Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Only thing I'm bringing with me are my letter and my mobile; think I'm gonna ring my best mate if I get in, then mum
    I dont think ill open it.....i am fast gettin used to this uncertainty...and in a way it probably feels better than rejection..i will just wait till I turn up at college on the fifth....and wait for my teacher to say either "well done" or "bad luck".

Anyway.....GOODLUCK everyone for tomorrow morning..........

ReputationRep:
    I had wanted to open my envelope away from everyone...but it was kind of obvious of the decision from the size of the envelope so there was no point!
    GoodLuck to all xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    My tutor said that's why oxford's better because you're more likely to get in from the pool. I didn't know whether this was the truth, or just the ex-oxford man's cambridge dislike coming through!
    I heard that too. Apparently it's because the Oxford tutors will make a huge effort to find you a place if they think you are good enough. At Cam, they chuck in loads of people (excellent candidates nevertheless but still a lot more in the pool than at Ox) to the pool so there's a lot more people whose applications don't even get seen. I think at Ox they also have more collaboration within each department too (though I think Cam's medical department are pretty good), could all just be a rumour though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    I dont think ill open it.....i am fast gettin used to this uncertainty...and in a way it probably feels better than rejection..i will just wait till I turn up at college on the fifth....and wait for my teacher to say either "well done" or "bad luck".

but if its really thin...it'll prob be a rejection so youd know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)

Do cambridge tell your school then?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i guess theyll send the comments to them

ReputationRep:
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    the school will almost certainly find out some way or other..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    but if its really thin...it'll prob be a rejection so youd know
    Not at all - I know quite a few applicants with thin acceptances!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who becomes apoplectic with rage when their family asks them about their Cambridge application?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually that bothered anymore. I think I'm in a lull. I'll be full of nervous twitches tomorrow though. Anyone contemplating sleeping on the doormat?

ReputationRep:
    has any1 actually managed 2 get any work done, in between waiting for your replies? I seem 2 have done nothing this holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    But if It's one sheet of paper in a rather small envelope....odds are..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Lol. Imagine if Cambridge sent you a thin letter and, misinformed, you threw it a way thinking it was a rejection, when it was in fact an offer. Then you proceed to confirm your 2 choices with UCAS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Am I the only one who becomes apoplectic with rage when their family asks them about their Cambridge application?
    My family doesn't give me a lot of pressure, indeed my dad didn't want me to go to cam, interesting enough

ReputationRep:
    has any1 actually managed 2 get any work done, in between waiting for your replies? I seem 2 have done nothing this holiday!
    yea lol...ive got same problem...thats why i just want to find out either way so i can get down to revisin for jan modules at some pnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Yeah, especially when they tell me how proud they are of me (I've only applied, anyone can bloody apply) and how they tell me not to worry coz they *know* i'll get in. not convinced...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    the school will almost certainly find out some way or other..
    a boy at my school applied to cam for geography or history (i can never remember which!!) and the school found out before him that he had an interview!!

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Yes...and also when people say useless things like "oh you'll get in" as blase as possible. I won't dammit! And also people treating me with fear as if I were a bomb that might explode. *ticks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    same happens to me.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.