Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invocation)
    Am I right, Evil Tuna, when I think us two are the only ones left active in this society ?
    I look in occasionally, usually just reading, not posting.

and yes, Helzerel, I do regard Israel as a country. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *titanium*)
    Yes this has happened... suicide bombings increased due to finanical incentives. The families would get payed $10,000, as 'compensation' and this is just off. The PA used internation aid to compensate families ie encourage suicide bombers. Israel also has a right to protect her self and by getting rid of this financial incentive, it reduced attacks.
    Proof? You make it out like every house bulldozed had a suicide bomber in; which is a gross overstatement and you know it.
    The security fence for example but attacks by 95% and you still look for some way to try and prove it was not done to stop attacks. I remember someone saying it was in reality to stop palestinians from the west bank escaping in to Israel, as if Israel isnt allowed to stop illegal imergation.
    *Wall. Is this the same wall that effectively makes parts of the Palestinian territories the largest open aired prison on Earth ? And why are you even mentioning the wall, if you are going to try and rebuke me, don't make things up.

You have to realise something about house demolitions, there is a reason why these house demolished for a buffer zone are not legitimate. This buffer zone exsisted for a long time, palestinians started building houses there with out permission, attacks increase, so Israel demolishes the houses to restore the buffer zone, its quite really, its easy to critisize the move when you take it out of perspective, but when its taken as part of the wider picture, its a legitimate move.
    Which happens to be illegal ? You're not fooling anyone. And what's your stance on Israel demolishing homes to make way for Israeli settlements ?

In the UK we also have a thing called planning permission. If you where to breach it then you would be taken to court, but the ultimate result would be exactly the same, if you dont get rid of it, the council will.
    :rofl: Are you ****ing kidding me ? We're not talking about Palestinians building houses on Israeli land. We're talking about Palestinian houses already established being demolished to make way for Israeli homes. And I can't believe you just tried to liken the bureaucracy of the UK to the situation of Palestine. And why, pray tell, would these people need to get permission to build on their own land ?:rolleyes: Seriously you defy the laws of logic. I can discuss this with Apagg and Carl, but you have no idea what you're saying. It's embarrassing and incredibly tedious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    I look in occasionally, usually just reading, not posting.
    What happened to your Palestine flag ?

ReputationRep:
    Your contradicting yourself because first you say its a big prision and secondly their land. Well if its their land then Israel is just building a fence on the border yes it is a fence since 95% is a fence and 5% wall which is only a tiny area around jurusalem because palestinian snipers used to shoot at schools in Jurusalem from the westbank. If its a prision then surley that must be Israels land for them and there be no border, you cant have your cake and eat it. If france built a border fence on its border with Germany would this be creating a prison?

Israel kept a buffer zone, palestians built houses there so Israel got rid of it, why sohlud Israel have to sit back and let palestinians attack? They should be abale ot and are taking matter in to their own hands.

and yes there are more than those 2 reasons of buffer zone in gaza and the familys of suicide bombers, there to make way for the security fence which incidently is half on Israel proper and half on gaza so plenty of Israelis are 'in the same boat' but of course you conveniantly cut things like that out of the picture.

and look at this heres your source for you http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/2846365.stm

ReputationRep:
    Your contradicting yourself because first you say its a big prision and secondly their land.
    No, it is their land. But heavy restrictions on freedom of movement, economic crippling, and curfews force it to effectively become a prison.

Well if its their land then Israel is just building a fence on the border
    Wrong gain, believe it or not Palestinian homes have been demolished to make way for an wall.
    yes it is a fence since 95% is a fence and 5% wall
    :laugh: Do you even read what you write ? Those statistics are purely fabricated and that logic must beyond me :p:
    which is only a tiny area around jurusalem because palestinian snipers used to shoot at schools in Jurusalem from the westbank. If its a prision then surley that must be Israels land for them and there be no border,
    You either mistook my point when I said as "effectively" or you are purposely trying to misquote me. Either way you make no sense.
    you cant have your cake and eat it. If france built a border fence on its border with Germany would this be creating a prison?
    No. The situation is completely uncomparable. If France built an illegal wall around Germany, crippled their economy, heavily restricted freedom of movement, and installed curfews; then yes it would be a prison.

Israel kept a buffer zone, palestians built houses there so Israel got rid of it,
    No, Israel have been demolishing homes to make way for the illegal wall, and make way for illegal Israeli settlements( I have no idea how many times I have to tell you this before it actually sinks in)
    why sohlud Israel have to sit back and let palestinians attack? They should be abale ot and are taking matter in to their own hands.
    Yes! Like demolish their homes, then make the new ones Israeli. Problem solved! :rolleyes:
    and yes there are more than those 2 reasons of buffer zone in gaza and the familys of suicide bombers, there to make way for the security fence which incidently is half on Israel proper and half on gaza so plenty of Israelis are 'in the same boat' but of course you conveniantly cut things like that out of the picture.
    You conveniently leave out the fact that the majority of homes being demolished have been for making way for the illegal wall, or illegal settlements. How many suicide bombers have been in the last two years compared to the houses demolished ? It just doesn't add up, and you know it.

An why have you still not answered the question:
    What do you think of the illegal Israeli settlements ?

And furthermore, what do you think of the sonic booms purposely keeping them awake at night?
    Don't bother replying if you don't answer these two :rolleyes:
    and look at this heres your source for you http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/2846365.stm
    Errm, in case you haven't noticed, Saddam lost his influence quite some time ago.:rolleyes: So why why would that be relevent to the present demolishing of homes ?

ReputationRep:
    i cant even talk to you, you stuff the word illegal in to every sentance, thinking your clever and try and over compesate for a lack of any argument by telling me thinks are incomparable or i dont know what im talking about, hand way to escape what im saying eh? try actualy responding to what i saw with logic rather than your nonsense. Oh wait you cant since the logic is the palestinians attack attack attack and Israel is simply doing what it must to defend itself agianst animals.

ReputationRep:
    i cant even talk to you, you stuff the word illegal in to every sentance,
    I haven't lied once. They are illegal.

thinking your clever and try and over compesate for a lack of any argument by telling me thinks are incomparable or i dont know what im talking about, hand way to escape what im saying eh? try actualy responding to what i saw with logic rather than your nonsense. Oh wait you cant since the logic is the palestinians attack attack attack and Israel is simply doing what it must to defend itself agianst animals.
    The sheer irony. And I hardly see how sonic booming civilians at night to keep them awake is any sort of "defence strategy". And surprise surprise, you still haven't answered my questions. :rolleyes: In fact don't bother replying to this if you still refuse to answer the two questions at hand.

ReputationRep:
    Then what makes them illegal. Why should 900,000 palestinians get to live in Israel but theres huge opposition to jews living in the westbank, and we are talking about palestinians in Israel who want to destroy Israel. If the Palestinians where not attacking there would be no fence no check points no demolishions.

Look at what you are saying you critisize my 95% fence 5% wall comment yet you dont say why, yet my comment is fact.

You keep talking about israeli planes buzzing them but i have never heard of this and so it would make it a 1 off if it has happened, yet you seem to give this huge importance.

ReputationRep:
    Then what makes them illegal. Why should 900,000 palestinians get to live in Israel but theres huge opposition to jews living in the westbank, and we are talking about palestinians in Israel who want to destroy Israel. If the Palestinians where not attacking there would be no fence no check points no demolishions.
    There's a difference between immigration, and forcefully uprooting family homes to make way for illegal settlements and illegal walls. And it's illegal all right.

Illegal wall:
    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0930-07.htm
    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0710-02.htm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3879057.stm
    http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engmde150162004

Illegal settlements:
    http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/ne...0524cofs.shtml
    http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/settlements.html
    http://www.btselem.org/English/Publi..._Land_Grab.asp
    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0321-01.htm
    Look at what you are saying you critisize my 95% fence 5% wall comment yet you dont say why, yet my comment is fact.
    1. After numerous requests you still haven't backed that claim up.
    2. Even if what you claim is true, how can you say it's a fence and then say it's not fully a fence in the same sentence; and expect to be taken seriously ?

You keep talking about israeli planes buzzing them but i have never heard of this and so it would make it a 1 off if it has happened, yet you seem to give this huge importance.
    Totally and utterly wrong.

See, I can back up my claims, you can't. :rolleyes: I don't mean to come of as an aggressive debater but you're giving me no choice. And please answer those two earlier questions.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier

look 100,000 jews displaced by the fence and it shows its 90% fence 10% wall, however thats now since by the time its finished it will be 95%.

Ok then Israeli planes buzz them, and how many rockets are fired at Israel everyday? No one is going to say Israel is trying to be good to the Palestinians but look what the palestinians are doing, when you look at the huge diffrence in the balance of powers, Israel has shown unbelivably huge restraint, they could crush the palestinians and yet the Palestinians are living in a situation 1000 times better to the ones they try and liken themselves to.

I have seen accounts from Palestinians, of how they welcome the curfus since it stoped violence and how they had more fredom under israels 'brutal military occupation'

Fact of the matter is if the Palestinians had leaders that where more interested in the people then fighting Israel, they would get somewhere, look at arafat who took international aid away from the palestinians to give to terrorist groups look at Hamas who wont even accept Israels right to exsist when doing so would make things so much better for the Palestinians.

Israel is fighting back, but their leaders are the real criminals, who instead of doing whats good for the people they decide to keep trying to kill more jews.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier

look 100,000 jews displaced by the fence and it shows its 90% fence 10% wall, however thats now since by the time its finished it will be 95%.
    Please don't insinuate that this has affected Jews more than Palestinians. What a ridiculous thing to do. The wall has crippled the Palestinian economy. Unemployment is at 47% or so. Poverty is rife. Need I go on ?

Ok then Israeli planes buzz them, and how many rockets are fired at Israel everyday? No one is going to say Israel is trying to be good to the Palestinians but look what the palestinians are doing, when you look at the huge diffrence in the balance of powers, Israel has shown unbelivably huge restraint, they could crush the palestinians and yet the Palestinians are living in a situation 1000 times better to the ones they try and liken themselves to
    Your side has this long standing tradition of trying to divert attention.:rolleyes: You've missed the point completely once again. Israel is using psychological warfare holding the Palestinian civilians hostage effectively saying "If you keep supporting your democratically elected government, you will get no sleep, and we will continue to sonic boom you". Pathetic.

I have seen accounts from Palestinians, of how they welcome the curfus since it stoped violence and how they had more fredom under israels 'brutal military occupation'
    This keeps getting better and better. :laugh:
    Fact of the matter is if the Palestinians had leaders that where more interested in the people then fighting Israel, they would get somewhere, look at arafat who took international aid away from the palestinians to give to terrorist groups look at Hamas who wont even accept Israels right to exsist when doing so would make things so much better for the Palestinians.
    Don't try to tread that line. Hamas was completely democratically elected.
    Israel is fighting back (using illegal, inhumane, immoral methods), but their leaders are the real criminals, who instead of doing whats good for the people they decide to keep trying to kill more jews.
    Corrected. And I still don't see how uprooting Palestinian homes to make way for Jewish one's is anything to do with "security". Now answer the other question. Your stance on illegal settlements ?

ReputationRep:
    Am I right, Evil Tuna, when I think us two are the only ones left active in this society ?
    Seems like it sometimes. Farhan used to be around a lot, dunno where he got to.

ReputationRep:
    ''israeli planes buzzing''

What does that mean? Planes can buzz now can they? Like on IM?
    If he means sonic booms, then he's a misinformed IDF pride whatchamacallit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yea ive decided to become active in this society. Invocation and evil tuna where you guys from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    Hey, yea ive decided to become active in this society. Invocation and evil tuna where you guys from?
    Right now, I hail from aber.

ReputationRep:
    ah cool, so neither of you originally Palestinian?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm a Brit. Welcome to the soc asad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - can you tell me how to get a palestinian flag up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    ah cool, so neither of you originally Palestinian?
    Nope.

And to get a Palestinian flag.. go to user cp then, ''edit profile'' and you can choose it there.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to your Palestine flag ?
    it's in my er..........bag. :ninja:

a better question is: where's yours?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.