This discussion is closed.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lizzzy`)
Peterhouse are notoriously bad at accepting females I'm afraid.
In fact it's a right wing, homsexual, public school boy college which offers unconditional places to sons of their alumni
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
Hmm not too sure - one of my friends had a choral scholarship and heard quite a while later if that's any consolation . Really wouldn't worry about it !
thanx it does make me feel better!
did your friend get in?
Lucy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
has anyone got into pembroke? or been rejected? or have they just pooled everyone?!
They can't just pool everyone There must just have been quite a few good applicants tis all - sit tight and good luck
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I STILL HAVENT HEARD!!!!!!!!!! its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had really weird dreams agen and NOTHING.....has come thru the post. tried phoning the college admissions office but its on ansaphone....aAGGGGGHHHHHHHH :mad:
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
In fact it's a right wing, homsexual, public school boy college which offers unconditional places to sons of their alumni
That bad huh? Lolz..
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
has anyone got into pembroke? or been rejected? or have they just pooled everyone?!
i'm feeling 'just pooled every1' hehe think they're renowned for it actually. what time were u there on the 12th anyways, i might know who u r? u in junior parlous at all?
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
I STILL HAVENT HEARD!!!!!!!!!! its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had really weird dreams agen and NOTHING.....has come thru the post. tried phoning the college admissions office but its on ansaphone....aAGGGGGHHHHHHHH :mad:
I think they got fed up of people calling.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kat)
thanx it does make me feel better!
did your friend get in?
Unfortunately no but it wasn't because of the lateness of the post - I assume that generally people who gained choral scholarships are just looked at a little later
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Enjoy your six hours in the summer, not many people get that kind of treatment in exams
It'll be a laugh a minute! :rolleyes:
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hahhaa. Gosh it'd be the worst thing in the world to hear a rejection on the phone. SO that's why I'm not calling.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so u havent heard either??? how abt every1 else??? think we're gona b w8n til friday!
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Interesting - I had only heard that they were a homosexual college.
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
i'm feeling 'just pooled every1' hehe think they're renowned for it actually. what time were u there on the 12th anyways, i might know who u r? u in junior parlous at all?
Hi, it was actually me who was there on the 12th, Joanna wasnt. I was in the JP a bit in the early morning and on the 11th in the evening but i wasnt very well and kept myself to myself mainly.

Rosie
lizzzy`
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
so u havent heard either??? how abt every1 else??? think we're gona b w8n til friday!
Tina,

See previous posts.
I got rejected.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Excuse my ignorance, but aren't there exams during the period they seem to be planning pool interviews?
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Hahhaa. Gosh it'd be the worst thing in the world to hear a rejection on the phone. SO that's why I'm not calling.
Plus they get really peed off if you call before the 6th Jan - so you don't want to go and pester them anyway
Stewie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
My post has just come and there's nothing............I can't take it anymore
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Excuse my ignorance, but aren't there exams during the period they seem to be planning pool interviews?
Unlike with the Dec interviews, they will rearrange pool interviews because they know people have exams. So if theres a clash just ring them up and they should be able to move the date.

Rosie
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by crana)
Unlike with the Dec interviews, they will rearrange pool interviews because they know people have exams. So if theres a clash just ring them up and they should be able to move the date.

Rosie
Ah I see.

I have no pool interviews, I have no letter, well I might have, I'm too scared to find out
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tina,

See previous posts.
I got rejected.
ohhh sorry huni! i havent had a chance to read them yet. hey listen im sure ull do great at one of ur other choices!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (36)
7.5%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (38)
7.92%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (115)
23.96%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (68)
14.17%
No, nothing has changed (146)
30.42%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (77)
16.04%

Watched Threads