Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Awww.. no not yet. I guess they're gonna tell me on Monday. I don't know why the admissions office aren't open from Friday to Sunday. Weird eh? You think they're having a long holiday? Grrr.. if only I could just ring them up to check if they were open. But thanks for asking. I just don't like waiting. If I get rejected, then I know that for the whole 2004 I don't need to work too hard and can still get into a good uni. So yeh, I need to know my status before I make plans on whether to work hard or not. hehe.. pretty lame! but true.
    Ow..bad luck . hope all goes well for you on Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Ow..bad luck . hope all goes well for you on Monday
    Yeppers! Did you apply to cambridge too and get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    Yeppers! Did you apply to cambridge too and get a reply?
    No, didn't apply to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    bad luck, sure mon will bring better news!!

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? Downing
    (b) Subject? Engineering
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? pooled
    (d) Expected? CONFUSED
    (e) Offer requirements if yay?
    (f) Thoughts ?
    I feel very very very confused... does it mean I have been rejected??? Could someone explain to me??!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    (a) College? Downing
    (b) Subject? Engineering
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? pooled
    (d) Expected? CONFUSED
    (f) Thoughts ?
    I feel very very very confused... does it mean I have been rejected??? Could someone explain to me??!!!!
    Pooled means you're good enough to go to cambridge, but v. high competition for places in your college means they probs don't have a place for you. So all the colleges with places will pick out the best from the pool to fill the gaps.

Therefore...if you're better than everyone else in the pool, your initial college may still offer you a place!

Hope this helps

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Pooled means you're good enough to go to cambridge, but v. high competition for places in your college means they probs don't have a place for you. So all the colleges with places will pick out the best from the pool to fill the gaps.

Therefore...if you're better than everyone else in the pool, your initial college may still offer you a place!

Hope this helps

G
    Thanks
    So chances are getting slimmer and slimmer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    Thanks
    So chances are getting slimmer and slimmer...
    My friend applied to cambridge for engineering too, and he got put in the pool. I was really surprised...cos i reckon he's one of the strongest candidates..so unless his interview didnt go so well...

Anyway...he got a letter telling him that chances of being picked from the pool is 5%...not that great..but you guys still got a shot...

Good luck

G

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? trinity
    (b) Subject? natsci
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? nay
    (d) Expected? first yay then nay then yay
    (f) Thoughts ? confused and irritated, but this means that i don't have to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappucino)
    (a) College? trinity
    (b) Subject? natsci
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? nay
    (d) Expected? first yay then nay then yay
    (f) Thoughts ? confused and irritated, but this means that i don't have to study
    Hey.. poo about you geting rejected but hey! great positive thinking.. enjoy 2004 to the max and then get ready to start studying for whatever great uni you'll be at next year. take care

ReputationRep:
    Hey.. where is Hamburg?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.. where is Hamburg?
    Germany.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.. where is Hamburg?
    Germany

G

ReputationRep:
    To gzftan

I wanted to give you a reputation thingy, as well as other nice people on the forum but they said I gave out too much reputation which is so not true! I haven't given any at all.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you because you've been encouraging not only me but ALL the other anxious, disappointed or upset people in this forum even though you've got every right to be prancing around celebrating your acceptance.

Hehe.. hope you get to read this! I've thanked you once before, but yeh, this time wanted to point it out to others who have benefitted from some nice-ness. Somehow these forums are so full of stress and other high strung emotions that it's easy to forget kindness.

ReputationRep:
    To gzftan

I wanted to give you a reputation thingy, as well as other nice people on the forum but they said I gave out too much reputation which is so not true! I haven't given any at all.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you because you've been encouraging not only me but ALL the other anxious, disappointed or upset people in this forum even though you've got every right to be prancing around celebrating your acceptance.

Hehe.. hope you get to read this! I've thanked you once before, but yeh, this time wanted to point it out to others who have benefitted from some nice-ness. Somehow these forums are so full of stress and other high strung emotions that it's easy to forget kindness.
    Lol! Don't worry about it....that's what this forum is supposed to be about surely?? Anyway....its no fun if you've got something to be happy about and you can't share it with other people.

And to be honest...i don't give two hoots about reputation really...its just little green bars under your name...lol!

G

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry...you deserved to get in!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry...you deserved to get in!

G
    Well its okie.. thanks again. Me off to sleep now. It's kinda hard to sit in front of the computer crying my eyes out Didn't know it would feel so bad but it does. See ya

ReputationRep:
    Well its okie.. thanks again. Me off to sleep now. It's kinda hard to sit in front of the computer crying my eyes out Didn't know it would feel so bad but it does. See ya
    Babe so sorry , anyway, not the end of the world right! Chin up, and smile if u can!

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected
    I'm so sorry... I was really hoping you'd get in. I hope you're not taking it too hard; your other choices are still excellent, and you should feel none the worse for them.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.