Cambridge rejections/acceptances Watch

This discussion is closed.
Seer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bernie)
what can you mean, 'if'? but certainly oxford sucks. where did you apply to?
As in you're not guaranteed a place? :P
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by keithy)
wow
yea... 12 hours of flight (well 24 in total)
just for 3 20min interviews...
crana
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, i guess if you live so close, you have a much better chance of getting it tomorrow. That's how it works round here, anyway... but I don't have much understanding of the wonderous postal system.

Had a slightly weird dream about letter last night... arg.

Rosie

P.S. Has anyone else applied to Pembroke Natsci Bio?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana)
Hey guys,

Just a quick thought and that is, even if the letters are all posted today, it's not particularly sure they will get here tomorrow.

I know they are being sent 1st class but unless they were sent first thing this morning they might not get here by tomorrow...

Plus, no post on Thurs (bank holiday), so they might come tomorrow but perhaps Friday is a safer bet

Rosie
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY DAYS! I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER!
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
Good luck!!

medicine is very competitive I guess you must have excellent grades
how did your interview go?
I didn't do spectacularly well at AS-Level, but hoping to make up for it soon Clare is one of those places that looks more at all the aspects of the applicant's application e.g. extra-curricular, work experience, etc. which I have quite a lot of.

Interview was very tough, came out feeling I did okay. They kept pushing me.

How was your interview?
Camford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana)
Yeah, i guess if you live so close, you have a much better chance of getting it tomorrow. That's how it works round here, anyway... but I don't have much understanding of the wonderous postal system.

Rosie

Pembroke CompSci. Finally someone else applied to Pem.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana)

Rosie

dont worry most of us have been thru the weird dream thing!
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
akk 713 is it true Anita Mui has died?
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
I didn't do spectacularly well at AS-Level, but hoping to make up for it soon Clare is one of those places that looks more at all the aspects of the applicant's application e.g. extra-curricular, work experience, etc. which I have quite a lot of.

How was your interview?
My interview was initially going well but then at the end the guy asked me a really simple differentiation question which I stuck and couldn't do (because my brain kept thinking they wouldn't ask me anything simple so it was in the complicated mode and ironically couldn't do something easy). Then he gave me hints and I got it

The second interview was fine and I managed to get questions right. The last one was... I don't know how to describe that but i felt I was saying rubbish and my interviewer was kinda emotionless (ie no facial expression) but then he finally prompted me and I think I got the right answer.

didn't wanna have so much hope though...
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
akk 713 is it true Anita Mui has died?
yes!! Very very sad

big big news here

you know her??!!
crana
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Pembroke CompSci. Finally someone else applied to Pem.
hey

I think i've "talked" to you before regarding pem, but I could be wrong 2 othergirls from my school have applied to Pem, for engineering and medicine, but I havent seen anyone apart from you on here that's applied there.

I didn't meet any other bio natscis at interview either, but that could be because I wasn't very well and stayed away from people most of the time!

PS. Did you see the portrait of the man with the square beard in the dining hall? it's on the wall with the entrance in it... I am intrigued by this man.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes!! Very very sad

big big news here

you know her??!!
I read the news. Too bad isn't it.
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I read the news. Too bad isn't it.
yeah she had got cancer and still had 8 personal concerts last month and went to China for some sort of functions, wearing spagetti in a freezing place.
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

How was your interview?
What other colleges look at the whole picture of the applicant?
In all my interviews they asked me about my personal interest but I wonder if they did it just for putting me at ease or those things did count.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What other colleges look at the whole picture of the applicant?
In all my interviews they asked me about my personal interest but I wonder if they did it just for putting me at ease or those things did count.
Everything counts at interviews Usually for international applicants they tend to ask more about personal interests.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where Has Everyone Gone?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where Has Everyone Gone?
im still here...dunno bout every1 else!
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
im still here...dunno bout every1 else!
Hello. Seems like the buzz has died down, or everyone has gone to get some lunch
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello. Seems like the buzz has died down, or everyone has gone to get some lunch
yep think they were all too hungry
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
back soon

for dinner not lunch you're on the right track
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
26.74%
No (137)
73.26%

Watched Threads