This discussion is closed.
lizzzy`
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
For the whole week before I heard, I kept dreaming that my teeth were falling out. Every single night
Strange!!! But you must be so relieved now
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
For the whole week before I heard, I kept dreaming that my teeth were falling out. Every single night
I'm sure that means something, but not being a dream analyst, I can't say
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lucy,

Where else have you applied to/ have you got offers?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theone)
and 3 years of our lives at stake.
something about the number 3 ay???
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
something about the number 3 ay???
The mind works in threes

*Remembers latin teachers obsession with tricolae*
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
I'm sure that means something, but not being a dream analyst, I can't say
My hypothesis was that I was really anxious and therefore eating lots of chocolate, hence the falling out teeth I always get this dream when I build up nervous energy though

Lizzy - I feel very much relieved now! Apart from the now growing anxiety of january modules :eek: As for where I applied - also KCL, UCL and ICL - I received an offer from KCL (before my Ox interviews so it was nice to have a 'back up'). Ideally I would like UCL as my insurance and if I get an offer before Imperial invite me to interview I will withdraw my application from ICL. I really love KCL though, my interviewers were lovely and I had a fantastic interview experience there - I feel guilty because I will reject them (unless no one else wants me ) after all the niceness they've subjected me to! Where else did you apply ?
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
My hypothesis was that I was really anxious and therefore eating lots of chocolate, hence the falling out teeth I always get this dream when I build up nervous energy though

Lizzy - I feel very much relieved now! Apart from the now growing anxiety of january modules :eek: As for where I applied - also KCL, UCL and ICL - I received an offer from KCL (before my Ox interviews so it was nice to have a 'back up'). Ideally I would like UCL as my insurance and if I get an offer before Imperial invite me to interview I will withdraw my application from ICL. I really love KCL though, my interviewers were lovely and I had a fantastic interview experience there - I feel guilty because I will reject them (unless no one else wants me ) after all the niceness they've subjected me to! Where else did you apply ?
Applied to IC, UCL and Newcastle(brrr!). Haven't heard from any of them, getting *slightly* concerned. Got 2 backups of Biomed Sciences at Durham and Manchester, although ideally I don't really want to be there
So a lot of anxiety for me, given one medical place so far hanging in the balance with three undetermined. Eeek.
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can i just ask what peoples feelings would be if they didn't get in? I mean, its hardly the end of he world is it? And cambridge isn't the greatest uni in the world!?!
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by munchie_rox)
can i just ask what peoples feelings would be if they didn't get in? I mean, its hardly the end of he world is it? And cambridge isn't the greatest uni in the world!?!
Disappointment, but I will move on- a lot of good candidates get turned away

It might not be the greatest uni per se, but it's a good place to be, cheap rent, good academic status...etc.
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If I don't get in then I'm off to york instead
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
Applied to IC, UCL and Newcastle(brrr!). Haven't heard from any of them, getting *slightly* concerned. Got 2 backups of Biomed Sciences at Durham and Manchester, although ideally I don't really want to be there
So a lot of anxiety for me, given one medical place so far hanging in the balance with three undetermined. Eeek.
Don't be concerned at all! I know some amazing applicants who haven't heard anything either as of yet. Someone called ICL up and they said there has been huge oversubscription for medicine this year so they are interviewing up to March. So you should look forward to some more interviews ! Also, I don't know if this is very true or just something my teacher told a classmate to console her (applying for history) - but apparently quite a few people withdraw their applications from unis once they get offers from oxbridge - unis anticipate this (they can pretty much guess from the UCAS form and if you send your form off early) so they just wait until after the results come out! Might be a bit farfetched though
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cheap rent
That was quite a large attraction for me ! Ideally if I hadn't applied for medicine (because London has some of the best hospitals/medical cases) I would have applied outside London because it costs an arm and a leg just to live in a cupboard
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
Don't be concerned at all! I know some amazing applicants who haven't heard anything either as of yet. Someone called ICL up and they said there has been huge oversubscription for medicine this year so they are interviewing up to March. So you should look forward to some more interviews ! Also, I don't know if this is very true or just something my teacher told a classmate to console her (applying for history) - but apparently quite a few people withdraw their applications from unis once they get offers from oxbridge - unis anticipate this (they can pretty much guess from the UCAS form and if you send your form off early) so they just wait until after the results come out! Might be a bit farfetched though
I've heard about that rumour too, don't know if there's any truth in it!
Seems quite logical, though. Thanks
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
That was quite a large attraction for me ! Ideally if I hadn't applied for medicine (because London has some of the best hospitals/medical cases) I would have applied outside London because it costs an arm and a leg just to live in a cupboard
Exactly, plus the rent in London is twice that in Oxbridge.
Living frugally...beans and toast?...NOOOOO :eek:
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Exactly, plus the rent in London is twice that in Oxbridge.
Living frugally...beans and toast?...NOOOOO :eek:
lol And minging bathrooms shared between one floor! Oh and people stealing other people's food from the fridge (all experiences recalled by my friends in London halls)
munchie_rox
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
lol And minging bathrooms shared between one floor! Oh and people stealing other people's food from the fridge (all experiences recalled by my friends in London halls)
i happen to like beans and toast.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
My friend at Corpus had to run across the quad to get to the bathrooms in his second year...imagine that in the middle of winter! I'm going en-suite, all the way heh.
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i happen to like beans and toast.
Not every day I hope.
munchie_rox
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not every day I hope.
nothing wrong with a high fibre diet
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good Lord, almost 1200 replies and only one offer!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (39)
13.27%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (43)
14.63%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (102)
34.69%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.86%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
22.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.44%

Watched Threads