Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    doesnt help reading those stats:

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/.../07/table4.pdf

architecture has the worst applicants/places ratio (only one out of 10 get in).

arent there any architects around?

good luck to those pooled. and those still waiting for a letter (e.g. lilsunflower, akk713)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Any way I can find statistics about how many people were pooled, then given offers for each subject?
    Try
    http://www.admin.ac.uk/reporter/2002.../07/table7.pdf
    It's a different table to the one linked before which is table 4. It does give a breakdown of numbers applied, rejected, pooled and subsequently accepted.

ReputationRep:
    yo kids, i got my letter today, pooled from Kings! Quite chuffed, since i expected a straight rejection..... About the pooling, i dont believe it matters what college you are from, i think that the subject has a lot more to do with it, frinstance medicine is gonna have more competition than..... geography?! You get my meaning. BUt either way, pooled people should thnk himself themselves very lucky that they got a second chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    yo kids, i got my letter today, pooled from Kings! Quite chuffed, since i expected a straight rejection..... About the pooling, i dont believe it matters what college you are from, i think that the subject has a lot more to do with it, frinstance medicine is gonna have more competition than..... geography?! You get my meaning. BUt either way, pooled people should thnk himself themselves very lucky that they got a second chance!
    Nope the college will have a big implication, since the standard of applicant is different at each college, the standards of those that get pooled is likely to differ as well.

ReputationRep:
    So..slight change in topic.

People with acceptances from cam, do you think they send back feedback to the school, or is that just for rejections and when the school asks? I think it'd be interesting to find out how we did - ie good parts / bad parts of the interview...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    So..slight change in topic.

People with acceptances from cam, do you think they send back feedback to the school, or is that just for rejections and when the school asks? I think it'd be interesting to find out how we did - ie good parts / bad parts of the interview...
    I think it's only standard practice if you get rejected. You can still ask for the info though - they might just think you're a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I think it's only standard practice if you get rejected. You can still ask for the info though - they might just think you're a bit weird
    Meh, they'd be right :P

ReputationRep:
    just worked out my theoretical chances of getting an offer:

for architecture: 10%

non uk residents: 11%

that makes: 1,1% probability that i get an offer. might not even bother opening the envelope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manu)
    just worked out my theoretical chances of getting an offer:

for architecture: 10%

non uk residents: 11%

that makes: 1,1% probability that i get an offer. might not even bother opening the envelope
    Hey I've beem pooled for Law from St John's. Anyoune have any idea about ratio for places for Law. And woud any one consider St John's to be a top college for Law in the pool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    Hey I've beem pooled for Law from St John's. Anyoune have any idea about ratio for places for Law. And woud any one consider St John's to be a top college for Law in the pool?
    Yes, St John's is a very strong college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Yes, St John's is a very strong college
    Does this mean that I have agood chance in the pool, or not? I bet is v competitive even in the pool! Oh well I can always reapply next year!

ReputationRep:
    My friend (at Caius) told me that this year it was around 7:1, so well done!! I would carefully consider reapplying to any university. Make sure you are intrinsically happy with a gap year first (and be honest with yourself). Where else do you hold offers from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    Does this mean that I have agood chance in the pool, or not? I bet is v competitive even in the pool! Oh well I can always reapply next year!
    You'll definitely have a good chance but obviously you have to be realistic about the competition (which I think you are ) - good luck though !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    you can browse through the stats at:

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/2002-03/special/07

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamer)
    My friend (at Caius) told me that this year it was around 7:1, so well done!! I would carefully consider reapplying to any university. Make sure you are intrinsically happy with a gap year first (and be honest with yourself). Where else do you hold offers from?
    NOWHERE!
    LSE- On a short list that I bet is a mile long, the rest heard nothing, nowt....
    Well I have been predicted five As, I find school too easy and just want to get out and see the world, but may have to wait another year!

ReputationRep:
    do you think jesus college is a good college to be pooled from? is it prestigious or nething?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    I already posted this up on a different message board but i'll post it up again. Does it say on anyone's cambridge letter to reply in writing with regards to accepting the offer as soon as possible, and if so what are they looking for (do they want an e-mail sent or something)?
    Didn't on mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    do you think jesus college is a good college to be pooled from? is it prestigious or nething?
    i really don't know, there's so many people on this forum been pooled and everyone has different views. i personally don't beleive any of the top colleges nonsense as it's just a bit weird if u think. take emmanuel or clare, every1 seems to think its great to be pooled from there but the people who applied there did u really apply cos u thought u were too good for the other colleges? no they're all equal. the pooling is done to reflect equal numbers of males/females across the different subjects and colleges. as english is perhaps say a more girly subject and engineering more masculine. that's my view anyways but think what u like! but good luck to every1 that got pooled, there seems to be more people pooled than had offers on here and even rejections! owell nevermind - happy new year!

(Original post by boygenious)
    I already posted this up on a different message board but i'll post it up again. Does it say on anyone's cambridge letter to reply in writing with regards to accepting the offer as soon as possible, and if so what are they looking for (do they want an e-mail sent or something)?
    mine did i just wrote a letter i dont think they need to know at the speed of sound so Id just go with snail mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    there seems to be more people pooled than had offers on here and even rejections! owell nevermind - happy new year!
    That's probably because there will be some people who were rejected, who don't feel like putting their results up for others to see, or to discuss the issue.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.