Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello ! I think everyone has pretty much quietened down now I think it has been a good thread to get out everyone's nerves... Wow, even I haven't found the motivation to start revision yet, I'm impressed!

Good luck for tomorrow !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Hello ! I think everyone has pretty much quietened down now I think it has been a good thread to get out everyone's nerves... Wow, even I haven't found the motivation to start revision yet, I'm impressed!

Good luck for tomorrow !
    Yea i guess! You got yr offer from Oxford right? WELL DONE!!!!! Agony has ceased, the nerves will start a week before moving down there! lol

Hey?? Maybe a thread should be started..a week before everyone goes to uni, now that really would be a release! lol

ReputationRep:
    ekekek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Yea i guess! You got yr offer from Oxford right? WELL DONE!!!!! Agony has ceased, the nerves will start a week before moving down there! lol
    Thanks

and hmmm @ Seer's ekekek ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Thanks

and hmmm @ Seer's ekekek ?!
    lucy, if you have msn, add me

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone who's getting the letter through tomorrow.

For me personally, it's not the end of the world if I don't get an offer. Even if I do, I still need to get the grades. No-one in my family has ever been to Oxbridge so there's been a bit of pressure and constant questionning from interested relatives, but it's not been overwhealming.

I've applied to do straight Maths at Girton and felt the interviews (2) went reasonably well. I had an hour-long written test beforehand which was quite difficult, and in the interviews we discussed the questions and with a bit of prompting I managed to answer the questions I couldn't do in the test (eventually). Both interviews were with only one person, and it felt more like a conversation that a panel grilling me which was how my mock interview at school felt.

The more times I think about the interview though, I think 'oh no, that's gonna count against me'. But the decision's been made, so there's no point in worrying about it.

Happy New Year everyone and good luck.

Loads of my friends have been accepted at Oxford but I've applied to Cambridge, and I literally know no one else applying there! I so wish I'd applied to Oxford now!

ReputationRep:
    sorry about ignoring other threads, but offers/rejections HAVE to be in this thread, after all the work we put in it

just to remind everybody:

btw: now that offers are coming in we could use these points as an earlier thread did to fasten things up:

(a) College?
    (b) Subject?
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled?
    (d) Expected?
    (e) Offer requirements if yay?
    (f) Thoughts
    (g) 1st preference now if nay?

(after all this is the only 5***** thread...)

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight people

i really do hope that you all get in, and i hope that you all deserve to get in as wel (which im sure you do ) Anyone who doesn't get in should not be too dis-heartened, there are other places! Good Luck everyone, hope it all goes well, and remember, a thin letter does not always mean rejection!!!!!

Nikki (munchie rox)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Hey all! Another anxious <biting-nails>>>> cam! Applied for English at Jesus college, quite a few of us on 'ere! But where's all those applying for English, it seems alot of the applications are for sciences etc

Good luck tomorrow morning...

I haven't really slept since like December 9th (lol).. last few days though have been a nightmare! I seem to have all the energy at night, can't sleep.. plus i've been doing non-stop revision, i honestly believe nothing has gone in...

Has everyone calmed since earlier, or are we all hyper still??

i applied to do english at king's and can empathise with what you say. when one bases one's identity around being nouveau-zadie-smith it is horrible to think someone will deconstruct it and not let you in!! *******s. how can you be revising? it can only be a history exam or something you are revising for. and you ought to get a matriculation offer anyway right

ReputationRep:
    Post #1,252

Only 9 hours to go...

ReputationRep:
    hi every1, i just wanna say gud luck for tomorrow! i've applied for music at jesus college, and i'm trying to prepare myself for a rejection but it's so hard not to think about getting in! Anyway, hope it happens for you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    hi every1, i just wanna say gud luck for tomorrow! i've applied for music at jesus college, and i'm trying to prepare myself for a rejection but it's so hard not to think about getting in! Anyway, hope it happens for you all.

Goodluck, musicman
    Don't worry too much. Get some sleep, so that you're ready to sprint down the stairs when you hear the post tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    Goodluck, musicman
    Don't worry too much. Get some sleep, so that you're ready to sprint down the stairs when you hear the post tomorrow.
    have you lot been on uk-learning thing all day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bernie)
    have you lot been on uk-learning thing all day?
    On and off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I can understand that. Although, whilst a year stands for 6% of your life now, it will only be 1.5% in the long run.
    this is so cool. can i use it as my tagline thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I'm in Elstree/Borehamwood - near Radlett . Rickmansworth - That's where the Royal Masonic School is right?
    You are very right...and that would be my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    You are very right...and that would be my school
    Ah cool, are you in Year 13? If so, do you know Stacey Pinkus (NB incase she is some wicked horrible demon-worshipping poohead, she is not my friend - merely someone who was in my class in junior school yonks ago and I know that she went on to RMS )?

RMS is supposed to be really pretty - I would have liked to visit just to see the grounds What's the atmosphere like there ?

ReputationRep:
    i was at pembroke on 12th dec too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Ah cool, are you in Year 13? If so, do you know Stacey Pinkus (NB incase she is some wicked horrible demon-worshipping poohead, she is not my friend - merely someone who was in my class in junior school yonks ago and I know that she went on to RMS )?

RMS is supposed to be really pretty - I would have liked to visit just to see the grounds What's the atmosphere like there ?
    I do know her very well, she was in my class through year 7-11 and I still see her quite a lot...she's not a demon-worshipper or anything! Hehe. WOW...small world, heh?

Yep year 13, waiting for the cambridge letter at the moment RMS is very pretty, I board full-time there and have done for about a decade (hehe), and the grounds are one of the highlights...especially in summer. The atmosphere is also very good, and there's hardly any snobbery you'd come to expect from public schools etc which is why those threads at uk-learning annoy me...in general everyone gets on very well. Apart from the younger years who we hate for not being respectful enough to us, their elders ... Where are you at school? PM me if you wanted more info

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.