Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Good idea - though I can just in my paranoia imagine-

"You? Mere puny candidate wanting to waste time asking US questions? How DARE you presume such a thing? We shall withdraw your offer immediately!" (cue evil laughter)
    lol I get those exact same feelings paranoia wise! I think I'll just wait until I talk to one of my (hopefully) future tutors - he will app. contact me if I make my offer so I'll ask him then They are actually really nice to prospective applicants though - before I applied, all the colleges were more than willing to throw any old information at me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Can you beleive that I just called my college (Wolfson - a mature college) and apparently they are not writing until the 5th January........I am quite upset now.

Ouch. That's harsh of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Ouch. That's harsh of them!
    It is quite inhumane actually. What will I do for all this time??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Can you beleive that I just called my college (Wolfson - a mature college) and apparently they are not writing until the 5th January........I am quite upset now.
    Aw that's harsh, poor you - must be agony! Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Aw that's harsh, poor you - must be agony! Good luck anyway
    Yes, I think I may be diagnosed with depression before I get their decision

ReputationRep:
    Good idea - though I can just in my paranoia imagine-

"You? Mere puny candidate wanting to waste time asking US questions? How DARE you presume such a thing? We shall withdraw your offer immediately!" (cue evil laughter)

(Original post by Sazzle)

By the way, knowing little about STEP would somebody please explain... How hard is it to get the grades specified? Do those of you with offers feel you have a realistic shot at getting the STEP requirement?
    its pretty tricky, one of my friends missed her offer on step results alone(ie she got AAAA) and is now at warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    that's a bit wierd isn't it? i've only read one person getting into pembroke. maybe they're hoping to get better ppl from the pool.....that would be sneaky!
    I know another one, so that makes it two people. Me for Comp Sci, the other one for Nat Sci, Bio. I'm going to find out something about Oriental Studies later, when I ask the person.

ReputationRep:
    thinking about it, this is a really horrible time of year to be getting acceptances/rejections from oxbridge especially if youve got your heart set on going there. i can imagine some people have had a really upsetting christmas/new year because of it

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnaB041986)
    thinking about it, this is a really horrible time of year to be getting acceptances/rejections from oxbridge especially if youve got your heart set on going there. i can imagine some people have had a really upsetting christmas/new year because of it

Donna
    -x-
    we'll just have a disappointing new year, but not Christmas thanks to the laziness of Cambridge. Imagine you applied to Oxford and get rejected on 24th. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hells Bells)
    Hey i'm clare too!!! Arch and Anth, desperately nervous ;-)
    Heya!! Hope to see you next year -I hopefully will be going to Peterhouse to study Arch and Anth -so may see you at the faculty. I just haveto fulfill the 3A offer

ReputationRep:
    WAHOO!!

(a) College? Emmanuel
    (b) Subject? NatSci (biological)
    (c) Yay or nay or pooled? Yay!!!
    (d) Well everonye else expected it, I got more and more pessimistic as time went on. Especially as it's about 1 in 5/6? for offers. Today I was strangely optimistic though
    (e) Offer requirements if yay? AAA bio,chem,maths (darn can't count spanish)
    (f) Thoughts? Kind of numb actually...I don't think it's sunk in yet hehe.
    (g) 1st preference now if nay? Cambridge with Bristol second choice.

Well done to everyone who got offers! People who got pooled, I remember the admissions tutor at Emma saying that around 1 in 3 people generally get picked up from the pool, which is a pretty nice statistic. People who got rejections; just remember, it's their loss

The margharitas are on me!
    Hey! Well done! I got into Jesus for bio NatSci! Eeek! Isn't ot weird? It we get the grades we'll be in leactures together! hehe! Congrats again! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manu)

hope to see you next summer, sar. well done and hopefully a good sign for jesus applicants...
    Thanks hon, still can't believe it!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    WAHHHHHHHHH!! *sob*..

sorry just had to let something out there.

They can't see how mjch i like my subject, they can't see how all i've ever wanted is to go to cam -

I'm feeling rather dillusional now.
    Don't lose hope dude! 1 in 3 get in from the pool, and did you apply for Clare? It's one of the most popular so that'll be the group of pooled applicants the other cols will look at first. Fingers crossed xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Don't lose hope dude! 1 in 3 get in from the pool, and did you apply for Clare? It's one of the most popular so that'll be the group of pooled applicants the other cols will look at first. Fingers crossed xx
    This is really true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    This is really true?
    That's what I heard. The bit about the colleges is probably right, as the one's with the greatest amount of strong pooled applicants will surely be the one's cheacked out by the admis tutors first? Not sure though! Good Luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    It is.

Knowing my luck I'll get rejected again. Either that or i'll be pooled to girton or churchill...or even worse, an all girls' college.
    u mean to say that churchill is easy to get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Hey everyone...

Just got my reply cos the damn mailman only comes at 11:30!!!!!!!!!!

Good news tho...I got offered 3As to study law at Caius!!!!!!!

G
    well done!! my mate studies law at caius! he loves it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nans)
    u mean to say that churchill is easy to get into?
    Adhsur, you need to get a grip on yourself. Cambridge isn't the be all and end all of life - noone will think any less of you if you go to another top university! It's a lottery these days anyway - the important thing for you now is not to beat yourself up over it; as long as you feel that you've done your best then ultimately it's out of your hands. Now either resolve to take a year out and reapply, in which case good luck to you, or stop whinging about it and get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    hi there got offer for natsci at corpus. matriculation (post a-level). very pleased and grateful.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.