Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone about who applied for Medicine? How did the interviews go?
    Yes...and the interview went rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    clare, jesus, churchill, trinity
    Al65,

where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Hey ya! You know, I didn't even think about women's colleges when I applied but I've been a thinking, if I get pooled then, becasue they're so undersubscribed, I might get picked out by one of them. What's it like compared to the mixed sex colleges? I've been at an all girls school for the past 7 years so I'm a little unsure as to whether I can hack another 3 years of it, but someone from my school went to an all girls col at Cam and loved it, so maybe it won't be so bad... hmm...
    apparently newnhams got loads of applications this year
    new hall buildings dont look as nice as newnham but dunno what the atmospheres like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Sounds like it went well! Fingers crossed! Mine was on 11th, seems like an ages ago in some respects but in others it seems like just the other day, it's so weird!
    i know what u mean1

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here think that a degree from Cambridge is worth "more" from the more prestigious colleges (Christ's, etc) than say New Hall or Homerton?

ReputationRep:
    christs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    apparently newnhams got loads of applications this year
    new hall buildings dont look as nice as newnham but dunno what the atmospheres like.
    New Hall are consistently at the bottom of the inter-college league tables (for 1sts, 2:1, 2:2).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Does anyone here think that a degree from Cambridge is worth "more" from the more prestigious colleges (Christ's, etc) than say New Hall or Homerton?
    No, because at the end of the day your degree still says BA/MA whatever, your college is unspecified. Colleges are a determining factor in the quality of your social life mainly And just where you sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    christs
    If you are lucky you might get a matriculation offer. (EEE)

Christ's are very academic. What questions did you get asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzzy`)
    If you are lucky you might get a matriculation offer. (EEE)

Christ's are very academic. What questions did you get asked?
    An offer of EEE?! How?!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 5 most respected are (in no particular order):

Emmanuel
    Trinity
    Christ's
    Gonville & Caius
    St John's

ReputationRep:
    New Hall are consistently at the bottom of the inter-college league tables (for 1sts, 2:1, 2:2).
    I shouldnt think the college makes much difference. Everybody studying a given subject will be studying the same things and for the same degree. I expect it will only make a difference to pretentious people.

ReputationRep:
    where are inter-college league tables ?

ReputationRep:
    No, because at the end of the day your degree still says BA/MA whatever, your college is unspecified. Colleges are a determining factor in the quality of your social life mainly And just where you sleep.
    Fair enough, I suppose.

The matriculation offer is EE, not EEE.

ReputationRep:
    I see, no one has applied to Pembroke nor to do CompSci.... Does that mean I have a better chance of getting in?

see this post for more info on Post Interview Syndrome

ReputationRep:
    no chance in EE...the rest of them were all reallllly swotttty geniuses!

Questions....all over the place really...about anything that just came into the guys head...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    An offer of EEE?! How?!
    Didn't you know about the matriculation offer? They only give it to EXCEPTIONAL students who have n number of A*, n number of A-Levels at A grade. It's so that the pressure is off the student who will be expected to do very well at the A-Level exams anyway.

Don't want to get your hopes up, but it is offered to 1/3 of Christ's applicants regardless of subject. But usually Christ's ask for AAA/AAAA in Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Fair enough, I suppose.

Someone got an offer of EEE- see Oxbridge profiles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Fair enough, I suppose.

so who gets these......people who are absolutely brilliant in their interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the employment prospects are for Cambridge graduates with 1sts

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.