The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
mjf
I applied to Clare last year for Veterinary medicine but didnt get in! :frown:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get in. Have you reapplied/gone somewhere else?
Clare is THE place to be!!!
hey hells bells, What questions did they ask you at your arch and anth interview? I applied for Arch and Anth also
Reply 63
so it looks like there still havent been any cambridge offers or rejections for any college yet, have there?

the annoying thing about waiting now is that there arent so many other things going on during daytime. i tend to get bored playing the guitar at some point and getting drunk doesnt really make sense b4 the evening. in the end i find myself writing pretty useless posts in the uk student forum, which of course doesnt make things better. but at least you lot know you're not alone...and so do i.

good luck!
Reply 64
manu
so it looks like there still havent been any cambridge offers or rejections for any college yet, have there?

the annoying thing about waiting now is that there arent so many other things going on during daytime. i tend to get bored playing the guitar at some point and getting drunk doesnt really make sense b4 the evening. in the end i find myself writing pretty useless posts in the uk student forum, which of course doesnt make things better. but at least you lot know you're not alone...and so do i.

good luck!

The wait for tomorrow/Wednesday's post is beggining to get unbearable.
dum dee dum dum...
Reply 65
Seems to be a pattern in college choices emerging...
Reply 66
Tek

Evidently:smile:
Reply 67
lizzzy`

Haven't seen any Perterhouse applicants...
lizzzy`

I dont get it. What are you two talking about?
Reply 69
Mentally Ill
I dont get it. What are you two talking about?

Most people on this board have applied to a few colleges - Clare & Emmanuel to name a few.
Reply 70
Tek

lizzzy`

Clare college seems to crop up a lot in people's choices.
Reply 71
It's all the Liberals on the forum you see. They're scared of King's (another liberal college) and have hence plumped for Clare.

Honestly, where are all the righty Peterhouse and Caius applicants?

Where have you applied, Lizzy?
Reply 72
ive applied to newnham......and im so impatient.....had weird dreams abt opening my letter....like the same dream 4 times!!!! its sooo annoying im trying to forget abt it all and jus enjoy the holidays, but the waiting is killing! wonder wholl b first on the forum to find out???? make sure u post as soon as u hear! good luck everyone!
Reply 73
Tina
ive applied to newnham......and im so impatient.....had weird dreams abt opening my letter....like the same dream 4 times!!!! its sooo annoying im trying to forget abt it all and jus enjoy the holidays, but the waiting is killing! wonder wholl b first on the forum to find out???? make sure u post as soon as u hear! good luck everyone!

Ahh Newnham, the new Girton.

Good luck with your application.
Reply 74
Tek
It's all the Liberals on the forum you see. They're scared of King's (another liberal college) and have hence plumped for Clare.

Honestly, where are all the righty Peterhouse and Caius applicants?

Where have you applied, Lizzy?

Hi Tek,

It might surprise you (!) that I have applied to Clare for Medicine.

Where have you applied to? Apparently Caius is harder to get in- More places, thus more applicants = more competition.
Reply 75
Sar
OP
Tek
Most people on this board have applied to a few colleges - Clare & Emmanuel to name a few.

And Jesus - yay!!
Reply 76
Not everyone is Clare!

I applied for Trinity, letter should be coming through tomorrow methinks. :frown:
Reply 77
Tina

Good luck with the application, what did you apply for?
Seems like Newnham is up on its applications too.
Whoever lives closest to the Royal Mail depot will get their post first:smile: hehe. I'm banking on the fact that the closer you live to Cambridge the quicker the post but that's a load of rubbish really!
Reply 78
lizzzy`
Hi Tek,

It might surprise you (!) that I have applied to Clare for Medicine.

Where have you applied to? Apparently Caius is harder to get in- More places, thus more applicants = more competition.

Haven't applied yet. I'm a humble sixteen year old A/S student, with much to learn about University admissions, although I expect I shall end up applying to Peterhouse for History.

Best of luck with your application. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Clare is in a wonderful location and is full of lovely, charming people, and that you'll be certain to enjoy your six years there.
Reply 79
Does anyone konw when the post should be coming through? And I mean KNOW as in you have some strong evidence backing up what you've said.

Latest

Trending

Trending