Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Mandarin is soooo difficult! Coz' its hard to get your tongue round it. I'm chinese.. but still can't figure it out.
    Yes, I heard the r and l have the same sound!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    omg have you seen the amount of languages????????

Good innit? Not sure how available the more obscure ones are though, but always worth checking it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateB)
    I wish I'd known this site was here whilst I was waiting for my letter. Would have been good to have some people to worry with! Anyway:

(a) College? Emmanuel
    (b) Subject? Philosophy
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay
    (d) Didn't really expect anything. The first interview went quite well but the woman in the second interview was very scary. I had no idea how the written test went either. But I know it didn't go terribly.
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? AAA - in History, Maths, Sociology and English
    (f) Thoughts? Happy. Wasn't sure if I was going to take it before I got the offer - I love the course at UCL/Kings as well. But I don't think I'm really going to refuse it now.
    (g) 1st preference now if nay? Cambridge, with UCL or Kings as second choice, probably Kings

Well done to everybody, even the people who didn't get in. As everyone has already said, it's the university's loss. There are plenty of people who don't even have the guts to apply.

well done... i got a similar offer from king's, AAA in english, history, german and music... do i still have to do all four A2s? lazy me would rather concentrate on just getting 3 As

ReputationRep:
    Mandarin is soooo difficult! Coz' its hard to get your tongue round it. I'm chinese.. but still can't figure it out.
    ahh I can speak Mandarin

ReputationRep:
    omg have you seen the amount of languages????????
    WOW, that and the university copyright library with a copy of every book ever printed in english and i'm in heaven!! 6 million books and 140 languages, that's cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hells Bells)
    "bravery is hanging on one minute longer" in your case for the post, be brave!!

I cant hang on.......It is total agony! Ah well.....at least if they have rejected me I still have a little hope by not knowing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    ahh I can speak Mandarin
    WHee lucky you! I can't.. just malay and very bad mandarin. Everyone laughs.

ReputationRep:
    WOW, that and the university copyright library with a copy of every book ever printed in english and i'm in heaven!!
    I cannot begin to imagine the feeling of joy you are experiencing! I hope by next week I can though

ReputationRep:
    ok really have to go and work on my spanish now, adios chicos y chicas, buena suerte!

ReputationRep:
    ok really have to go and work on my spanish now, adios chicos y chicas, buena suerte!

Ciao......

ReputationRep:
    WHee lucky you! I can't.. just malay and very bad mandarin. Everyone laughs.
    Practice makes perfect doesn't it? Beside, you can call yourself a comedian by making people laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I cant hang on.......It is total agony! Ah well.....at least if they have rejected me I still have a little hope by not knowing!
    Hehe finally someone who understands me.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe finally someone who understands me.
    If I were Cambridge, I would not want to put my prospective students through such a nightmare. Cambridge has dominated my life for soo long. If I were to be rejected I shall be bitter for so long....everytime I hear 'Cambridge' my blood will boil

I'm so bitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Practice makes perfect doesn't it? Beside, you can call yourself a comedian by making people laugh.
    Hehe Nah they just think I'm stupid. Esp my grandma! I speak half malay half chinese, half jiggy dance with her. And she laughs all the time... hehe.

ReputationRep:
    If I were Cambridge, I would not want to put my prospective students through such a nightmare. Cambridge has dominated my life for soo long. If I were to be rejected I shall be bitter for so long....everytime I hear 'Cambridge' my blood will boil

I'm so bitter.
    If i ever got in.. I'd be nice to every single prospective student and log in every christmas to this forum to cheer them up. Please God. I'll sacrifice my christmas and new year to ehlp all those hopefuls. Please!

ReputationRep:
    There are other Universities too, you know...

ReputationRep:
    did anyone receive reading lists with their offers, or is it standard practise not to send them until easter as my college seems to do? i applied for english and post-offer, having come down from cloud nine into january module revision (but i only have one 90 mins history exam- what's this about lilsunflower working all through the night?), twould be interesting to find out ish how it is we are going to be studying in october... this october... wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yes, but do they offer 140 languages and every book ever published?
    And are they in such magnificent settings? With such outstanding teaching and resource?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Not what I want though. I'll be at Notts when Cam reject me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leda swanson)
    what's this about lilsunflower working all through the night?)
    Lolz it's just me being nuts. I haven't studied at all and have 3 math modules to do. 2 of which I can vaguely remember..

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.