Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Cambridge is only a University (although a very good one). No-one will think any less of you if you go to, say, the LSE. Perhaps at such young ages we are obsessed with academia and fail to see the big picture.

Remember also that it's a bit of a lottery: there will always be better applicants than you turned away and worse applicants than you accepted.
    good advice....but i havent heard from lse either! lolz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    well in my dream i get pooled....to fitzwilliam....interesting that i never knew it existed.....and when i woke up i thought theres no such college....went on to cam website and realised....there is! i duno what to think.....put it this way if i get an offer ill be very very happy....but if i got pooled to fitz.....hey at leaast i can tell teh future thru my dreams ay!
    That's really funny. Who knows...Fitz might come true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    I swear to God I dreamt my AS level percentages the day before I picked up my results and they were exactly the same as the real thing
    wow! well im kinda hoping i now dream of getting an offer from newn!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure whether I got in or not; I'm just sticking with the gut reaction I had at the end of the admissions process, that it had gone well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    Wherever you go, uni is bound to be a fantastic time, regardless of whether you are at Oxbridge or not, although it would be nice.
    It would be nice, yes, but it isn't as pivotal to your life as some make it out to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    wow! well im kinda hoping i now dream of getting an offer from newn!
    Newnham has a mighty long corridor! So many doors...
    Quite a pretty place. Hope you hear soon too Tina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    I'm really not sure whether I got in or not; I'm just sticking with the gut reaction I had at the end of the admissions process, that it had gone well.
    Where/what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    It would be nice, yes, but it isn't as pivotal to your life as some make it out to be.
    No it's not. Some people actually end up not having a good time there due to extremely high-pressured environment, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    well in my dream i get pooled....to fitzwilliam....interesting that i never knew it existed.....and when i woke up i thought theres no such college....went on to cam website and realised....there is! i duno what to think.....put it this way if i get an offer ill be very very happy....but if i got pooled to fitz.....hey at leaast i can tell teh future thru my dreams ay!
    Now that is really weird. I would suggest that you read about fitzw at somepoint and stored this info in your head (sub consciously of course), and perhaps your sub likes fitzw.

I hope my dream is accurate....

At my interview I was told that I would hear from them in the new year.....but I cant help waking up early everday for the post....even on a f**king sunday when there is no post!!!

ReputationRep:
    Where/what did you apply for?
    Phil @ Emma

ReputationRep:
    do u think the decision will be on the ucas website progress tracker thing before we get any reply by post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    do u think the decision will be on the ucas website progress tracker thing before we get any reply by post?
    I've heard that never happens.

ReputationRep:
    No the colleges will get to you first. UCAS get updated sometime in mid/late January.

ReputationRep:
    Newnham has a mighty long corridor! So many doors...
    Quite a pretty place. Hope you hear soon too Tina
    newnham was great! i loved it

ReputationRep:
    Ppl I am 100% certain that ALL the colleges post their replies tomorrow (30th) for all the subjects...I rang around asking at around 3/4 different colleges (Sad...I know!) and all said the same thing and said they'd all agreed to post together 1st class.

We should all get letters same time on Wednesday!!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    Out of curiosity, what made you apply to a single sex college?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think UCAS hear until mid jan, so we should get a letter from Cam first, eek! Where have you applied and what for? Jesus and NatSci for me! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    Ppl I am 100% certain that ALL the colleges post their replies tomorrow (30th) for all the subjects...I rang around asking at around 3/4 different colleges (Sad...I know!) and all said the same thing and said they'd all agreed to post together 1st class.

Good luck!
    Good luck I can't wait. Wonder if Clare college has been super-efficient and posted theirs today...so that it arrives tomorrow morning?
    One can only hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)

Good luck!
    Which colleges did you call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    My friend went to Newnham. Food's not too bad. People might tend to stereotype you though.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.