Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Here's an idea: you shut your mouth!
    Tek look on the previous page, he called your mum 'it'! Go and slap him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Here's an idea: you shut your mouth!
    Who rattled your cage guy.... ITS A JOKE. No one get humour in here? Jeez, is Cambridge gonna be some depressin dump full of squares? Surey not...some one give me a sign!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Lol, how pathetic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    Where is everyone goin for new years? Studying? Some light needle work?
    On New Year's Eve - Celebrating with my close friends if they get into Cam (fingers crossed!) or consoling them if they don't. Might go into London to see Big Ben - otherwise might go to a house party . Definitely not studying oh and maybe a nice meal with the family on new years day What are you up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Talking about me? ...hope not, numero uno, false statement, i didn't, and numero dos, i'm am not a "he"

ReputationRep:
    I think all this starting at a screen has made me dyslexic AND stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    On New Year's Eve - Celebrating with my close friends if they get into Cam (fingers crossed!) or consoling them if they don't. Might go into London to see Big Ben - otherwise might go to a house party . Definitely not studying oh and maybe a nice meal with the family on new years day What are you up to?
    Ooh, i wold love to be in London! GOing to a house party then club...but its dead up here compared with there!! Where in London ya from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)

Its ok lol!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Welcome to the thread

Is your mother a Cambridge graduate, and hence has placed pressure on you? Or is she thrilled that someone in the family is trying for entry? Or neither...?

No, she didn't go to Cambridge, she just thinks it's the opportunity of a lifetime for me, which I spose it is...but I don't think I'm gonna get in so I think she's gonna be more disappointed than me, cos I've kinda resigned myself to the fact. I just wish the blinkin' letter would come and put me out my misery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    At least your Cambridge interview is over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Hey! Is this convo open to anyone? I was just wondering if anyone else's mum was more wound up about the letter than they are?! Mine's terrible- she keeps analysing the whole thing over and over again ('Well if they posted it on Christmas Eve like they did when so-n-so got in, then it should be here....etc, etc.) She's making me so scared! :rolleyes:

Joanna
    Gawd yeah, I feel for you! When I was waiting to hear about an interview, every morning she would rush to get the post and run upstairs to wake me up whenever I received a letter (even if it wasn't from a uni) When I received my acceptance letter (unopened) she kept saying "What's that? What's in that letter? Who's it from?", perfect for calming down the nerves :rolleyes: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    No, she didn't go to Cambridge, she just thinks it's the opportunity of a lifetime for me, which I spose it is...but I don't think I'm gonna get in so I think she's gonna be more disappointed than me, cos I've kinda resigned myself to the fact. I just wish the blinkin' letter would come and put me out my misery!

Whatcha studyin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    UGH, I said starting! *fixes brain*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Gawd yeah, I feel for you! When I was waiting to hear about an interview, every morning she would rush to get the post and run upstairs to wake me up whenever I received a letter (even if it wasn't from a uni) When I received my acceptance letter (unopened) she kept saying "What's that? What's in that letter? Who's it from?", perfect for calming down the nerves :rolleyes: lol
    If any of my relatives did that I'd impale them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    If any of my relatives did that I'd impale them
    Typical Seer, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Aww and your agony is just beginning ! You'll be able to find loads of support here though - plus if you start early enough you wont suffer (much ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Typical Seer, really.
    Or, more likely, set the relative's face on fire and put it out with an axe.

ReputationRep:
    Whatcha studyin?
    NatSci at Pembroke, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Where in London ya from?
    I'm just outside London in Herts. But I'm so close to London it only takes me about 1/2 hour to get right in the centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Aww and your agony is just beginning ! You'll be able to find loads of support here though - plus if you start early enough you wont suffer (much ).
    Pfff, I can handle it. It's not as if it'll matter much in the end if I go to Cambridge or LSE.

(Original post by Seer)
    Or, more likely, set the relative's face on fire and put it out with an axe.
    That's sick, but it actually made me laugh.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.