Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Or, more likely, set the relative's face on fire and put it out with an axe.
    lol It's a shame really, my family's attitude to oxbridge (apart from my brother who doesn't give a rat's ass about it ) is what made me nervous about it all/enjoy the experience less. I asked my parents not to tell my extended family yet though (but my mum 'secretly' told my aunt though and now the whole family knows :rolleyes: ).

(Original post by *Joanna*)
    NatSci at Pembroke, fingers crossed!
    Hey Joanna

Me, too! Physical or Biological?

Reply or PM me!

Rosie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I'm just outside London in Herts. But I'm so close to London it only takes me about 1/2 hour to get right in the centre
    Ooh me too! (normally) I'm in Rickmansworth (near watford) You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    lol It's a shame really, my family's attitude to oxbridge (apart from my brother who doesn't give a rat's ass about it ) is what made me nervous about it all/enjoy the experience less. I asked my parents not to tell my extended family yet though (but my mum 'secretly' told my aunt though and now the whole family knows :rolleyes: ).
    That's awful really. But hey, at least you got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Pfff, I can handle it. It's not as if it'll matter much in the end if I go to Cambridge or LSE.
    Good luck anyway Some parts of applying are actually quite fun

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll shed a tear or two if I get an offer tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Ooh me too! (normally) I'm in Rickmansworth (near watford) You?
    I'm in Elstree/Borehamwood - near Radlett . Rickmansworth - That's where the Royal Masonic School is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    aww i am expecting a rejection so its work as normal, then out to get plastered!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Initially there were no feelings of jubilation with me - only numbness :confused: I will be extremely happy for my friends if they get in tomorrow though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Hey Joanna

Me, too! Physical or Biological?

Reply or PM me!

Rosie xx

Biological- Genetics at the mo, but I quite like Physiology too. How bout u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Aww, how touching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Aww, how touching.
    It is actually.

(Original post by *Joanna*)
    Biological- Genetics at the mo, but I quite like Physiology too. How bout u?
    At the moment biochemistry, but my back-up course is Nottingham - Biochem & Genetics.

Eek, you're the first person I've found to be doing same subject/college. Who were your interviewers? I hope we both get in, if I don't you will get all the blame (only joking ) My interviewers were Nick Davies/Davis (?) and Richard Jackson and I was interviewed on 12th Dec

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Initially there were no feelings of jubilation with me - only numbness :confused: I will be extremely happy for my friends if they get in tomorrow though
    The worst thing would be if your friends got in but you didn't; I couldn't stand that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    It is actually.

I think either way I'll end up crying! Disappointment if i don't get in, disbelief if i do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    The worst thing would be if your friends got in but you didn't; I couldn't stand that...
    That is what I was worried about (i.e. I didn't think I would get in) but now I'm not too worried now because I have much faith in my friends I guess it's a bit different because majority of my friends applied to Cam, but I plan to visit them lots anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    At the moment biochemistry, but my back-up course is Nottingham - Biochem & Genetics.

Eek, you're the first person I've found to be doing same subject/college. Who were your interviewers? I hope we both get in, if I don't you will get all the blame (only joking ) My interviewers were Nick Davies/Davis (?) and Richard Jackson and I was interviewed on 12th Dec

Rosie

ReputationRep:

argh my stupid computer got rid of the reply...
    9th Dec, i had timothy bussey and alan tunnacliffe

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! Another anxious <biting-nails>>>> cam! Applied for English at Jesus college, quite a few of us on 'ere! But where's all those applying for English, it seems alot of the applications are for sciences etc

Good luck tomorrow morning...

I haven't really slept since like December 9th (lol).. last few days though have been a nightmare! I seem to have all the energy at night, can't sleep.. plus i've been doing non-stop revision, i honestly believe nothing has gone in...

Has everyone calmed since earlier, or are we all hyper still??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    so..... where's all our second places if we don't get in?
    UCL or Queens for English

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.