The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
MadNatSci
Nonono, I'm not doing music! I'm a NatSci, I just happen to be in the choir so I know the organ scholars and the music people quite well:smile: Did your letter say they were still considering you? There's always hope! I don't know how the pooling system works very well but I'd guess they're trying to see if they can arrange an extra place to take you on...

no i don't even know if i have been pooled,, not heard one word from robinson yet!
Reply 1961
MadNatSci
Ignore that post, I've just read back and seen that you haven't got a reply... Well in that case there's more hope! I'm pretty certain that they send all the letters, at least all those for one particular subject/college group - rejections and offers - out together so a long wait really doesn't have a bearing on whether you're in or not..

yea ur probably right well all find out together although i don't think that i have much hope ! because trinity was my 1st choice originally theve already written 2 me saying u dont have a place at trinity etc and good luck with your other universities etc!!!!

although they did not say anytthing about robinson where i was passed onto resulting form getting a choral award there!

but i assume robinson will also write! to tell me either way!
kat
yea ur probably right well all find out together although i don't think that i have much hope ! because trinity was my 1st choice originally theve already written 2 me saying u dont have a place at trinity etc and good luck with your other universities etc!!!!

although they did not say anytthing about robinson where i was passed onto resulting form getting a choral award there!

but i assume robinson will also write! to tell me either way!

If you have a choral award I'd say you have a strong chance of acceptance. If you think about it - if they give you a choral award and you don't get an offer of a place, what do they do?! I would imagine they give you a choral award if they're pretty certain you'll get an offer. And don't worry about the Trinity thing - my friend also applied to Trinity for a choral award and got turned down; she got an award from Selwyn instead and has just got an offer to read ASNAC. Trinity isn't everything :smile:
Reply 1963
MadNatSci
If you have a choral award I'd say you have a strong chance of acceptance. If you think about it - if they give you a choral award and you don't get an offer of a place, what do they do?! I would imagine they give you a choral award if they're pretty certain you'll get an offer. And don't worry about the Trinity thing - my friend also applied to Trinity for a choral award and got turned down; she got an award from Selwyn instead and has just got an offer to read ASNAC. Trinity isn't everything :smile:

ooooo thats made me feel alot better thanx!

who was ur friend, i take it that was this yr!

let me think i remember 1 person going 4 an audition to selwyn while i was there, she had a bike so what was her name, let me think, dark hair umm cant remeber unless it was becs?
Reply 1964
oh yea also , sorry did ur friend recive a letter from both colleges? if so do u know whether either o them mentioned the other college in theirs, what did the trinity one say to her?
kat
ooooo thats made me feel alot better thanx!

who was ur friend, i take it that was this yr!

let me think i remember 1 person going 4 an audition to selwyn while i was there, she had a bike so what was her name, let me think, dark hair umm cant remeber unless it was becs?

Yes, it was this year! Her name's Amelia... she did have dark hair but not sure if she would have had a bike... I'll ask her about letters - when did you get a letter from Trinity then? She hasn't mentioned a letter from Trinity recently but if you mean back in September I might be able to help... I'll ask her:smile:
All right, I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the past 99 pages, but I'm a little on edge and I don't have the time, so I'll just ask:
I just got a letter from the Tutorial Bursar at Clare College, about the Cambridge Trusts. The first sentence is "As you have been offered a firm or conditional place at Clare to read for a first degree and are not a home student, you are eligible to apply to one of the above funds for help with your fees and/or maintenance costs."
This is the first I've heard from them since the interview - I've had no acceptance letter from UCAS or the college, and my UCAS page doesn't say anything about it, although I don't know how much that says since my Durham offer, which I got a couple of weeks ago, isn't up there yet either. I have done the screaming YES YES YES thing, but now my triumph seems suddenly tainted. What if this is one of those evil "You may be our next million-dollar winner!" type things?
I mean, I'm sure it's not, it looks very personalized and official. But I suppose my question is - does a letter from the Tutorial Bursar mean I definitely have a place? Some knowledgeable person, please come to my assistance...
erika_johanna
All right, I'm sure this is covered somewhere in the past 99 pages, but I'm a little on edge and I don't have the time, so I'll just ask:
I just got a letter from the Tutorial Bursar at Clare College, about the Cambridge Trusts. The first sentence is "As you have been offered a firm or conditional place at Clare to read for a first degree and are not a home student, you are eligible to apply to one of the above funds for help with your fees and/or maintenance costs."
This is the first I've heard from them since the interview - I've had no acceptance letter from UCAS or the college, and my UCAS page doesn't say anything about it, although I don't know how much that says since my Durham offer, which I got a couple of weeks ago, isn't up there yet either. I have done the screaming YES YES YES thing, but now my triumph seems suddenly tainted. What if this is one of those evil "You may be our next million-dollar winner!" type things?
I mean, I'm sure it's not, it looks very personalized and official. But I suppose my question is - does a letter from the Tutorial Bursar mean I definitely have a place? Some knowledgeable person, please come to my assistance...

Why don't you give them a call? You can find the phone numbers on their website at www.clare.cam.ac.uk
lilsunflower
When my fax rings.. I'm going to have a heart attack. Been camping at the fax machine for 2 and a half hours now. Anyone know if Cambridge admissions offices are open today? If you could tell me, I'd be eternally greatful coz' then I own't have to wait by the phone all day. Thanks and cheers.

CAO is closed today. I just called them.
hey didja get in mentally ill?
Surfing Hamster - closed 'til Sunday, I'm afraid. And I want to call people and gloat now.
Ohwell. Patience, virtue, etc.
Mentally Ill
CAO is closed today. I just called them.

Oh poo! Lolz.. do you know when they will be open? Thanks for telling me. I can go to sleep now.
erika_johanna
Surfing Hamster - closed 'til Sunday, I'm afraid. And I want to call people and gloat now.
Ohwell. Patience, virtue, etc.

They open on Sunday? Woohooo.. that's a loooong wait for me. Someone help me!
Hells Bells
hey didja get in mentally ill?

Damn Im still bloody waiting!!!! I heard my college arent posting until next week!!!

I fear I may not have got in...... I am so sad.....If i get rejected i will throw myself in the river thames :frown:
Mentally Ill
Damn Im still bloody waiting!!!! I heard my college arent posting until next week!!!

I fear I may not have got in...... I am so sad.....If i get rejected i will throw myself in the river thames :frown:

Hey don't say that! You're scaring me. If we don't get in.. come with me and I'll come and biff those Cambridge pple up.
lilsunflower
They open on Sunday? Woohooo.. that's a loooong wait for me. Someone help me!

You must get some sleep because they wont open until Monday.
Yeouch, which college is so lazy? ;-)
erika_johanna

Sounds like you have a place. Have you double-checked inside the envelope to make sure there's no acceptance letter still inside? Sounds like a stupid question I know but as it's only a thin sheet of paper... I nearly didn't find it last year! Otherwise I expect your letter has been lost in the post - give the college's admissions office a ring. UCAS won't show the offer for ages - Oxbridge don't seem to bother informing them for a while!

Congratulations:smile:
Reply 1978
hey all!
well after a long wait i finally heard this morning that i have been placed in the pool....but my original college may still make me an offer??!! v.confused........ :confused:
Hells Bells
Yeouch, which college is so lazy? ;-)

Wolfson, they are a graduate college. But my interview was on the 16th of december. Arch and Anth is such a minority subject at that college that they would have known who they were offering to well before christmas......

Perhaps I dreamed up the whole thing and didnt even apply???????

Latest

Trending

Trending