Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leda swanson)
    did anyone receive reading lists with their offers, or is it standard practise not to send them until easter as my college seems to do?
    I haven't got my reading list yet. It'll be interesting to see how many database books I'll have to read. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I received a reading list for NS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Yes, but do they offer 140 languages and every book ever published?
    And are they in such magnificent settings? With such outstanding teaching and resource?
    Yes, but at the end of the day, it's just a University, albeit a lovely one, and you'll do just as well wherever you study. I do hope you get an offer though.

ReputationRep:
    I just received enlightenment.

If I get rejected:
    1. I don't have to work so hard. Coz' I have ABB and BBB offers from manchester, notts, and leeds so far. So 2004 will be a holiday for me.
    2. I can **** off cambridge and be a b**ch for once about something.
    3. No one will ask me anymore questions.

If I get pooled:
    I'll dunk myself into the swimming pool and try staying at the bottom of it.

If I get accepted:
    That hasn't been decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)

If I get rejected:
    1. I don't have to work so hard. Coz' I have ABB and BBB offers from manchester, notts, and leeds so far. So 2004 will be a holiday for me.

If I get pooled:

If I get accepted:
    And when do you find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yes, but at the end of the day, it's just a University, albeit a lovely one, and you'll do just as well wherever you study. I do hope you get an offer though.
    Thanks for your hoping for me!

I dont think I'll do just as well elsewhere! I need to explore issues indepth in supervisions!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    And when do you find out?
    Earliest (if Downing fax me) by Monday.
    Earliest (if they post it) in 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:

If I get rejected:

If I get pooled:

If I get accepted:
    I so dont want to have to go through phase one or two

ReputationRep:
    I so dont want to have to go through phase one or two
    I'll hope really hard for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'll hope really hard for you.
    And me for you too!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm going to stop playing minesweeper now. Finally won after a big losing streak. I LOVE MSN minesweeper Whee. Gosh I can't wait to go out tomorrow to the beach and have fun. It'll takemy mind off things.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm going to stop playing minesweeper now. Finally won after a big losing streak. I LOVE MSN minesweeper Whee. Gosh I can't wait to go out tomorrow to the beach and have fun. It'll takemy mind off things.

You are so lucky you can go to the beach and take your mind of things! And you keep complaining about life in Brunei?????

ReputationRep:
    You are so lucky you can go to the beach and take your mind of things! And you keep complaining about life in Brunei?????
    It is pretty bad. And I'm not kidding.. it's just repressive. Like I can't even HOLD HANDS with my boyfriend on the beach. Or wear sleeveless tops.. and its a freaking 32 degrees celcius here. But the beach is 5 mins walk away and the entire country is shoreline. Very nice.. but yeh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicwoman)
    Hi

I applied to Sidney Sussex to read Music and got the same as you - 'no decision', which I guessed meant I was pooled, since the pooling letter came with it.

I'm wondering just how many music students there are this year? I don't know about you, but I've been on interview to other respected Music unis and hardly met ANY cambridge applicants. 3 for Selwyn, that's all. Where the hell are they all?

How did your inteviews go and what are you doing musically?

x
    hey, i applied to do music at Kings and got pooled....guess a jazz saxophonist aint their thang!!!!! lol! Good luck in the pool!

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty bad. And I'm not kidding.. it's just repressive. Like I can't even HOLD HANDS with my boyfriend on the beach. Or wear sleeveless tops.. and its a freaking 32 degrees celcius here. But the beach is 5 mins walk away and the entire country is shoreline. Very nice.. but yeh...
    Oh that doesnt sound very good....why dont you rebel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hells Bells)
    WOW, that and the university copyright library with a copy of every book ever printed in english and i'm in heaven!! 6 million books and 140 languages, that's cool!
    Not quite every book printed in English. Legal deposit libraries are entitled to a copy of every book published in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that doesnt sound very good....why dont you rebel?
    Have you heard of people in Afghanistan under the Talibans rebelling? Hehe.. we just don't.

ReputationRep:
    I think we must be the only two Oxbridge applicants still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of people in Afghanistan under the Talibans rebelling? Hehe.. we just don't.
    What would happen if you wore a bikini at the beach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicwoman)
    I didn't say it was the most highly regarded, just the most academic, meaning the greatest proportion of history and theory over practical. There are many other highly regarded Music courses in the country: those favouring performance might prefer to apply to a music college or conservatiore, like the RCM. Other places, like York for example, gives performance high status in its degree, although you can choose, in each module, to be assessed in a variety of ways, performance being just one of them. Another is Royal Holloway which, like Cambridge, has a 5* research grade and is great academically but is also now in partnership with the RCM. If you're a good enough performer you can get a place on the partnership and have the best of both worlds.

If I dont get into Cam I shall probably take the Royal Holloway option (and doss for the rest of the year on a 3 Bs offer!!) but I really liked the Cam course because I am the sad git who actually likes doing harmony and counterpoint!!
    i went to Royal Holloway....did you not find the music department a bit isolated, and small? Where else did ya apply to? Which college u apply to?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.