The Student Room Group

The TSR Palestinian Society

Scroll to see replies

http://www.icahd.org/eng/

What are your opinions on this? Let me guess, self-hating Jews? Or peace loving people? :cool:

What are your thoughts on this? Are you joined with ICAHD?
Yesterday, Tuesday, January 9th, Israeli forces entered the Bedouin village of Twail Abu Jarwal in the Northern Negev for the 5th time, in order to demolish it. Large police forces, with the aid of special-task forces and with the aerial help of a helicopter, and two bulldozers demolished the entire village. 21 homes: shacks, brick rooms, and tents were destroyed . During the last battle Israel waged against the residents of this village, on Dec. 6th 2006 Israeli forces demolished 17 homes – more than half the village. But the villagers, with the help of friends and the Regional Council for the Unrecognized Villages managed to rebuild roofs over their heads, to protect them from the harsh Negev winter weather. Today, however, it seems that Israel might have won the battle – and the war – against its citizens in the Northern Negev.

But – where will they go now? The once-more-newly-homeless 30 adults and 63 children? To the streets of Laqia or Beer-Sheva?

The residents of the village of Twail Abu-Jarwal bought plots of land from the Israeli government in the town of Laqia in 1978. They lived on the outskirts of town in 'illegal' and ever more crowded shacks for 25 years waiting to receive their plots and build homes for their families. Several years ago, after not receiving any option from the government authorities to build legally they returned to the locatio of their ancestral lands and built more 'illegal' shacks.

Israel's minister of interior, Roni Bar-On announced last month that he will destroy every last one of the 42,000 illegal structures in the Israeli Negev. But, dear Mr. Bar-On, what about Israel's responsibility towards its citizens? When will Israel create options for 80,000 of its Bedouin citizens in the Unrecognized Villages to build homes legally for their families?

Ethnic cleansing, I think they call it. Take down Palestinian homes and build illegal Jewish-only settlements. israeli government gives many incentives for people to move into these illegal settlements, and settlements are almost-irreversible.

Do you agree?
Breaking the Law in the West Bank

This report by the Peace Now Settlement Watch Team is a harsh indictment against the whole settlements enterprise and the role all Israeli governments played in it. The report shows that Israel has effectively stolen privately owned Palestinian lands for the purpose of constructing settlements and in violation Israel's own laws regarding activities in the West Bank. Nearly 40 percent of the total land area on which the settlements sit is, according to official data of the Israeli Civil Administration (the government agency in charge of the settlements), privately owned by Palestinians. The settlement enterprise has undermined not only the collective property rights of the Palestinians as a people, but also the private property rights of individual Palestinian landowners.

Summary:
The majority of settlements have been constructed either entirely or partially on private Palestinian land
• For the first time Peace Now is able to prove, that despite the State and settler’s claims, the majority of the settlements in the West Bank have been constructed on private Palestinian land and not on State land.
• 130 settlements were constructed either entirely or partially on private Palestinian land
• Around 60 thousand dunams of the land used by the settlements is actually private Palestinian land
• Private Palestinian land accounts for 40% of land used for settlements
• Construction of settlements of private Palestinian land is illegal according to the Supreme Court ruling, (Elon More precedent of 1979), and thus cannot be authorized. The result is that not only were the outposts constructed in an illegal manner, but also a large number of the veteran settlements were established on private Palestinian land and are thus illegal.
• The data presented here has been hidden by the State for many years, for fear that the revelation of these facts could damage it’s international relations. Only recently did Peace Now manage to obtain this material.
• Conclusion: For many years the state of Israel has been seizing thousands of dunams of private Palestinian land in order to construct settlements. The claim by the State and settlers that the settlements have been constructed on state land is misleading and false. The vast majority of settlement construction was done against the law of the land and the Supreme Court ruling and therefore unauthorized.
On a moral note this report paints a picture of the Israeli state acting in “daylight robbery” of Palestinian land and handing it over to Israeli settlers. The State has been taking advantage of the weakened status of the Palestinians in order to steal their land.

http://www.peacenow.org.il/site/en/peace.asp?pi=61&fld=191&docid=2024

Let's do this your way, then. :smile:
Reply 1643
That's FIVE posts in a row.

At least they are not all ridiculous posts about style or structure or empty discreditization; BUT I still see no responses to my post near the top of the [now last] page nor one to Dore Gold's article: a contary opinion you ask for.

INSTEAD you go for Blog-and-Bury as a 'response', posting Icahd.org", whoever that is.
Anyone with $15 can be a .org if they want.
Having a Link doesn't make you an authority.
Certainly whoever he is/they are, they don't have the credentials of Dore Gold.

What a strange response. I post a serious article, one whose contrary opinion was asked for and it's get's 'Dissed' just because it's Israeli, and you post some 10 cent 'peace site' run by who knows who.

LOL
Dore Gold is bias and is obviously running to his own pro-Israel agenda (it helps being the former Israeli ambassador to the UN). You seriously think anyone here should take anything he says seriously ? If i was to quote any Arab, or indeed Hamas you'd shout out at the top of your lungs "terrorist!!!!"
Reply 1645
Invocation
Dore Gold is bias and is obviously running to his own pro-Israel agenda (it helps being the former Israeli ambassador to the UN). You seriously think anyone here should take anything he says seriously ? If i was to quote any Arab, or indeed Hamas you'd shout out at the top of your lungs "terrorist!!!!"

37279 REQUESTED a contrary opinion.

Comprende?

I see no problem in posting a Very Informed opinion from someone on the opposite side as her.

The Opinions in these matters are almost necessarily 'partisan'.

You're not going to find it in Palestine, or Damascus certainly, (where any similar group to Icahd criticizing Palestinians would be blown up or dragged through the streets and Hung as a collaborators) nor in the Icelandic Library or Kyoto archives.

My opinion/question in my own words remains UNanswered at the top of the last page; buried by bullying tactics and team play.
Dude, if it's bias, it's bias. It aint worth reading, and especially isn't worth using in any debate. If you want to continue to use bias sources fine, but just don't then expect anyone to take you seriously or reply to your posts.
Guys, if you can't post in a civil manner without insulting each other, don't bother posting at all :smile:
Can I suggest that you add each other to your ignore lists, so you don't see each other's posts and so won't be inclined to continue this rather pointless and silly argument? Warning points clearly aren't going to stop you. Next stage is a ban, and I wouldn't want it to come to that.
Hehehe, they all have warning points.
Who is 37927? Someone's changed their username but who is it? :s:
Ethnic cleansing, I think they call it. Take down Palestinian homes and build illegal Jewish-only settlements.

1. It's not ethnic cleansing to destroy illegally built structures, unless you're a cretin who has a pathological desire to mis-apply terms and demonise everything done by Israel.
2. Bedouins aren't "palestinians".
Reply 1651
Helzerel

Jusfarhan
JonathanH
1. It's not ethnic cleansing to destroy illegally built structures, unless you're a cretin who has a pathological desire to mis-apply terms and demonise everything done by Israel.
2. Bedouins aren't "palestinians".
It is, and destroying Palestinian homes is part of it.

General comments are illegal.
abu_afak
That's FIVE posts in a row.

At least they are not all ridiculous posts about style or structure or empty discreditization; BUT I still see no responses to my post near the top of the [now last] page nor one to Dore Gold's article: a contary opinion you ask for.

INSTEAD you go for Blog-and-Bury as a 'response', posting Icahd.org", whoever that is.
Anyone with $15 can be a .org if they want.
Having a Link doesn't make you an authority.
Certainly whoever he is/they are, they don't have the credentials of Dore Gold.

What a strange response. I post a serious article, one whose contrary opinion was asked for and it's get's 'Dissed' just because it's Israeli, and you post some 10 cent 'peace site' run by who knows who.

LOL
Hey, who'd've thought you'd know about ICAHD?

Not like they'd get any media coverage in israel, being the israelis that they are themselves. :smile:

I see you've not commented about what they actually said, because you know and I know you'd find it hard to without agreeing to them one way or another.

So, either reply to this http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7357047&postcount=1661 or stop posting rubbish?
Helzerel
Farhan.

You haven't replied to the second part of my post, I'll reply to both parts of your reply together when you have done so.. :smile:
abu_afak
If you want private conversation with *titanium* you might try PMs. This is a public message board.
No I'm fine thanks, there is a 'reply' option for a reason, or, a post can be directed at someone.
abu_afak
Welcome to debate even 'up here' in the 'Palestinian Society'. I notice you don't venture 'down' the board where there is open debate (D&D) to promote or defend your position; rather prefer the safety and inherent bias of this section/Society.
Which would be consistent with you trying silly grammatical or structural criticisms rather than engaging in the substance of the issues I present.

- - - - - -
EDIT.. the above and below posts by Invocation are pure harrassment and do not participate or further the discussion at all.

RE- EDIT Thankfully have now been removbed Again by Moderators
Well done Sherlock.

D&D is your friend. (Most) D&D moderators are your friends. D&D is a waste of time if you're anti-israel. The Palestinian Society does not belong to D&D, it's not compulsory for debate. It certainly isn't for people who talk like bots anyway.

(lol)

Dalimyr
Guys, if you can't post in a civil manner without insulting each other, don't bother posting at all :smile:
Can I suggest that you add each other to your ignore lists, so you don't see each other's posts and so won't be inclined to continue this rather pointless and silly argument? Warning points clearly aren't going to stop you. Next stage is a ban, and I wouldn't want it to come to that.
Good idea. :wink:
abu_afak
You need say nothing about me.

You might try the topics I brought up, or the one you brought up I responded to.

Instead, you disingenuously wimp out by saying you don't want to respond personally. No one asked you to.
I have to admit, it is actually hard to reply to you without insulting you. It's like a challenge. I shouldn't.
Where is everyone gone?

IS THERE A CURFEW THAT I WASN'T INFORMED ABOUT? :afraid: ='(

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest