The TSR Palestinian Society Watch

Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup, plus everyone can't get to their computers because of restrictions of movement. Because were all terrorists and all that jazz.
abu_afak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 37927)
I have to admit, it is actually hard to reply to you without insulting you. It's like a challenge. I shouldn't.
I've given you Plenty of opportunity to respond ON Topic to several points.

What's clear is.. You can't.

Instead you resort to Insult and blog-and-bury multi-posts.

Again, is this any different than the Real World where Palestinians stop negotiating and Started an Intifada instead.

abu_afak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
By Martin Fletcher, NBC NEWS, Tuesday, May 08, 2001

The Palestinians are Calling on the Youngest to join the battle, and using a Stunning tactic: commercials on Palestinian TV asking children..
"Drop Your Toys, Pick up Rocks"

The video shows a child dropping his toy and young boys throwing stones, even using actors to recreate the most famous image of the uprising, one that shocked the world: 12-year-old Mohammed al-Dura dying in his father's arms, caught in a hail of Israeli bullets.

(BTW, Mohammed al-Dura, it turns out -- was Killed by Palestinians)

The commercial shows Mohammed in paradise, urging other children to "Follow him." The shot of al-Dura slumped against his father shifts to an image of the boy running through a sunlit field in "paradise" where he then greets other boys who sit together in the green grass.

At Mohammed's school in Gaza today, the daily prayer followed by a call to arms. "Are you afraid?" the teacher shouts "No," they answer. And then, "We ask Allah to destroy the Jews," rows of children in a schoolyard shout in unison.

Mohammed's desk is now a shrine, complete with his photograph, a PLO flag and flowers. The teacher asks, "Where is Mohammed?" The children answer, "Paradise!"

And in English class, they learned a new phrase today.

TEACHER: "The Israeli army killed our friend. Shame on them!"

CHILDREN (in unison): "Shame on them!"

Already, young boys are learning how to fight. Summer camp teaches how to resist the Israelis. But now they are being taught not to fear death. The greatest glory, they are told, is to be a martyr.

But what does it mean to teach children not to fear death? A coalition of American paediatricians, DOCS (Doctors Opposed to Child Sacrifice) says that official PA encouragement of children to participate in violence against Israel is "societal child abuse." DOCS founder Dr. Pejman Salimpour said, "Adults, governments, and media outlets that encourage young children to participate in violence to further their own political agenda are practicing a form of societal child abuse..." DOCS called on the PA to halt broadcasts that glorify martyrdom.

Dr. Salimpour and Mr. Fletcher deserve thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious since Arafat launched the latest war on Israel: children who should have been protected have been cynically and abusively manipulated, robbed not only of their childhoods, but of their humanity, and sometimes of their lives. And by extension, it will become impossible for them to ever find a way to accept the legitimacy of Israel, or of Jews living in the Middle East, ensuring that the conflict runs at least one more generation.

http://www.operationsick.com/article...childabuse.asp

abu_afak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Child Sacrifice, Palestinian Style

by Reuven Koret
November 13, 2002
Capmag

Summary: Golda Meir, a former Prime Minister of Israel, once said: "We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us." Tragically, that day seems far, far off.
When the Palestinians started Sacrificing their own sons and daughters as a matter of policy, as a sacred ritual, they sacrificed their own future as a people and immolated their basic human rights.

Israel is criticized for alleged insensitivity to the risks of casualties among civilians, especially children, during counter-terrorist missions. But the tragedy of unintended casualties from justified military actions cannot be compared to a society's deliberate abuse of its children as explosive devices.

Even in the first Intifada, the media glorified "children of the stones" as latter-day "Davids" struggling against the Israeli "Goliath." Young Palestinians, armed with slings and stones, were on the front lines of the struggle against "occupation." Behind them, often, stood Palestinian gunmen, sniping at Israeli troops from behind these human shields. The photographers focused, not surprisingly, on the children.

But what are we to make of the phenomenon of child martyrdom that has swept Palestinian society and become an essential core value of all social strata? In schools, on television, and in family homes, an entire society glorifies the martyr, celebrating those who die to kill Israelis and secure a place in a Paradise filled with waiting virgins.

Mothers appear with their sons in videos recorded before they go on suicide missions, praising their child's dedication to die in Allah's name.

After the missions, the mothers ululate in pride for their dead Jew-killing children, saying that they brought children into the world for just this purpose. Fathers proudly claim having trained their sons for such missions, and pledge to send their remaining children to become martyrs, too...."

http://capmag.com/article.asp?id=2110
abu_afak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Jihad for Kids
Feb 4, 2002

The Children's Club

It’s a show that won't make the Saturday morning lineup on any American network. But it has had a prominent slot on Palestinian TV. The program lacks the same slick production value of an American children's show, but it's just as influential. It's called The Children's Club.

It comes complete with puppet shows, games, songs and a very chilling message about becoming a suicide bomber. A little girl sings in Arabic about her ultimate ambition in life.

(Song Translation) “Oh sing my sister constantly about my life as a suicide warrior.”

Another girl screams about preparing to die.

Teaching to hate
(Song Translation) “I foresee my death, but I march quickly. Am I afraid? Life has little value because I'm returning to my lord and my people will know I am a hero.”

That message is repeated again and again in song and verse.

(Song Translation) “I will come at the time of drought with my best efforts bring a machine gun, violence anger, anger, anger...”

The children, most of them elementary school age, shout a message of violence.

“I will return with the dawn of tomorrow. It is my conviction of launch a jihad.”

Girl shouting a
message of violence

(Song Translation) “When I wander into Jerusalem, I'll turn into a suicide warrior in battle dress, in battle dress, in battle dress.”

A teacher cheers them on, “Bravo, bravo, bravo.”

If you're like most Americans, you had no idea that the show existed, but the Children's Club is no secret to Israelis.

“I am still shocked every time I see it,” says Hela Crown-Tamir who lived in Israel for 19 years.

“Imagine a teacher telling them bravo, "Crown-Tamir says, "because they're going to grow up to be a militant Islamic suicide bomber.”

Crown-Tamir moved back to The Tampa Bay area to escape the violence that ruined her travel business. She says Americans are just now waking up to the realities Israelis have been facing for years, that children are trained as suicide bombers.
Because it's so dramatic, some Israeli groups have used excerpts from The Children's Club to produce a campaign against Palestinian leader Yassir Arafat.

But are Palestinian children really educated this way? Or is this just an Israeli propaganda tool? We contacted several Islamic groups in the Tampa Bay area, but no one from any of those organizations would even agree to watch the tape.

But University of South Florida professor Abdelwahab Hachiche did agree to watch it.
“I always keep a reasonable degree of skepticism about anything I see or anything I read.”

Hachiche is an internationally recognized expert on Mideast terrorism. He's also an Arab and a Moslem. Until we gave him the tape, he'd never heard of the show. And while he says he has no idea who produced it, he says the translations are accurate and the problem is real.

“And the indoctrination and the danger of indoctrination is very, very serious.”

Dr. Hachiche calls this kind of teaching nothing short of infanticide. But he hopes children growing up in today's Islamic world will ultimately reject these messages of hatred..."

http://wtvt.com/investreptr/jihad.html

filastini
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We've discussed Palestinian children & violence. I think you should read the second part of this post.
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...postcount=1609

Your posts are great, btw. They have point and meaning, and, is something to consider, seen as israeli children aren't "taught to hate".
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by abu_afak)
By Martin Fletcher, NBC NEWS, Tuesday, May 08, 2001

The Palestinians are Calling on the Youngest to join the battle, and using a Stunning tactic: commercials on Palestinian TV asking children..
"Drop Your Toys, Pick up Rocks"

The video shows a child dropping his toy and young boys throwing stones, even using actors to recreate the most famous image of the uprising, one that shocked the world: 12-year-old Mohammed al-Dura dying in his father's arms, caught in a hail of Israeli bullets.

(BTW, Mohammed al-Dura, it turns out -- was Killed by Palestinians)

The commercial shows Mohammed in paradise, urging other children to "Follow him." The shot of al-Dura slumped against his father shifts to an image of the boy running through a sunlit field in "paradise" where he then greets other boys who sit together in the green grass.

At Mohammed's school in Gaza today, the daily prayer followed by a call to arms. "Are you afraid?" the teacher shouts "No," they answer. And then, "We ask Allah to destroy the Jews," rows of children in a schoolyard shout in unison.

Mohammed's desk is now a shrine, complete with his photograph, a PLO flag and flowers. The teacher asks, "Where is Mohammed?" The children answer, "Paradise!"

And in English class, they learned a new phrase today.

TEACHER: "The Israeli army killed our friend. Shame on them!"

CHILDREN (in unison): "Shame on them!"

Already, young boys are learning how to fight. Summer camp teaches how to resist the Israelis. But now they are being taught not to fear death. The greatest glory, they are told, is to be a martyr.

But what does it mean to teach children not to fear death? A coalition of American paediatricians, DOCS (Doctors Opposed to Child Sacrifice) says that official PA encouragement of children to participate in violence against Israel is "societal child abuse." DOCS founder Dr. Pejman Salimpour said, "Adults, governments, and media outlets that encourage young children to participate in violence to further their own political agenda are practicing a form of societal child abuse..." DOCS called on the PA to halt broadcasts that glorify martyrdom.

Dr. Salimpour and Mr. Fletcher deserve thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious since Arafat launched the latest war on Israel: children who should have been protected have been cynically and abusively manipulated, robbed not only of their childhoods, but of their humanity, and sometimes of their lives. And by extension, it will become impossible for them to ever find a way to accept the legitimacy of Israel, or of Jews living in the Middle East, ensuring that the conflict runs at least one more generation.

http://www.operationsick.com/article...childabuse.asp

Yes, they should shout out "Good for them" instead right ? :rolleyes:
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
WTF is a Moslem ?
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Invocation)
WTF is a Moslem ?
lol

First random fullstops, now..

But hey, don't comment on the guy's grammar, he'll use it against you and ultimately - win, lolz.

Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't blame him, it was a copy and paste Job. Americans have *******ized the English language!
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So I [agonisingly] wait a whole day to read 3 copy and paste jobs. Nice.
guess-who
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is for everybody, specially for the person who negd me for being a non-contributor:

International Conference on:

‘Media Coverage of the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict:
Perception, Public Opinion and Foreign Policy’

Date: Saturday, 17th February 2007
Venue: King’s College, University of London , The Strand, London WC2R 2LS
Nearest tube station: Temple (District and Circle lines)

Scope:
This conference gathers academics, journalists, researchers, policy makers and civil society organisations to discuss the coverage of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict by various news media organisations and its implications on public opinion as well as formulation of foreign policy.
No news subject generates more complaints about media objectivity than the Middle East in general and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in particular. The region has one of the highest concentrations of journalists in the world, reflecting intense worldwide interest in the conflict. There are 350 foreign news organizations based in Jerusalem alone, employing some 800 reporters, cameramen and technicians. Since the beginning of 2004, an other 1,300 accredited journalists have visited the region. The number is likely to become much higher if freelancers and writers who enter as visitors without presenting credentials are included.
But how are they covering the on-going conflict?
How impartial are the Western media in covering the conflict as compared to the Arab media? Do the BBC, CNN and others serve the agenda of the British and American foreign policies? Is Al-Jazeera objective in covering the conflict or it does ‘fan the flames of radicalism’ in the region? How much does the media coverage resonate into public opinion formation and, hence help influence policymakers' actions and decisions? What should be the role of the media vis-à-vis the conflict? And what could be the future prospects of the current situation in light of the global media and communication developments?
Conference themes:
- History of the conflict: Palestine the land and the people before and after the British Mandate
- Zionism, Jewish settlements, the emergence of the state of Israel and the roots of the conflict
- Mediating the conflict: the BBC and the British public opinion
- Arab media and the portrayal of the on-going occupation
- Arab VS Western media: are we watching the same conflict?
- Western public opinion perception of the media coverage
- Use of propaganda by states and organizations
- Palestinian Diaspora: is Satellite TV bridging the identity gap?
- Blogging, YouTube and MySpace in reporting the war, what role has the internet been playing?
- US media, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the American foreign policy
- Media coverage and policy making in the West: What implications?
- Strategies and future prospects for the region

Conference speakers include:
- Prof Mohammed Ayish: University of Sharjah , UAE
- Dr Ramzy Baroud, Palestinian Return Centre , UK
- Mr Waddah Khanfar: Director General, Al-Jazeera TV*
- Mr Richard Proter: Head of News, BBC World*
- Dr Noureddine Miladi, CAMMRO/University of Northampton
- Mr Ibrahim Helal: Al-Jazeera Channel, Qatar *
- Dr Azzam Tamimi: Centre for Islamic Political Thought, London *
- Dr Ibrahin Saleh, American University in Cairo
- Prof Greg Philo: Glasgow University *
- Dr Nash`at Aqtash, Birzeit University , Ramallah
- Dr Makram Khouri: Cambridge University , Cambridge
- Prof Abdulwahab Al-Masiri , Egypt *
- Dr. Yuval Karniel, Academic College of Management , Tel-Aviv
- Prof Noam Chomsky: University of Massashusetts *
- John Pilger: Journalist/ ITV, London *
- Dr Bassyouni Hamada: Cairo University , Egypt
- Mr Moahmed Karim: City University , London
- Mr Frank Gardner, BBC, London *
- Dr. Paul Frosh, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem , Jerusalem
- Dr Farida Viz, The Open University, UK
- Dr Sahar Khamis, Qatar University, Doah
- Mrs Aliaa Daoud, Qatar University , Doha
- Mr Ismail Patel: Friends of Al-Aqsa , UK
- Ms Rokhsana Fiaz: The Change Institute & New Formations, London
- Mr Leon Barkho: Jönköping University , Sweden
- Dr Philip Cass, Zayed University , Abu Dhabi
- Ms Rena Bivens, University of Glasgow
- Mr Dr. Yaron Katz, Holon Institute of Technology, Tel-Viv
- Mr Metin Ersoy, Eastern Mediterranean University , North Cyprus
- Ms Corina Mollin, London School of Economics , London
- Mr Hagai Van der Horst, SOAS, London
- Annelore Depres, Belgium
- Dr Yasmin Ibrahim, University of Brighton , UK
* (to be confirmed)

To guarantee your place, please send your registration form with
your payment as soon as possible to:

CAMMRO, PO Box: 561, Hayes, London UB3 9EP , UK
Or via e-mail: [email protected]; Tel: +44 (0) 7852 269 302; www.cammro.com
Attached is the registration form and conference flyer.
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6278929.stm
Palestinian girl dies of injuries

A 10-year-old Palestinian girl has died in hospital in Jerusalem, three days after being injured during an incident involving Israeli border police.

The child, Abir Aramin, was the daughter of a prominent Palestinian peace activist Bassam Aramin.

She came from the West Bank village of Anata where Israel is building a section of its West Bank barrier.

Palestinians say she was with two other girls in the village when an Israeli border police vehicle drove past.

Stones were thrown in the direction of the police, who responded with tear-gas and stun-grenades. The girl was hit in the head.

The border police have launched an investigation.

Regret

An Israeli border police spokeswoman said that they had used "crowd control means against stone throwers" protesting against the construction of Israel's controversial barrier.

DEATHS IN 2006
660 Palestinians killed by Israeli security services: 141 were children, and 322 had taken no part in hostile acts
23 Israelis were killed by Palestinians
Source: B'Tselem

Guide: West Bank barrier

"The border police expresses its regret over the death of the girl and hopes the circumstances of the incident are quickly revealed."

The Israeli human rights group B'Tselem has said that last year 660 Palestinians were killed by Israeli security forces. In the same period 23 Israeli civilians were killed by Palestinians.

Israel says the defensive system of concrete walls and wire fence is needed to stop suicide bombers. Palestinians say it is part of an Israeli land grab of West Bank territory.

Settlement freeze

Also on Friday, Israeli Defence Minister Amir Peretz ordered a freeze on the building of a new Jewish settlement of Meskiot in the West Bank, less than a month after saying it would go ahead.

A defence ministry official said Mr Peretz wanted to give the matter further consideration.

Last month's announcement that Israel would build its first new settlement in more than a decade prompted criticism from the Palestinians, the European Union and the United States.

The settlement was planned to house Israeli families who had moved from the Gaza Strip when settlers and troops left in 2005.

All settlements in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, are illegal under international law, although Israel rejects this.

The 2003 Middle East roadmap calls for a complete halt to all settlement activity.
The last two sentences piss me off the most.
abu_afak
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Invocation)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6278929.stm

The last two sentences piss me off the most.

Palestinian girl dies of injuries

A 10-year-old Palestinian girl has died in hospital in Jerusalem, three days after being injured during an incident involving Israeli border police.

The child, Abir Aramin, was the daughter of a prominent Palestinian peace activist Bassam Aramin.

She came from the West Bank village of Anata where Israel is building a section of its West Bank barrier.

Palestinians say she was with two other girls in the village when an Israeli border police vehicle drove past.

Stones were thrown in the direction of the police, who responded with tear-gas and stun-grenades. The girl was hit in the head.

The border police have launched an investigation.
Lets not get too pissed off yet Invocation, or go for a Jenin "Massacre" again or the much more similar.....
(my posting below from Jan 22, BBC above from Jan 19)

Al Dura II?

The investigations that exonerated Israel for the killing seven years ago of 12-year-old Mohammed Al-Dura did little to soothe the raging Muslim world.
Once again, Israel has been blamed for the killing of a 10-year-old Palestinian child, and the death is expected to fuel Arab hatred of Israel. As the AP reported on Friday:

Meanwhile, the 10-year-old daughter of a Palestinian peace activist died Friday after being struck int he head days earlier by a rubber bullet fired by Israeli security forces in the West Bank. Abir Aramin's death was expected to further fan Arab anger against Israel.

Likewise, Greg Myre of the New York Times duly noted Saturday:

A 10-year-old Palestinian girl, Abir Aramin, died Friday from wounds sustained when she was hit by fire from the Israeli border police on Tuesday in the West Bank town of Anata, near Jerusalem, Palestinian witnesses and relatives said. Abir and her classmates were on recess from school when the Israeli forces fired on stone-throwing Palestinians with rubber bullets and stun grenades, according to the Palestinians.

Today, however, Ha'aretz reports that an autopsy ruled out rubber bullets as the cause of the fatal injury:

Ten-year-old Abir Aramin was apparently killed by a blunt object, and not by a rubber bullet, as some eyewitnesses claimed, according to the autopsy findings. . .

Police sources said on Sunday that autopsy findings indicated Aramin could have been killed by concussion from a shock grenade or by a thrown rock. However, they said, the findings were inconsistent with her having been killed by a rubber bullet: No bullet wounds were found on her body, and the skull injury that caused her death was a large one, whereas rubber bullets, even if they do not penetrate, usually make small wounds.

The autopsy was performed last Friday at the Institute of Forensic Medicine in Abu Kabir, with a pathologist hired by Aramin's family in attendance. ("Girl allegedly killed by Border Police may have been hit by rock")

Thus, it appears that stone-throwing Palestinians, as opposed to Israeli border police firing rubber bullets (as initially reported), may very well have been responsible for the death of Aramin. The question remains how quickly and effectively media outlets can undo the damage.

CAMERA has contacted the AP and New York Times to request an update on this development. Stay tuned.

http://blog.camera.org/archives/2007/01/post_19.html
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What do you think of the last two sentences of the article, wiseguy ?
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd say they are pretty irrelevant to the rest of the article.
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not irrelevent to the society...
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
I'd say they are pretty irrelevant to the rest of the article.
There's a section called ''settlement freeze''.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Funny how they never comment on the illegally occupied territories.

"We're too good for international law"
Invocation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
...while they **** all over the 2003 roadmap. Seriously who buys this jibber-jabber ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (907)
79.98%
Leave (227)
20.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed