This discussion is closed.
lizzzy`
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
I applied to Clare last year for Veterinary medicine but didnt get in!
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get in. Have you reapplied/gone somewhere else?
Hells Bells
Report 16 years ago
Clare is THE place to be!!!
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey hells bells, What questions did they ask you at your arch and anth interview? I applied for Arch and Anth also
manu
Report 16 years ago
so it looks like there still havent been any cambridge offers or rejections for any college yet, have there?

the annoying thing about waiting now is that there arent so many other things going on during daytime. i tend to get bored playing the guitar at some point and getting drunk doesnt really make sense b4 the evening. in the end i find myself writing pretty useless posts in the uk student forum, which of course doesnt make things better. but at least you lot know you're not alone...and so do i.

good luck!
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by manu)
so it looks like there still havent been any cambridge offers or rejections for any college yet, have there?

the annoying thing about waiting now is that there arent so many other things going on during daytime. i tend to get bored playing the guitar at some point and getting drunk doesnt really make sense b4 the evening. in the end i find myself writing pretty useless posts in the uk student forum, which of course doesnt make things better. but at least you lot know you're not alone...and so do i.

good luck!
The wait for tomorrow/Wednesday's post is beggining to get unbearable.
dum dee dum dum...
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Seems to be a pattern in college choices emerging...
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Evidently
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
Evidently
Haven't seen any Perterhouse applicants...
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Evidently
I dont get it. What are you two talking about?
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
I dont get it. What are you two talking about?
Most people on this board have applied to a few colleges - Clare & Emmanuel to name a few.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Evidently
Clare college seems to crop up a lot in people's choices.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's all the Liberals on the forum you see. They're scared of King's (another liberal college) and have hence plumped for Clare.

Honestly, where are all the righty Peterhouse and Caius applicants?

Where have you applied, Lizzy?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive applied to newnham......and im so impatient.....had weird dreams abt opening my letter....like the same dream 4 times!!!! its sooo annoying im trying to forget abt it all and jus enjoy the holidays, but the waiting is killing! wonder wholl b first on the forum to find out???? make sure u post as soon as u hear! good luck everyone!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
ive applied to newnham......and im so impatient.....had weird dreams abt opening my letter....like the same dream 4 times!!!! its sooo annoying im trying to forget abt it all and jus enjoy the holidays, but the waiting is killing! wonder wholl b first on the forum to find out???? make sure u post as soon as u hear! good luck everyone!
Ahh Newnham, the new Girton.

Good luck with your application.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
It's all the Liberals on the forum you see. They're scared of King's (another liberal college) and have hence plumped for Clare.

Honestly, where are all the righty Peterhouse and Caius applicants?

Where have you applied, Lizzy?
Hi Tek,

It might surprise you (!) that I have applied to Clare for Medicine.

Where have you applied to? Apparently Caius is harder to get in- More places, thus more applicants = more competition.
Sar
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Most people on this board have applied to a few colleges - Clare & Emmanuel to name a few.
And Jesus - yay!!
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not everyone is Clare!

I applied for Trinity, letter should be coming through tomorrow methinks.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)

Good luck with the application, what did you apply for?
Seems like Newnham is up on its applications too.
Whoever lives closest to the Royal Mail depot will get their post first hehe. I'm banking on the fact that the closer you live to Cambridge the quicker the post but that's a load of rubbish really!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi Tek,

It might surprise you (!) that I have applied to Clare for Medicine.

Where have you applied to? Apparently Caius is harder to get in- More places, thus more applicants = more competition.
Haven't applied yet. I'm a humble sixteen year old A/S student, with much to learn about University admissions, although I expect I shall end up applying to Peterhouse for History.

Best of luck with your application. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Clare is in a wonderful location and is full of lovely, charming people, and that you'll be certain to enjoy your six years there.
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone konw when the post should be coming through? And I mean KNOW as in you have some strong evidence backing up what you've said.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.8%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (43)
14.48%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (103)
34.68%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.76%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.39%

Watched Threads