Cambridge rejections/acceptances Watch

This discussion is closed.
Seer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
A lot of Classicists get pooled to New Hall, who come bottom of the league tables quite often. Does this have any relevance?
Possibly, I'm not sure, depends on the comparable difference in difficult of degrees aswell as students.

My point is, it's most likely that the least qualified applicants will be studying these subjects, but it's not necessarily a certainty.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I had my heart set on Christ's since Year 11. Look how that turned out
ye exactly i was thinking abt Kings more than any other college in yr 11
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
I didn't say it would be, just thought it may influence your decision. The more information you have about a college the better it helps you make up your mind if it's the one for you. Don't get defensive
I know all about Peterhouse, and of its reputation.
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
there u go....u do have quite a strong interest in philosophy! i dont know many people who could read and enjoy all those!
I haven't read any of them and I haven't indicated I'm interested per se. But I know their difficulty and their subject matter and they are just MORE interesting than Mill.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
liz what have u applied for?
MEDICINE! raa
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
@ Tek - incidentally, I think it can only be to your advantage to 'be an early bird'. The more time you have to organise yourself for application the more informed, prepared and focussed you will be.
al65
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
I know all about Peterhouse, and of its reputation.
have u actually visited urself though??
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
@ Tek - incidentally, I think it can only be to your advantage to 'be an early bird'. The more time you have to organise yourself for application the more informed, prepared and focussed you will be.
Yeah, but it's all the more painful if you don't get in; not to say you won't Tek
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
I haven't read any of them and I haven't indicated I'm interested per se. But I know their difficulty and their subject matter and they are just MORE interesting than Mill.
aghhhh i give up trying to prove u love philosophy!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

--

How much preparation did your school give you all?
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
No I'm saying it shouldn't lower the calibre of the subject, and it doesn't, it lowers its perceived calibre.

btw the odds suggest that classicists/theologians/those studying Nordic and Celtic will be the worst qualified. Yes, it's not necessarily true, but very likely
Worst qualified?
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by al65)
have u actually visited urself though??
Of course.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
Yeah, but it's all the more painful if you don't get in; not to say you won't Tek
ye coz ive been thinking of applying to cam for abt 3 yrs .....so.... oh...i dont wanna think abt it!
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
aghhhh i give up trying to prove u love philosophy!
Awww, a shame after that monumental two line effort :P
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
Worst qualified?
Yes. As in worst gcses, A levels.
al65
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Of course.
This early!!?? Wow u really r an early bird...but I suppose if u now know what u want u can give it ur best shot
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
Yes, I agree, and I expect I shall be extremely disappointed if I don't get in, and whilst I shall work very hard and use every underhand! trick to ensure that does not happen, I can in the end only do my best.
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tek)

--

Looked over my personal statement and asked me to go to one practice general interview (which i bunked) and 2 subject interviews (one of which I flunked [wasn't arsed with it], one of which I bunked!)
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tek)

--

my school just brought in some woman from cam who basically gave us a talk repeating the stuff on interviews from the website. one of my teachers who went to cam was a lot more helpful and just gave me loads of good personal advice. i wouldnt rely on ur school to much, tho having said that i met some people at my interview who were given loadz of prep at their private schools.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Yes, I agree, and I expect I shall be extremely disappointed if I don't get in, and whilst I shall work very hard and use every underhand! trick to ensure that does not happen, I can in the end only do my best.
The best you can do is get perfect module marks so that you get an interview, the find out all you can about your interviewers etc and their research so that you can wow them into offering you a place good luck.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed