile:
Thud
hello comrades. :smile:

Greetings!

Quick Reply

Latest