Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey did any letters arrive today???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Hey did any letters arrive today???????????
    one mature student got an offer...the rest of us still wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    one mature student got an offer...the rest of us still wait!

I am soooo upset I applied to a mature college and havent heard anything at all!!! It wasn't huges though, it was Wolfson. I am considering calling them today.......

I guess they dont want to spoil my new year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    I didn't do spectacularly well at AS-Level, but hoping to make up for it soon Clare is one of those places that looks more at all the aspects of the applicant's application e.g. extra-curricular, work experience, etc. which I have quite a lot of.

Interview was very tough, came out feeling I did okay. They kept pushing me.

How was your interview?
    Hi, I recently had a Theology interview at Selwyn........I also got the feeling that they were pushing me; the whole interview was almost entirely focussed on extracts I was sent beforehand, nothing on my PS or the work I sent in (which I would have been really happy to have talked about!). It seemed quite tough, with the two interviewers always challenging what I said or asking things such as "Where's that in the extract?". It gave me a lot of chance to bring in background knowledge of the subject, but I was so stressed out by the end of it. I've heard that Oxbridge tutors can spot good candidates from what they see on paper (PS, Questionaire, Reference, work, etc) and that they ask them harder questions to challenge them; with weaker candidates, they don't bother making things too diffucult for them in the interview. One of my friends was recently rejected from Oxford to read English and he got the feeling that they didn't challenge him enough to allow him to show what he was capible off.

If I could only cryogenically freeze myself until tommorrow, I'm so bored waiting!!!

ReputationRep:
    Still no news then?

Here's a question -

If you don't get in, will you reapply next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Still no news then?

Here's a question -

Who is this directed to?

ReputationRep:
    depends if i get into durham, my second choice, hopefully not!! lol

ReputationRep:
    Who is this directed to?
    Everyone and anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here waiting for durham??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Still no news then?

Here's a question -

i wouldnt want to waste a year plus im sure id still be happy with my other choices......still im so attached to this cam thing its quite worrying¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Everyone and anyone.
    Well Im getting on a bit...so If UCL or LSE would have be then I'd probably accept.....

But then again...I've waited this long, I may as well try another year. And with the experience of the admissions process gained this year, I may fare better next time.

ReputationRep:
    ps going to change my tagline, any good oscar wilde quotes people??
    was thinking about " A Handbag!?!?!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i wouldnt want to waste a year plus im sure id still be happy with my other choices......still im so attached to this cam thing its quite worrying¬
    I can understand that. Although, whilst a year stands for 6% of your life now, it will only be 1.5% in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hells Bells)
    Anyone else here waiting for durham??
    Yep, only Durham and Cambridge haven't replied yet. Durham doesn't get very many Theology applicants anyway, so I wonder what's taking so long. My second choice is Edinburgh though.

ReputationRep:
    Well Im getting on a bit...so If UCL or LSE would have be then I'd probably accept.....

But then again...I've waited this long, I may as well try another year. And with the experience of the admissions process gained this year, I may fare better next time.
    Next year you'd be competing with all the 16/17 year olds who are trying to avoid top up fees in 2006.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I can understand that. Although, whilst a year stands for 6% of your life now, it will only be 1.5% in the long run.
    Yes, a very good perspective. It's quite worrying how attached people get to oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Hey newbie!! which college at durham? ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    Next year you'd be competing with all the 16/17 year olds who are trying to avoid top up fees in 2006.
    I wouldnt, cos I'd be applying to mature college again, and they only take over 21s. Wouldnt apply to wolfson again though, I'd end up being interviewed by the same lovely ladies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    hey

I think i've "talked" to you before regarding pem, but I could be wrong 2 othergirls from my school have applied to Pem, for engineering and medicine, but I havent seen anyone apart from you on here that's applied there.

I didn't meet any other bio natscis at interview either, but that could be because I wasn't very well and stayed away from people most of the time!

PS. Did you see the portrait of the man with the square beard in the dining hall? it's on the wall with the entrance in it... I am intrigued by this man.
    Could have. If you were in the cold tv room on the 8th. I couldn't remember very much of the dining hall. In fact I can't remember anything apart from the fact there're only 3 places for Comp Sci. If I had known that, I would have applied to do Maths instead. Damn!

ReputationRep:
    STEWIE????
    i'm Hild and Bede @Durham u?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.