Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Someone needs a bit more self-control (j/k)
    I know. I should really be studying for a math exam. I don't know how I'm gonna survive this week. Downing haven't given out any information.... no one I know seems to have applied to Downing.. and I'm stuck in a pit far away fromt he rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I know. I should really be studying for a math exam. I don't know how I'm gonna survive this week. Downing haven't given out any information.... no one I know seems to have applied to Downing.. and I'm stuck in a pit far away fromt he rest of the world.
    Don't worry, I have an entire module to learn for january exams and I've still got 4 massive chapters left

Just try to prepare yourself for whatever the outcome may be, that's the only advice i thought about.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I'm living on 2 hours of sleep in 2 days so I'm quite brain dead. Since I found this forum, I just can't stop checking it out. It's bad.
    I had 2 hours sleep the day before the computing course was due in last year. Luckily it was a friday. But still managed a top score in the Maths AEA lesson. Only if I still had that brain with me this year, I would......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    < ------- Rejected
    Sorry to hear that. But it won't be too long before you find out why you got rejected. That's the only good thing I can think of. Cheer up, not all roads lead to Rome, some of them lead to places better than Rome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I had 2 hours sleep the day before the computing course was due in last year. Luckily it was a friday. But still managed a top score in the Maths AEA lesson. Only if I still had that brain with me this year, I would......
    Haha. I studied my entire history thing in 2 days.... 15 hours each day of mugging. Intense studying for all the time I had wasted away in the year. Surprisingly I did very well (for the amount of studying I did) and had a score of 96%.

ReputationRep:
    a) College? king's
    (b) Subject? english
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? yay yay yay yay yay yay yay
    (d) Expected? absolutely
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? AAA in history / english / german / music
    (f) Thoughts? crap, three As, have done no revision for january modules yet due to christmas intoxications etc. they give offers to a third more people than there are places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bernie)
    a) College? king's
    (b) Subject? english
    (d) Expected? absolutely
    (f) Thoughts? crap, three As, have done no revision for january modules yet due to christmas intoxications etc. they give offers to a third more people than there are places.
    congrats!!!!

ReputationRep:
    a) College? king's
    (b) Subject? english
    (d) Expected? absolutely
    Congrats. WHat made you expect it out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I studied my entire history thing in 2 days.... 15 hours each day of mugging. Intense studying for all the time I had wasted away in the year. Surprisingly I did very well (for the amount of studying I did) and had a score of 96%.
    Now I want your brain.
    *Camford doesn't know how to do "intense study" for science subjects*

ReputationRep:
    a) College? king's
    (b) Subject? english
    (d) Expected? absolutely
    Congratulations! Do you take just 4 subjects? I'm so worried about having to get 3As. Lolz. If I settle for NOttingham I wouldn't have to study. Just get an A in Math and Bs for the subjects I got 100% in last year. Poooooo. But why the 'absolutely'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Congrats. WHat made you expect it out of interest?
    Well done to all those with offers. Commiserations to those without.

I am still waiting....

Lizzy have you heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    So most of the people got offers!!
    that means my chance is getting smaller

ReputationRep:
    Now I want your brain.
    *Camford doesn't know how to do "intense study" for science subjects*
    Haha. No you wouldn't... trust me. My brain works like a tangent curve.. short periods it goes up up up.. and suddenly there's no connection and it goes down down down. It's useful if the ups clash with exams and the downs clash with holidays. Not so useful when they don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    So most of the people got offers!!
    that means my chance is getting smaller
    Or is it increasing?

ReputationRep:
    rejected this morning from selwyn for english- Y14, got 4 A's in Eng, History, german, art textiles and dist. in Eng AEA, gold d of e, county youth orch player. Am gutted. Didn't even get pooled! And to think I was considering rejecting an offer from an all girls college if it came to that! Bristol it is then- anyone else planning on goin there? Congrats to eveyone who got offers - your interviews must have been great. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    My letter got two sheets. Which makes it slightly heavier than some other offers. One white sheet, personally signed by Susan Stobbs. The other sheet is pink. It says something about Data Protection Act.

I wonder how many sheets of paper she had to sign? Did she sign only the offers but not he rejections?
    she signed mine - i got pooled

ReputationRep:
    Hey so know one's gotten replies for Law or from Downing right? I want to tear my hair out! *rrraaar*

ReputationRep:
    Congrats everyone ! al - very well done, knew you would pull through - EE :eek: ?! gobsmacked !

Good luck to the rest of you (especially theone & lizzy who are particularly nervous *fingers crossed* )!

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer this morning from New Hall for Anglo Saxon, Norse and Celtic!!!! Can't believe it, as the interview was very mediocre. Congrats to everyone with offers, and to everyone who didn't make it this time round, I got rejected last year too, thus proving that it is possible to succeed on a second attempt and that it's definitely worth reapplying if that's what you really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflew)
    rejected this morning from selwyn for english- Y14, got 4 A's in Eng, History, german, art textiles and dist. in Eng AEA, gold d of e, county youth orch player. Am gutted. Didn't even get pooled! And to think I was considering rejecting an offer from an all girls college if it came to that! Bristol it is then- anyone else planning on goin there? Congrats to eveyone who got offers - your interviews must have been great. Well done.
    Hey.. you sound like a really strong candidate and I'm reallys orry you didn't get in. At least I'm also prepared to get rejected because I'm no way as good as you. How did your interviews go? And don't worry about it.. Bristol is also extremely reputable. I'll be off to NOttingham when my rejection comes.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.