The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Adhsur
WAHHHHHHHHH!! *sob*..

sorry just had to let something out there.

They can't see how mjch i like my subject, they can't see how all i've ever wanted is to go to cam -

I'm feeling rather dillusional now.

Thank yourself flipin lucky Adhsur! At least youre still in with a shot! Ive got rejected outright ... think how I feel!
I got in I got in i got in!!! yay!!! clare for arch and anth!!
Reply 1702
Seer
truce.

Well it says offers were made in all subjects. Emmanuel and Clare are probably the 2 most competitive colleges, so chances are our applications will be looked on first :smile:

I sure hope so! good luck :smile:

Isn't it so awful though? Not knowing where you stand?
Reply 1703
Tek
All this Cambridge talk has made me soooo determined to get my place next year (I'm in the lower sixth).

Its very hard Tek. Dont take a future place for granted.
Reply 1704
Adhsur

I just want to know either way, don't care if I get in or don't, but waiting is just annoying.
Reply 1705
Seer
I just want to know either way, don't care if I get in or don't, but waiting is just annoying.

It is.

Knowing my luck I'll get rejected again. Either that or i'll be pooled to girton or churchill...or even worse, an all girls' college.
Reply 1706
Seer
So that means out of 14,000 applicants, 3000 or so receive offers instantly. The other 500/600 offers are from the pool.

Urm, I mean, that means 3500/11000 applicants get pooled.

okey dokey

Sorry you didn't get a straight offer. I bet you'll be picked up in no time (coming from emma as well) :smile:
Reply 1707
lucerna
Sorry you didn't get a straight offer. I bet you'll be picked up in no time (coming from emma as well) :smile:

Yeah, I don't feel too disheartened because I konw the first place they are gonna look at is emmanuel :smile:

Note that, there is no statistic saying there was an offer given to at least one applicant at all the colleges which pooled, they probably completely bypass undersubscribed colleges :O
Hells Bells
I got in I got in i got in!!! yay!!! clare for arch and anth!!

Congrats! and attached conditions?
Reply 1709
Adhsur

I know its hard, but lots of other people have been rejected today, and you moaning about getting pooled is really disheartening! I would have loved to at least have a second chance at getting in.
Reply 1710
*dave*
I know its hard, but lots of other people have been rejected today, and you moaning about getting pooled is really disheartening! I would have loved to at least have a second chance at getting in.

I understand and I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 1711
Adhsur
I understand and I'm sorry :frown:

Youre one of the lucky ones ... you should be happy that they are at least considering your application. I suspect mine is going to be thrown in the bin.
Reply 1712
WAHOO!!

(a) College? Emmanuel
(b) Subject? NatSci (biological)
(c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay!!!
(d) Well everonye else expected it, I got more and more pessimistic as time went on. Especially as it's about 1 in 5/6? for offers. Today I was strangely optimistic though :smile:
(e) Offer requirements if yay? AAA bio,chem,maths (darn can't count spanish)
(f) Thoughts? Kind of numb actually...I don't think it's sunk in yet hehe.
(g) 1st preference now if nay? Cambridge with Bristol second choice.

Well done to everyone who got offers! People who got pooled, I remember the admissions tutor at Emma saying that around 1 in 3 people generally get picked up from the pool, which is a pretty nice statistic. People who got rejections; just remember, it's their loss :smile:

The margharitas are on me!
*dave*
Youre one of the lucky ones ... you should be happy that they are at least considering your application. I suspect mine is going to be thrown in the bin.

Burn it on the fire. It makes you feel better.
Reply 1714
lucerna
WAHOO!!

(a) College? Emmanuel
(b) Subject? NatSci (biological)
(c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay!!!
(d) Well everonye else expected it, I got more and more pessimistic as time went on. Especially as it's about 1 in 5/6? for offers. Today I was strangely optimistic though :smile:
(e) Offer requirements if yay? AAA bio,chem,maths (darn can't count spanish)
(f) Thoughts? Kind of numb actually...I don't think it's sunk in yet hehe.
(g) 1st preference now if nay? Cambridge with Bristol second choice.

Well done to everyone who got offers! People who got pooled, I remember the admissions tutor at Emma saying that around 1 in 3 people generally get picked up from the pool, which is a pretty nice statistic. People who got rejections; just remember, it's their loss :smile:

The margharitas are on me!

It's actually 1 in 5.5 :biggrin: but i think if you applied to a top college (i.e. emmanuel) your chances are boosted siginificantly.
Reply 1715
Camford

ah that reminds me i havent done that with my oxford one yet... :wink:
Reply 1716
Camford

LOL ... I think I might keep it as a momento lol. Proof that I went there and had a shot. It goes to show that grades arent everything, and that straight A's doesnt guarantee you a place. If youre shit at the interview (like I was) then youre buggered.
Reply 1717
Seer
It's actually 1 in 5.5 :biggrin: but i think if you applied to a top college (i.e. emmanuel) your chances are boosted siginificantly.

I admire youre optimism Seer :smile:
Reply 1718
edders
ah that reminds me i havent done that with my oxford one yet... :wink:

:eek:
Reply 1719
*dave*
I admire youre optimism Seer :smile:

hey it's fact man :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending