The Student Room Group

The TSR Palestinian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
viva italia2
Yes it does help the cause because it ptus presure on israel and because the palestenians are unable to fight state of the art israeli war machines.

Exactly my point, announcing that the killing of civilians helps the cause when it clearly does not. And as you pointed out Palestinians can't fight the state of the art Israel yet persist in picking at their feet hoping for them to fall. It won't happen. I'm glad Israel takes this no bull**** policy with the terrorists because it's the only language they understand.
Mr5.56
I'm glad Israel takes this no bull**** policy with the terrorists because it's the only language they understand.

Which clearly isn't working.
Reply 1502
Carl
The Arabs were promised their own state!!! What more do they want?

As for Jerusalum, again, it's difficult. Would it be fairer that it was run solely by Muslims? No, of course not. It's the home of Judaism, Christianity and an important site for Islam. As such ideally it needs a unique settlement. However, since both Muslims and Christian can visit despite it being administered by Jews, I don't see the problem. Christians and Muslims are hardly denied access to their religious sites, are they? It could be worse.

UN resolution 81. Arabs rejected that and would do so again.
Carl
The Arabs were promised their own state!!! What more do they want?

As for Jerusalum, again, it's difficult. Would it be fairer that it was run solely by Muslims? No, of course not. It's the home of Judaism, Christianity and an important site for Islam. As such ideally it needs a unique settlement. However, since both Muslims and Christian can visit despite it being administered by Jews, I don't see the problem. Christians and Muslims are hardly denied access to their religious sites, are they? It could be worse.

The point is the world agreed to split jerusalem but israelis insisted on keeping east and west jerusalem for themselves.
Reply 1504
viva italia2
The native indians have a much bigger claim to america than the nowaday americans do so why is the president still white? I can bring you numerous examples of places which could be historically claimed by people who dont live on it but the fact of the matter is that its irrelevant. Israel is a failed social experiment. the europeans wanted to get rid of the jews so they sent them down there.

Pals never owned that land, nor were they indigenous to it. Factually incorrect.

strategically unimportant? what are you talking about? occupied palestine has every aspect of 'strategy' yo ucan think of including the most important religious shrines to the world's biggest religions, a very good water supply, the best weather in the world and fertile land. What more can u ask for?

Oil?

Yea well damn sure you wudnt recognize a group of muslim people who come to eurpoe, setup their own coutnry AGAINST YOUR WILL and start opressing the people, if you were european. Dont expect the arbas to recognize israel coz they came here against our will, setup their country on stolen land and started killing our people.

So you are an arab then :smile:
Reply 1505
viva italia2
The point is the world agreed to split jerusalem but israelis insisted on keeping east and west jerusalem for themselves.

The world agreed to make jerusalem into an independent state, run by neither jews or arabs. The jew unanimously accepted, the arabs unanimously rejected
samba

So you are an arab then :smile:

WHo said i wasnt? cant u see the syrian flag?

Im proud to be an arab christian who lives in london and enjoys all the religious freedoms hewants when he goes back to syria.
Reply 1507
Slightly Off Topic:

I have never negged any member of this society for their opinions, especially not on this subject, nor do I intend to start doing so.

I believe that this is an emotional issue for all involved, and respect all of your rights to an opinion, however much I disagree, or however abhorrent I may personally find them.

I have always been afforded the same respect by each and every one of you, who have at least passively listened to what I may have to say.

However today viva italia2 chose to neg me for an opinion I expressed here, and I'm going to take the rare step in returning the favour. Not because I disagree with his blatent lies and propoganda, but because he doesn't respect my right to have an opinion. :smile:
Reply 1508
He's the only one from this society that I think I've negged for opinions shown on this subject. He doesn't listen, makes arguments circular by missing key clauses, his logic doesn't add up and he supports the slaughter of innocent civilians. That I can't tolerate, so he's received a very strongly worded neg rep.

I hope he's the only one who will ever receive one.
samba
Slightly Off Topic:

I have never negged any member of this society for their opinions, especially not on this subject, nor do I intend to start doing so.

I believe that this is an emotional issue for all involved, and respect all of your rights to an opinion, however much I disagree, or however abhorrent I may personally find them.

I have always been afforded the same respect by each and every one of you, who have at least passively listened to what I may have to say.

However today viva italia2 chose to neg me for an opinion I expressed here, and I'm going to take the rare step in returning the favour. Not because I disagree with his blatent lies and propoganda, but because he doesn't respect my right to have an opinion. :smile:

I negd you because i dont approve of your post which is exactly what neg/pos are for.

And about carl.. he negd me and left this msg to show how educated he is:

"you are a ****ing tool. Educate yourself, you call yourself a Christian (a Catholic even) yet you call for revenge and the death of innocent civilians. You ignore what you are told repeatedly and your logic never adds up. Go **** yourself. Carl"

Wow.
He does have a point. How can you call yourself a Catholic and then spit on the teachings of Jesus?
Bismarck
He does have a point. How can you call yourself a Catholic and then spit on the teachings of Jesus?

Haha, surely that comment violates TSR rules? Personal insults? Swearing? But because his views coincide with yours you overlook his blatent misuse of the rep system. Typical.
Bismarck

What are you blind now? its ok ill spoon feed the baby. Here:

"Go **** yourself"
"You ****ing tool"

Clearly that is offensive abuse of the rep system as he is swearing at me. But instead of giving him a warning, you hurl abuses at me. Great.
Bismarck wouldn't mind if you say "go **** yourself" and ""you are a ****ing tool" to him :biggrin: Instead, he'll welcome it and add more insults to himself. But I'll never say those things to him though #nope#

He's a moderator you see, and a great one at that. Yes I know, not for this forum, but still.
samba
Slightly Off Topic:

Atleast you're not an extremist like the others :wink:

What post did he neg you for?
justfurry
I appreciate that some zionists do condemn the terrorist acts of israel, but it's those that make excuses for terrorist acts that I and every decent person living on this Earth hates.

What about the anti-Zionists who make excuses for the terrorist acts of organisations like Hamas and Hezbollah?

Additionally, forgive me if you've stated your opinions before but I'm not on TSR frequently anymore, and when I am, I don't have time to backread all the millions of threads. What's your personal opinion on Hezbollah, suicide bombers and the daily Qassam rocket attacks onto Israeli civilian territory?

viva italia2
Clearly that is offensive abuse of the rep system as he is swearing at me. But instead of giving him a warning, you hurl abuses at me. Great.

Moving away from the rep.issue - I'd be interested to see your answer to Bismarck's question. :smile:
Reply 1516
Juicy Fruit
Haha, surely that comment violates TSR rules? Personal insults? Swearing? But because his views coincide with yours you overlook his blatent misuse of the rep system. Typical.

Well I was hardly likely to make such comments in a post, but I completely stand by them. I spent EIGHT HOURS yesterday refuting every lie, deception, and poor use of logic he made only to be returned with either another lie, an emotional outburst ("well if you don't care about the Palestinian children you really are EVIL!!!!!") or a misinterpretation of what I said. Frankly I don't consider him worth the effort any more. Even pointed ad hominems like those in my rep message are too good for him.

I find his position abhorrent, especially for a self proclaimed Christian.
If there's a problem with a rep comment you'll have to go into AAM if you haven't already, since I can't do anything with reputation.
Reply 1518
Cheers Fleff :biggrin:
Why to people care about something so useless such as rep so much ? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest