Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Thanks, all though I probably wont take my rejection as well as you

You'll make a great med student wherever you end up studying!

I cant beleive my post hasnt come yet. it normally gets here by 830, so I can assume i aint finding out till next year..........
    I'm trying to take it well, but I just know I'll crumble to bits when I speak to my Oxbridge friends... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    Maybe it will turn up by noon, optimistically!
    My rejection was signed by the college's admissions tutor. Hmm.
    If I am rejected I think I am going to have bad thoughts of what id like to do to the interviewers.....

How bothered are you to find out the reasons for your non acceptance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    I'm trying to take it well, but I just know I'll crumble to bits when I speak to my Oxbridge friends... :eek:
    Hey, I just hope they give you all the support you deserve. What's your 1st choice now? I'm sure it's a really great place.

ReputationRep:
    Post came, at last. And, I'm in the pool. So....more waiting!! Oh joy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche)
    Better than being rejected at least, look on the bright side

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations and good luck. Where to? and what course?

ReputationRep:
    which [email protected]??

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations and comiserations, everyone...

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? Homerton
    (b) Subject? Natural Sciences (Physical)
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (d) Expected? Not at all
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? A in Physics, A in Maths, A in Biology
    (f) Thoughts ? i am very glad to be given the offer but i still have to get the grades now, time to work hard and revise. A in Physics and maths is probable....but i was predicted a B in biology . i never knew it would come down to this..................it is possible but i need to change my way of working to get an A, i will now have to put effort in. i will stop messsing about and wont go out so much. i wont start today. 2004 will mean changes in my life.....if i want to get into cambridge. is the hard work worth it?it is!!!!!!

(Now my worst nightmare would be, not to get striaght As. i would be destoryed, now if ppl take the piss out of me for trying too hard etc they can go f themselves)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    which [email protected]??
    Veterinary Medicine, at Magdalene.

ReputationRep:
    REALLY sorry to hear that lizzy....

Dont worry coz youll make a GREAT doctor wherever u go!!!
    (remember oxbridge...and cam in particular...dont make the best doctors..its more scientists/ researchers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Yeh I'm one of those weaker candidates... 6 good As 3 100%s and the rest above 90 but extremely bad interviews - I sounded stupid and uneducated. I guess it's also coz' of being educated in this part of the world. I'm in this pit of 300,000 people, no proper broadsheet newspapers.... repressive censorship.. no one who's ever been to Oxbridge in this entire country's history.... people living off oil as if it were food. I don't have all those achievements like you guys with AEAs and Duke of Edinburgh! I only have the grades, and other irrelevant things like being Head Girl and a member of the ICJ in international model united nations meetings... *sigh*.. it's quite depressing!! ANd to think I even bothered to try.... It was all wishful thinking. Now I just want to know the result and resign myself to my fate.
    u really need to stop feeeling sorry for yourself and refrain from blaming your nationality for holding you back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    (a) College? Homerton
    (d) Expected? Not at all
    (f) Thoughts ? i am very glad to be given the offer but i still have to get the grades now, time to work hard and revise. A in Physics and maths is probable....but i was predicted a B in biology . i never knew it would come down to this..................it is possible but i need to change my way of working to get an A, i will now have to put effort in. i will stop messsing about and wont go out so much. i wont start today. 2004 will mean changes in my life.....if i want to get into cambridge. is the hard work worth it?it is!!!!!!

(Now my worst nightmare would be, not to get striaght As. i would be destoryed, now if ppl take the piss out of me for trying too hard etc they can go f themselves)
    good on u!

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? Homerton
    (d) Expected? Not at all

Congratulations!!! I really hope you can do it.. and now that you've got your inspiration.. go get your As! I'm really really happy for you. BTW, how many other subjects are you taking for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? Trinity
    (b) Subject? Mathematics
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay
    (d) Expected? Nay
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? AAB + 1,1 on STEP 2+3
    (f) Thoughts ? Yay! But now I've got to grapple those STEP papers some more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    (a) College? Trinity
    (b) Subject? Mathematics
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay
    (d) Expected? Nay
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? AAB + 1,1 on STEP 2+3
    (f) Thoughts ? Yay! But now I've got to grapple those STEP papers some more.
    Wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Wahey ! Well done keithy - the hard part is over, good luck for getting AAA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Wonderful
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (a) College? Homerton
    (d) Expected? Not at all

Hey! Well done! I got a place for Natsci too!! Biological though at Jesus. If we get the grades I may see you in the lectures lol! How mad!!

ReputationRep:
    Really want to call home Dad's getting a little sick of me calling. Wanting to make myself wait another 30 mins but time going SO slowly. Highly suspect he's plain lying to me.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.